Magick in someone else’s house

I’m going to be living with some relatives for a few days. I’m not sure how I feel about practicing magick in a house where I’m a guest. Do you ever do magick in someone else’s house?

I wouldn’t recommend it unless they give permission just as a courtesy. But it’s up to you ultimately.

I did it a few times in my parents house as a guest (I moved out some good while ago so I don’t have that “home” feeling there, anymore. I am a guest). There wasn’t a negative outcome so far and two times it was to set up protection measures, anyway.

3 Likes

Idk what your relationship with your parents is like, but I was thinking more like extended family you don’t see all to often.

I see my parents twice a year, my dude :thinking: I started my journey last year. One ritual last year, one at the beginning this year, a third one because I visited them for someones birthday one week ago. So far no one seems to have any negative influence from it (aside from some tasteless decor I set up)

My aunt and uncle are fully aware of what I do (I talk a lot about it) and accept it. Course their very Christian. Like once you walk into the house you see angel statues and Jesus pictures. I’m mostly planning basic pathworkings, but I’m thinking it may not be the best environment for that. They won’t stop me, but I’m debating on it.

1 Like

You lucky nugget, you could ask them ,then!

Yes, I’m very lucky when it comes to family. However I wish I had that much luck with friends.

Out of courtesy, I would set up wards to prevent any clashing energies from bleeding out and contaminating the space and make sure to banish after any ritual.

I would also ask permission. If your aunt and uncle are Christian, it’s polite to ask before you start calling in demonic energy, as it could cause problems for them if you don’t properly contain the energies.

2 Likes

Actually I was thinking more celestial than infernal.

1 Like

Apologies for the assumption of demonic, but wards and banishing should still be used with celestial powers just to prevent contamination.

1 Like

Depends on the situation.

In an emergency, yes.

If it’s not an emergency and will bother the residents in some way (chanting, smoke, being up late, etc.) then I’ll find a way to do magick somewhere else or at a later date.

If it’s not likely to bother anyone and I have a reasonable degree of privacy, yes.

We’re here for less time than I thought. So I decided against it.

1 Like

We’re always doing magick lol. Its a matter of awareness. Rituals and stuff thats just to get us in a magickal state of mind so to speak. But to answer your question, I dont see a problem as long as you clean up afterwards :wink:

1 Like

Saw you decided against, but for future reference Darkest and Lucifer have it.

I live with others and we have mutually warded our own bedrooms and each others to keep cross contamination to a minimum so mixes only happen when we want it to happen.

Yeah sure. You can practice. Look, you are consciousness that is literally all things including your infinitesimal personal experience. You practice magic with or without ritual through your state of consciousness. Not a big deal: go ahead.

That’s just closing your eyes. How could that be a problem where ever you are (unless you’re in traffic riding your bike at the time)
It’s not like you’re vibrating Names as loud as you can, or waving your sword towards the quarters while the room is filled with a thick cloud of incense.