Lucifer's Sigil "Warning! Graphic Scarification Image Posted"

When I decided to wholeheartedly follow the Left Handed Path, I decided to have Lucifer’s sigil put on me. A placement just above my navel seemed appropriate. However, tattooing seemed a bit too mild for me, branding was too fast and painless, and simple scarification was almost hitting the mark but needed to be more intense of an experience. Therefore, I decided on scarification through “skin peeling.” Literally, Lucifer’s sigil is cut into the skin twice with two parallel lines and the skin between the slices is peeled away.

When the scarification artist found out what the sigil was about, he seemed a little worried. I smiled and told him not to worry. After it’s done, I’m sure I won’t grow fangs and growl at you. His reply was a nervous chuckle.

The photo posted is the appearance after the first day of the scarification procedure.

To enhance the appearance, the scarification is rubbed routinely with blood red tattoo ink. When healed, it should still have the appearance of raw flesh. While it was truly a intense experience lasting an hour and a half, it was worth it. I feel calmer and closer to Him now. At times it almost feels like he has his arm on my shoulder giving me a hug from time to time.

Not to burst your bubble, but that’s Lucifer’s sigil. Not Satan.

I checked a couple difference sources and there is confusion about it, but I’m pretty sure you’re right. Satan’s & Lucifer’s sigils couldn’t fit and I opted for the more elaborate one.

Then why did you consistently call it Satan’s sigil?

It’s late and me mind is a bit tired and slow. Never the less, thanks for catching my mistake. The corrections have just been made. Thanks again

Either way, its a bad ass move I think… That’s awesome!

That’s the Lucifer sigil.

Also I think your choice to do that was bad. You basically said do what you want to me spirit I don’t care.

Marking a sigil on your body is serious which is why people don’t do it often.

1. It’s dangerous and opens you to the spirits influence.
  2. Other spirits may not wish to work with you, but this is more tattoos then this I guess.
  3. If you haven’t built a meaningful and long term relationship with the spirit it does more harm then good.

[quote=“Mider2009, post:7, topic:4985”]That’s the Lucifer sigil.

Also I think your choice to do that was bad. You basically said do what you want to me spirit I don’t care.

Marking a sigil on your body is serious which is why people don’t do it often.

1. It’s dangerous and opens you to the spirits influence.
  2. Other spirits may not wish to work with you, but this is more tattoos then this I guess.
  3. If you haven’t built a meaningful and long term relationship with the spirit it does more harm then good.[/quote]

Thanks for your comments However, I beg to differ. I actually had the same sigil “tattooed” on me close to two years ago. During that time, many “good things” have happened and I even picked up a demonic mentor spirit to help guide me through my spiritual ascent. I have worked with both Lucifer and Satan. However, I’ve worked more with Satan. I’m quite comfortable with both of them. Thanks again for your comments.
Be well…

Spirit body-art doesn’t mean that at all, they’d only mean it if the pact that underlies them was left as foolishly open-ended.

It IS a big commitment and not one to take lightly but it’s not akin to branding yourself as property of the spirit, or anything like that.

Spirit body-art doesn’t mean that at all, they’d only mean it if the pact that underlies them was left as foolishly open-ended.

It IS a big commitment and not one to take lightly but it’s not akin to branding yourself as property of the spirit, or anything like that.[/quote]

Thanks for your comments Lady Eva. If this is a major blunder of worldly proportions, I will have to live and learn from this experience. I suppose others can learn from my experience too.

Lucifer is one of the spirits that magicians work with specifically because he is capable of calling any other spirit. I’m not sure what spirit would or could refuse to work with him. I’ve even had success calling and interrogating living people through him. But I guess there could be somebody out there, or maybe a walled-off current.

In the Solomonic tradition, Lucifer and Satan are ranked amongst the Chiefs immediately beneath the Emperor. I don’t think I’ve ever seen their names used interchangeably or seen any indication that they were ever considered synonymous outside fundamentalist religious circles. However, due to their nature, you can call one through the other, and any time you call one energy through another you get either a different version of the spirit called or a totally new and different character. I call them Easter Eggs.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comments. That’s one of the main reasons I have for working with Satan & Lucifer.

As I said in my comments

It’s only bad if you haven’t built a long term and meaningful relationship, :wink: I like to cover my ass.

I guess it depends on the spirits Eva, some spirits do not like working with other spirits.

I have been wanting some scarification. How was the cost?

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:14, topic:4985”]I have been wanting some scarification. How was the cost?

The scarification artist charged me $260 for the skin-peeling method. If I went for a simple scarification where the skin is simply sliced, the price would have been closer to two hundred. Do check out the artist’s background though. Unlike tattoos, scarification can’t be lasered off. The artist that I went to was amazing. He had an incredibly skillful hands that cut astoundingly evenly spaced cuts.

Scarification is clearly a lot more intense than tattooing, body piercing, or branding. The only thing more painful than skin peeling scarification is the insertion of silicone implants with out anesthetics.

The process of skin peeling is so intense that before the scarification artist agrees to work with you, to gauge your response to the procedure, he may first ask you about your previous body enhancement experience. In my case, since the artist saw that I had silicone implants, tried all male body piercings, had brandings, and already had both forearms covered with scarification designs; he simply said that this is going to be a walk in the park compared to what I was going to experience. He was right. It was intense but not too bad.

Did you do anything special with the removed skin afterwards? If that’s not too weird to ask. :slight_smile:

I’m not usually one for negativity or to deride anyone else’s spiritual or intellectual pursuits… But coming from my current frame of mind I have to point out that this is likely going to strike you has a very poor decision down the road if it has not already done so.

I’m not seeing any “insight” present in the reason for this self-mutilation. Congrats, a sub par body (Which by the way is something you could hope to fix) grotesquely scarified beyond repair (Which obviously you are now stuck with and have thus effectively dis-empowered yourself.)

Everyone involved with the occult I believe has to have the ability to disengage from any type of magical thinking just for the sake of intellectual honesty, it is vastly important to remember once in a while that we may be wrong about ALL of this shit, from our cute little buzzwords like “Source, TGS, Evocation” to Azazel, Belial, Satan or the existence of ANY primordial realm. If you can do that even occasionally than you can look at yourself in the mirror and think “Yup, I’m going to go traffic with my imaginary friends all day today, fuck the world.” while still retaining your decency has a human being with a brain knowing that you may well just be exercising forms of self-hypnosis and self help through seemingly irrational thinking. ( And of course remaining open to the possibilities that we may be RIGHT, and that we are actually incarnate divinities exactly has we have described on this site to ourselves and others countless times, experiencing as of yet unknown and untravelled realms and states of consciousness.)

I won’t pretend to have the answer, but I won’t be afraid to look at dumb shit like this and loudly state “Buddy, you sure don’t.”

Recommended Harvard reading level material for people interested in the existence and concomitant growth and relationship of magic, society, religion, and rationalism.

Magic, Science and Religion and the Scope of Rationality (Lewis Henry Morgan Lectures)
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Science-Religion-Rationality-Morgan-Lectures/dp/0521376319]Amazon.com

Balg is better (or maybe its really not) than some of the astoundingly stupid shit I see getting babbled about on here some times and not every post deserves support, respect, or contemplation. Some of it is just plainly stupid, worthy of Poet Maudit style derision.

If I mutilitated myself for a spirit, or in the memory of what I accomplished operating under a world view in which a certain spirit held empirical existence, you bet your ass I’d have a damn good physical manifestation to base that on like getting my Masters, seeing a relatives cancer disappear or some other worthy dedication of what the La Santisima Muerte cult would call a “skin offering.”

Perhaps it’s true that the Tao that can be named is not the Tao.

I’d encourage everyone to scrutinize long and hard about why they believe what they do, and to point out a clear red flag and manifestation of the type of thinking people like us tend to engage in going completely wrong and manifesting completely unproductively.

Did you do anything special with the removed skin afterwards? If that’s not too weird to ask. :)[/quote]
Nope, didn’t do anything special with the skin. But I am finding this discussion quite enlightening. I know from reading other threads that it does helps to be “thick skinned.” Many have told me so as did my scarification artist. Be forever well Lady Eva, it’s always a pleasure to hear your comments.

Out of idle curiosity, why not do the scarring yourself?

I’ve found that its quite satisfying and meditative. Slicing done fiber by fiber is extremely precise and a calligraphic effect can be achieved by spreading the cut open and packing with course sea salt. Gently removing the water softened scabbing and packing with more salt impedes/slows the healing process to leave a shiny smooth path. Its been 10 or so years and while the scars themselves have faded from purple with a magenta outline to shining white, they are still outlined in pink with thickness varying from 1mm - 4mm.

Then again, I suppose I just don’t trust other people to mutilate my flesh. If I’m responsible for my incarnation, then I’m also responsible for my pain; experiencing, adapting, assimilating, etc. Often, if the emotional pain is inaccessible (deliberately, or not depending on our acquired tools) then taking control by physically experiencing agony is preferable. Life is a hard path. We all use our reason to create some semblance of order from chaos.

My scars are a map of where I’ve been. They point to where I am going. And in the end, who gives a flying fuck but me, God, and whatever other entities I’ve invited to the electromagnetic feast? A scar is as permanent a reminder in this world of decay as is possible for a conscious mind. When my mind/reality/perception was coming apart and I started seeing this grand illusion for what it is, it was/is a comfort to have an anchor, a home. And since there is humanly nothing and no one who deserved the rage, hate, and sorrow, or who could even comprehend my rational/irrational mindspace, it is a perfectly logical symbolic medium to explain it. A sanctuary in a place of nightmares. :slight_smile: And a continual reminder that there IS a path; Lucifer blinds with the light intolerable for us mortal immortals.

Some people twisted by pain pray to God, intoxicants, or chocolate to take it away. Others take the pain and shape it themselves. Its all about circumstance and timing. And tonight, its chocolate, cannabis, and The Three Musketteers. Dumas is a genius.

It’s funny - there’s a saying it’s easy to hold an opinion or defend a belief until there’s some “skin in the game.”

I’m beginning to understand what that means here - threats (oft-repeated by major religions) of hellish outcomes for dabbling in magick or communing with spirits seem to whizz overhead for most of us, but peel back a little living raw flesh and suddenly it’s a game-changer!

Fascinating. :slight_smile:

1 Like