Magick or Hypnosis?

I saw a post saying that gnosis is basically just accesing your subconscious, reprogram your subconscious, calling on superconscious (spirits) to aid your reprogramming, and thats magick. Im confused because is magick affecting reality or are you changing yourself to fit this reality? and if the latter then how do long range magick work and bane magick and other magick not centered on you?

The original definition of magick, by Aleister Crowley, from the book “Magick in Theory and Practice”:

“Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will. (Illustration: It is my Will to inform the World of certain facts within my knowledge. I therefore take “magickal weapons”, pen, ink, and paper; I write “incantations”—these sentences—in the “magickal language” ie, that which is understood by the people I wish to instruct; I call forth “spirits”, such as printers, publishers, booksellers and so forth and constrain them to convey my message to those people. The composition and distribution of this book is thus an act of Magick by which I cause Changes to take place in con- formity with my Will.)”

According to Lon Milo Duquette, magick can only change yourself, since the processes of magick should ultimately transform yourself into a person to whom good things happen. Notice that this is something that can be expected from high magick, there won’t be much evolution from anxiously rushing through online communities looking for shortcuts to fullfil petty whims.

3 Likes

So how does baneful magick attack directed at a target from afar work? does this discredit other magick that doesnt affect myself? :open_mouth: and what about the physical manifestation of spirits

1 Like

This has truly affect how i see magick and i dont know how to react

:open_mouth::open_mouth: And does that mean magick is just coincidence which you take in as a phenomenal act of your will because you thought of it first?

I showed you the view of two well known authors, other authors may have other views, such as putting all their energy into external change

1 Like

I see, thank you for giving me a new perspective

1 Like