Magick Circles, To Buy or Make?

So I’ve been learning from EAK coruses for awhile now and I just wanted to ask about the magickal circles. Is it better to make or buy them? They’re pretty expensive on the site but I was wondering if I made them would it still work? Or is there something special about them making them or is it just convince?
Thank you for the help?

Supposedly there’s a pretty helpful spirit bound to EA’s circles, but I’m pretty sure one you made yourself would still work just fine

1 Like

Okay because I really need one but I don’t have 200 I can just spend at this moment.

Anything you physically put time and effort into is better imo.

5 Likes

Yes, you can make your own. Some on the forum have taken chalk and drawn the Universal circle on their floor for ritual. The only difference , really, as @Akashiel stated, is that there is a mediator spirit bound to the physical Universal circles that aids in the materialization of spirits.

Magicians have been using simple chalk circles and visualization for centuries so I don’t think one is better than the other. It’s really down to personal taste. Personally, I have found using an actual, physical UC to be very helpful in my evocations.

3 Likes

Okay thank you. I’m going to create my own to begin with I think and maybe some spirits can help me out in getting the funds for a EAK made one.

2 Likes

Yes, in a big way. You can make an extremely competent circle with india inks and a painter’s drop cloth; I like this method because you can add things to the ink to give it a boost (blood, herbs, incense, ashes of a sigil, etc). Do you see EA using someone else’s circle, or did he devise his own and then share it with us?

3 Likes

Spirits taught him and he showed it to us.

2 Likes

Devised was probably not the best word. Created, then. Yes, it is a direct results of his own workings with spirits, and had he not shared it with us it would be a magickal circle, inspired and used in his personal practice. Which is exactly why I suggested doing the same. I mean no disrespect to EA or anyone else; there are more than a few highly competent magickians who offer effective ritual tools, and the UC is great. I am simply of the school of thought that you simply cannot purchase a magickal tool more powerful than the one you create with your own hands and custom fit to your personal practice.

3 Likes

I use a rope with knots lay in a circle make my boundary but ya I think be nice to have a printed circle but bills come first lol

1 Like