Magick with animals?

I’m just looking for ideas for how to do magick with our pets or other animals? Preferably for mutual benefit
For example dogs, cats, snakes, or any kind of animal really. I know it’s kind of a classic concept that a witch has animal friends or allies that aid in the rituals but I wouldn’t necessarily know how to go about this properly

5 Likes

Every animal has helpful energies that can be used but not all are familiar. Just to get that out.
The Classic idea is any old animal can be bought and is now a familiar just because the one who brought them home was a witch.
Not true.

For me, working with animal energies is more Shamanistic and rarely is a physical animal involved. They do feel if you’re closer to their vibration and will react sometimes however so be prepared for that lol.

Spirit animals or deseased ones are who I normally communicate with.
One Spirit I work with did send me a living cat who is very close to a familiar. It would be the second one I’ve ever had that took on a physical form.
A rare thing for them to do in my eyes.

For starting out I’d suggest meditation and work on finding your animal guide/guardian. They can lead you once you’ve found them. Don’t assume what animal it is, clear your mind and let the Guardian take whatever form it wants, you’ll be surprised.

4 Likes

Thank you for the info. I’ll try your suggestion.

There’s so much fascinating magick to do. Try to have Bastet bless your cat, it’s extremely interesting!!!

4 Likes

Cool! I don’t personally have a cat though.

1 Like

:rofl::joy: I instantly thought about zoophilia when you said that. Idk, I think I heard somewhere a long time ago that someone has a dog that defends him/her from low level entities and indentifies those low level entities (trickster spirits that don’t have better things to do than just trying to troll or deceive you).

1 Like

That is possible. If you learn how to talk to an animals higher self it’s like talking to a person’s in a way.
Animals are visual mostly so just talking doesn’t work as well

2 Likes

I know it’s possible to talk to animals, I heard from a friend that he can talk to animals and trees and they will speak to him telepathically back, I tried that too with a tree, the tree used direct communication (words) but also he showed me some things/led me to some things.

2 Likes

Hi all. Don’t know if this thread is closed or if people are still interested but there are many ways in which you can incorporate animal magick into your life.
First you must classify what type of animal magick you wish to engage in such as. Astral, the spirit world and your diseased animals, Animal Servitors, Domestic familiars or wild animals. All of these can be considered animal magick.
If I’m correct the OP seems to be wanting to do some magick with their domestic familiar.
If you have familiar of the domestic rather than exotic variety, namely Cats and dogs rather than snakes and lizards. You can try divination. Lay out your tarot cards and ask them to select one. This will reveal information about their current state of mind, health and welfare. You can also lay out several cards in a spread that pertain to various forms of magickal practice. Such as the magician indicating ceremonial magick and the Queen of cups signifying more intuitive forms such as clairvoyance. Get you familiar to select a card and this will show you what kind of magick they can help you with.
I work a lot with my familiars. I’ve used tarantulas, lizards, cats, dogs etc. they all have something to offer but the absolute KEY to working with any animal magickally is to first understand the nature and personality of the animal you have. Just like if you wanted to work with a person in a magick circle, you have to know their limits, likes and quirks before you expect them to jump in and do whatever you want to work on.
I’m currently writing a book on animal magick and how to get the best out of a working relationship. One of the things I recommend is to first learn to talk to your animal. This is entirely possible, and the form of communication is individual to each familiar and their owner. Some telepathically talk to them, some speak aloud exactly as you would speak to them anyway in everyday life. Like anything, it takes a bit of work but once you start to see them respond to more unique requests you know they are fully listening. Begin by asking them telepathically to come to you. Something as simple as that can start it off. Once they start coming over every time you do this, you know you have established an understanding with each other. I find it helps to also have images in your head like a picture book as your talking to them. Example. I look at my cat and I say to her telepathically, come over here to me and I will project an image of me giving her a treat for coming over. Once this happens regularly you know you’ve cracked it. But do make sure you follow up on that treat rather immediately or you cat/dog will hate you forever lol.
This isn’t in the book for legal reasons but there is evidence that cannabis puts humans in the Alpha wave range of thought. This is the same range they believe animals think in after various scientific experiments into the matter. So, what I’m saying is, if your country’s law has legalised weed (Unlike the pathetic UK gov) then perhaps if you are comfortable with this, you could use this to put you on the same page as your animal. Given that I am in the UK nanny state I deny all use of such things, however I have it on very very good authority that this works very well :stuck_out_tongue:
This post is by no means exhausted, there are literally hundreds of things you can do magically with animals but it would take me years to finish this post. I’m more than happy to PM however if you wanted to know anymore.

5 Likes