Magical decoys !?

Hi, Everybody!
i would like to know whether it is possible to create magical decoys for someone as a protection from hex, curse, or other baneful magick. So that rather then harming someone, the attack end up hitting the decoys.

It would depend on the level of skill you have, the methods used, and who/what are you defending from.

Sure decoys may work on a person, even the most powerful psychic spy, but do you think you can fool an incredibly powerful spirit who has been sent to kill you? This has been their domain for all time, and some are more ancient than time itself, and if you think you’re going to fool them you are in for some RUDE and rough surprises if you aren’t more familiar with the realm of spirit than the realm of the physical.

You’d probably be better off getting spiritual protection.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

eh, Frater I have a question for the sake of argument. I have wanted to something similar to this guy for a while but more in depth… say you have 17 decoys in a city(using the method listed in Chaos sorcery) but only one of them has hard wired protection. would it be more convincing to have multiple ones that have protection, to the level that the spirit cannot reach the decoy to find out if it is the real deal? would that be more effective? what about living decoys(such as an animal or person) would that be anymore effective? can you turn a living person into a decoy without their knowledge or involvement?

Also Jyoti try enchanting objects around your house to break when a curse has been cast on you, or just have some servitors that give you a heads up.

[quote=“Icarus, post:3, topic:1627”]eh, Frater I have a question for the sake of argument. I have wanted to something similar to this guy for a while but more in depth… say you have 17 decoys in a city(using the method listed in Chaos sorcery) but only one of them has hard wired protection. would it be more convincing to have multiple ones that have protection, to the level that the spirit cannot reach the decoy to find out if it is the real deal? would that be more effective? what about living decoys(such as an animal or person) would that be anymore effective? can you turn a living person into a decoy without their knowledge or involvement?

Also Jyoti try enchanting objects around your house to break when a curse has been cast on you, or just have some servitors that give you a heads up.[/quote]

To my knowledge I have seen things that can pass for this, and I can assure you multiple would not make them better. Some attacks can get through these decoys, but this isn’t a stealth method, it’s something to do when you need time to lick your wounds because you feel like your death is coming and this is your last resort. Furthermore, and forgive me for being a giant ass clown, but the techniques were given to me by a good friend of mine with the idea it not be given out. With respect to him and his safety I won’t give them out…

But…I will send you a PM.

Best of Luck,
-Frater Apotheosis

So there’s a technique to make a person a decoy? Interesting I think I will look into this.

I could see this working on another magician who was striking using sympathetic links but I agree with Frater A fooling a spirit would seem much more challenging.

Thanks Everybody ! For your generous and wise opinion. I had raised this issue of using of Magickal Decoys, concerning protection from direct Baneful magick, Curse and Hexes.
Still, I think Frater Apotheosis had mentioned a very import point regarding to the use of spirit for magickal attack in Baneful Magick and ineffectuality of magickal decoys in this regard. I do, hereby forward my thanks and commend Frater Apotheosis’s thoughtfulness in this regard.
As far as I could remember, there was two such incident came to my knowledge from the past; when two Magician had to handle such spirit related cases and it was solved nicely. Both of them were quite interesting;
In the first case, some half-mad mage had sent the Goetic king Paymon against a magician; as a result the magician faced with some unfortunate incident in his personal life and one month of nausea and high fever. At last he somehow figure it out (may be through divination or whatever) and evoked the Goetic King Paymon himself and with due respect and offerings explain to him that our Mr. Magician is totally innocent in this whole incident/ affair and politely requested him to remove all his negative and baneful effect from the magician and send him back to the half-mad warlock, to which Paymon happily agreed. After few days the Magician came to know that his arch rival had went through an accident and bankruptcy, and then left the town for good.
The second case was related to The Great Voudoo Priest Baron DePrince; and it was mentioned by himself. Actually, the attack was not on Baron DePrince, but on one of his client. Once upon a time somehow this client approached the Baron as a last resort. Through his chicken bone divination Deprince came to know that through his misdeeds his client had earned the wrath of a powerful Bocor, and this Bocor had set-loose a very powerful Loa Spirit against his client and now the life of his client is totally devastated and ruined. So, after coming to know all about these incidents, DePrince summoned the Loa Spirit to make an amend; DePrince talked to the Loa Spirit and the Spirit agreed for an amend with some conditions, whom the Loa Spirit laid out himself. After this, DePrince informed his client about this amend and conditions by the Loa Spirit; to whom, the client agreed. And, after completing all the tasks laid out in the condition as per the amend, all the negativity was removed from the life of the client and his life returned to normal and started to prosper again.

Therefore, observing the above two incident, we can say that; yes, there might be cases of magickal attacks where spirits are being used and they might be also complex. But, they are not totally incurable; “IF THERE IS A WILL, THAN THERE IS A WAY”. And in the hands of experienced Magicians like Baron DePrince or E.A., these types of cases could also be solved.
Again I thank, Frater Apotheosis for mentioning such an important point .

Frater Apotheosis is spot on about Magical Decoys.

The skill of the magician is important but so is the techniques they use to create the decoys and with help from evocation of demonic, angelic or deity the decoy will be even more effective.

Traditional folklore had various wards from the powers of witchcraft and spirits including bottles of sand, hagstones and more. These make pretty good bases for decoys.