Lying Pendulums, etc

The subject title for this is a little extreme, for lack of a better word to describe the inaccuracy that renders my pendulum readings useless.

I’ve been attempting to utilize pendulum divination for over a year, and have gone through multiple consecrations and cleansings of pendulums I’ve sought out to see if different kinds really make much of a difference. (I’ve even made a couple.) I do LBRP before all my work.

None of my readings have been very accurate. Some answers I’ve received are so damn enthusiastic, waving strongly and swiftly, and absolutely insistent, (asked more than once throughout a session to test the consistency – which they are more often than not.) yet turn out to be completely false when checked out or come to pass in my life. If I had to give you an estimate on the average success rate, I would say that I probably get around 25 - 40% answers that prove to be truthful and helpful.

The only other form of divination I use right now is tarot, but even that isn’t useful for immediate situations – rather, it gives me the most vague and broad answers that unfold much further down the road to where they hardly have any relevance to the question, instead of being useful for direct, clear questions.

Neither of these things are helping me with pressing issues or even just letting me know if a spell or evocation will be a good idea and give me some shred of success. Kind of important to know before wasting my time and energy, or a spirit’s for that matter.

So, what’s your take on this? Is this just something that needs a lot of practice in order to get correct and to the point answers? Without pendulums or tarot all I’ve got is intuition alone. Is there a better way to get solid answers for those who cannot yet converse clearly with spirits?

IMO the Book Of Fate (downloadable copy & tutorial here) is a good method, and that doesn’t need any overt psychic ability.

You get more from it the more psychically attuned you are, but if you stick to the simpler questions like Q 8. & Q 9., which are more or less “yes or no” questions, you can usually get helpful readings that way.

The I-Ching also doesn’t require psychic ability to use but you do have to spend some time investigating the system of thought and understanding of reality that lies behind it.

All these methods seem to “read” different aspects of reality, while you should always use your common sense when you get, or do, a reading (because no method’s absolutely perfect) I’ve found both of those very helpful.

1 Like

It seems that many believe that Pendulums are tools that predict. I have
been taught differently. Pendulums measure the NOW in any question.
You may phrase your question by asking 'What is the probability of ___
but it will only be responding to the moment you are asking the question.
You are more likely to get an accurate answer if you do not ask yes/no
questions. On line there are free dowsing cards that are numbered 1-10 or
1-100. When you ask your question you can phrase it like - Is this person
being honest - and learn just how honest he/she actually is, etc. You learn
a great deal more this way then with a Yes/No answer.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I’ve never considered either but now I definitely will learn and try each method out.

What exactly do you expect to answer through the pendulum? If you’re just posing questions tobnothing in particular, you’re either getting no response from spirit or response from the wrong kind.
Tarot requires you to interpret the images by your own psychic ability. Discard the book.

1 Like

[quote=“Kid Black, post:1, topic:4766”]The subject title for this is a little extreme, for lack of a better word to describe the inaccuracy that renders my pendulum readings useless.

I’ve been attempting to utilize pendulum divination for over a year, and have gone through multiple consecrations and cleansings of pendulums I’ve sought out to see if different kinds really make much of a difference. (I’ve even made a couple.) I do LBRP before all my work.

None of my readings have been very accurate. Some answers I’ve received are so damn enthusiastic, waving strongly and swiftly, and absolutely insistent, (asked more than once throughout a session to test the consistency – which they are more often than not.) yet turn out to be completely false when checked out or come to pass in my life. If I had to give you an estimate on the average success rate, I would say that I probably get around 25 - 40% answers that prove to be truthful and helpful.

The only other form of divination I use right now is tarot, but even that isn’t useful for immediate situations – rather, it gives me the most vague and broad answers that unfold much further down the road to where they hardly have any relevance to the question, instead of being useful for direct, clear questions.

Neither of these things are helping me with pressing issues or even just letting me know if a spell or evocation will be a good idea and give me some shred of success. Kind of important to know before wasting my time and energy, or a spirit’s for that matter.

So, what’s your take on this? Is this just something that needs a lot of practice in order to get correct and to the point answers? Without pendulums or tarot all I’ve got is intuition alone. Is there a better way to get solid answers for those who cannot yet converse clearly with spirits?[/quote]

I regularly use a pendulum and receive information I consider credible and relatively accurate (but never place complete confidence in the results of it). However, I have found the following technique greatly aids in communicating to spirits with a pendulum. Use an alphabet board such as found on a Ouija board or just make one. I use one contained in Raymond Buckland’s book Solitary Seance where he describes the technique. Ask the spirit to spell out specific words or phrases. This gets you beyond the binary yes / no answers. I have even been able to successfully take this step one step further. Using the pendulum, ask the spirit to point to letters that it can use as mnemonics for words, ideas, and phrases. Note each letter given and then question the spirit about the meaning of the letter using the pendulum to indicate a correct or incorrect guess. Over time, you will see the same letters being used to convey the same meanings. But also keep context in mind. The letter O may mean outside in one context but in another context it may mean the word love. It takes a little time to get an understanding of the spirit’s lexicon but it is relatively easy. Try it so see if you find this approach more to your liking.

Sorry for necroposting, but I experienced the similar problem after some time since the start my work with pendulum (approx. 3 years ago). I was able to fight this don’t watching the pendulum at the divination. Probably could be helpful for someone. I almost fought the problems with pendulum, but then switched to Runes for the divination purposes.

When seeking contact via pendulum I use a consecrated Seal under the board. I place the board upside down, sideways or whatever.

Taro cards represent energies and the Taro is for deep, long timeline, spiritual issues. At most I do five cards inverted pentagram or seven cards Tree of Wyrd. The cards represent the energies present not the outcome. For the plebs divination predicts. For Magicians it advises.

The I Ching is the dirty street, here and now - with much shorter timelines. I’ve highly recommended it before and so did Aleister Crowley.

Al.