Maergzjian tradition

I’ve been reading The Black Scriptures from Somnus Dreadwood. The book has many really nice and unique sigils as well as a description of the entities and worlds the Cabal work with regularly. Some of these worlds and entities have actually caught my attention and I would like to ask a few questions about them. I know that at least a couple of regulars here use the text.

• Dreadwood writes in a way that has the implication that these worlds are interconnected and are inside the plane of Maergzjiah. Is it technically possible to walk from one plane to the other while traveling, i.e, walk from the Astral plane to the Etheral plane?

• I noticed Dreadwood has a particular focus for necromancy and demons, but there are some entities in the tradition that don’t specialize in either. Does anyone here have any experiences with Astrael, Belnara, Illkeserod, Nykarleth and Xath’kyrzian?

• I understand working with these entities can be dangerous. How closely do you have to follow the tradition in order for these gods to not be offended? I ask this because I like being flexible however these are unique gods that I don’t want to offend if I start working with them.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I think @TheStorm may be able to give you some insight, something he mentioned in another poat triggered an info hunt for me that lead to this author.

3 Likes

I read of a guy in other forum, who call a goddes of sex, from the maerghizath. tis spirt is a male demon on other tradition. The goddes was picture 3xactly.nxt day he found the girl whit red bright listick. Its not coincedence. Or hallowen time

2 Likes

Okay. Sure. I do have some experience with these entities. [quote=“SabahSnoblod, post:1, topic:19013”]
Dreadwood writes in a way that has the implication that these worlds are interconnected and are inside the plane of Maergzjiah. Is it technically possible to walk from one plane to the other while traveling, i.e, walk from the Astral plane to the Etheral plane?
[/quote]
Apparently yes. [quote=“SabahSnoblod, post:1, topic:19013”]
I noticed Dreadwood has a particular focus for necromancy and demons, but there are some entities in the tradition that don’t specialize in either. Does anyone here have any experiences with Astrael, Belnara, Illkeserod, Nykarleth and Xath’kyrzian?
[/quote]
Astrael is amazing. So is Nykarleth. So is Belnara. So is Illkeserod (she gets mad if you ask the same question twice though). Xath’kyrzian I haven’t worked with extensively, but I assume he’s just as amazing. [quote=“SabahSnoblod, post:1, topic:19013”]
I understand working with these entities can be dangerous. How closely do you have to follow the tradition in order for these gods to not be offended? I ask this because I like being flexible however these are unique gods that I don’t want to offend if I start working with them.
[/quote]
The key here is respect and humility. Don’t approach them as some people here approach demons. Proclaiming that you are their lord and master will get you killed. The Grandmaster does encourage experimentation in his books though and in “The Left Hand (it’s the red book with a hand on the cover)” he says that much doesn’t actually need to be done according to Maergzjiran tradition.

3 Likes