Magick being "testable"

In one of EA’s videos he says that the thing that separates religion from magick is that magick is testable. He said that you can make certain predictions about the outcome of true magick and get results every time. I love that idea because it appeals to my scientific mind. However, in other videos he says that the “how” and “when” is in the spirit’s hands. Isn’t the how and when part of the spell and therefore part of what should be able to be predicted? Like the example that RavensAscent gave about predicting a curse at a certain time?

I didn’t say anything about predicting a curse at a certain time, I said you plan to do the curse at a certain time and tell the person when you plan to do it so they know to start looking for bad things to happen after that time… for the atheist skeptics

And you need to read the comment I left for you most recently in your magickal limits topic. It will benefit you.

I guess I was imprecise with the use of the word “prediction”. What you described is what I meant. Basically your statement to the skeptic was something that could be tested. That’s all.

And I just read your reply you left on the limits of magick. Thank you so much. I will get to work on that.

Dreams are the ideal place to test this.

In a lucid dream, say I walk into a room and find a gang of criminal looking types with guns, and I don’t want to puppet them, but just generally influence their behavior.

I could yell “Everybody freeze! You’re under arrest!” like a cop, or I could do my best mob boss accent and say “Mmmmm’yeah boys, let’s go rob that bank!”. In either case, I don’t know exactly what’s going to happen next, but I have a pretty good idea in general.

Depending on the metaphors you use, your predicted outcomes can be either generic or very specific. Which is best depends on the situation.

I based a curse on the idea of a house of cards, which inevitably does but one thing, fall in on it’s self. That’s pretty generic, and it was funny how literal the manifestations were in that they literally involved falling. Not surprising in the least though.

This is a classic Voodoo black magick technique. It involves placing something that symbolizes a persons fear as a fetish on their doorstep or wherever to curse them. Ive had it done plenty on me, but I have learned to caste out my fear and any psychological implanted crap and not give a fuck and tell them to just bring it =)

all threats of curses or violence went out the window where such and such an individual has nothing left but to do it the old fashioned low-tech way which would get my adversary either shot or beat up.

One thing I would absolutely LOVE to do along these lines which, greatly enough for me, falls in line with my college major, is put something like an EEG on EA or S. Ben Quayin while they are doing a ritual or any sort of magick and record what is going on in their minds. I’d love to run some tests to see what actually happens in terms of the brain and the mind, perhaps even the environment itself where these tests are being run. As of now that most likely will not happen, but I would absolutely love to test this sort of thing and get some readings and such from it.

Has anyone ever noticed that when listening to E.A.'s videos occasionally you will hear a large gust of wind followed by a whooooaaaarrrrr like you can almost hear a swarm of spirits in the background flying thru the room and the microphone just happens to pick up on it because if you’ll notice when this happens, E.A. will stop for just a second, he’ll get very quiet like he heard it too and is trying to listen to what is being said.

At first I thought it may just be interference from his electronic equipment but he distinctly stops talking, moves his eyes toward a certain direction and gets a look on his face like he is listening and if someone else is in the room with him, like if he is interviewing someone or being interviewed by them he’ll even look at that person like, seriously you didn’t hear that? and the other person will continue talking as if they didn’t hear a thing. It sounds way too low pitched to be electrical interference.

I have definitely seen E.A. jerk his head and look away when doing interviews and such. I have not heard the sounds that you are referring to. I assumed that he was just hearing the voices of spirits.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:9, topic:7303”]Has anyone ever noticed that when listening to E.A.'s videos occasionally you will hear a large gust of wind followed by a whooooaaaarrrrr like you can almost hear a swarm of spirits in the background flying thru the room and the microphone just happens to pick up on it because if you’ll notice when this happens, E.A. will stop for just a second, he’ll get very quiet like he heard it too and is trying to listen to what is being said.

At first I thought it may just be interference from his electronic equipment but he distinctly stops talking, moves his eyes toward a certain direction and gets a look on his face like he is listening and if someone else is in the room with him, like if he is interviewing someone or being interviewed by them he’ll even look at that person like, seriously you didn’t hear that? and the other person will continue talking as if they didn’t hear a thing. It sounds way too low pitched to be electrical interference.[/quote]

I always thought it was just cars or something of the sort. Occasionally in his videos I can hear a car or something in the far distance zoom by, but i’ll key into this.

Another interesting thing I noticed, however, is that you should look closely at EA’s Forehead as well as S. Ben Quayins. This was pointed out in a random comment that I saw just by chance and now I can’t stop noticing it: It looks like I can see the form of an eye on his forehead. Same with S. Ben Quayin. I may be making a stretch, but is this the 3rd eye by any chance?

No, I noticed this too and thought I was imagining things but if you are seeing it too well, maybe we both can see this and others cannot?

There’s actually an exercise in core shamanism (I say that to distinguish it from region-specific indigenous shamanism btw) where you begin to look for people’s “third eye” - it’s really worthwhile IMO.