Lucifer

I have worked with the Grimorium Verum and read many theories about the identity of Lucifer, which include Hermes Chthonios, Hephaestus-Vulcan-TubalCain, and even Apollo (who is also identified with Mithra and Michael).

From the perspective of the Book of Azazel, where do these other spirits fit in to a pantheon, and what might be the identity of Lucifer?

[quote=“Student_of_Goetia, post:1, topic:549”]I have worked with the Grimorium Verum and read many theories about the identity of Lucifer, which include Hermes Chthonios, Hephaestus-Vulcan-TubalCain, and even Apollo (who is also identified with Mithra and Michael).

From the perspective of the Book of Azazel, where do these other spirits fit in to a pantheon, and what might be the identity of Lucifer?[/quote]

Who is Hermes? Who is Apollo? Hephaestus is Hephaestus, not Tubal-Cain. Lucifer is Lucifer. If you want to know who Lucifer is, evoke him, because that is he. Things don’t ‘fit’. The world is not ordered into some elegant scheme like the human mind would would have it, and least of all with demons. The cosmos is not a system. Why does Lucifer need to reduce to something else anyway?

For example, Tubal-Cain/Tuval-Qayin is directly related to Vulcan and Hephaestus.
Has anyone found a relation between Lucifer and these deities, or between Lucifer and Azazel?

No, he is not. That notion derives from Masonic nonsense and the claim of the young-earth creationist loon Henry M. Morris that the name Vulcan derives from Tubal-Cain. It has no philological, linguistic or archaeological basis.

I am finding that Lucifer is a shapeshifter and intertwins closely with Belial…who also shifts somewhat…their thoughts seem to operate at the same time on a subject and it is difficult to comprehend that process in the human element.

I find in many places now that Lucifer changes appearance. I will soon begin to work within this current and it feels way stronger than I am accustomed to…I was given the opportunity to sense it all night long two nights ago…and I can say it is very very potent.

Finding this in the Trident material by Mark A. Smith…

1 Like

I have been looking into this myself. The emerald and the east is what I go by and there are some very contradictory beings that fit the same part. I am wondering what would happen if you evoked these beings who in fact might just be wearing masks… Would the personalities conflict or would these mask make such a big difference that they would perceive themselves as separate?
BP

I was looking at a being last night…I am discovering the beings really have no form as we would know it. It appears like a ball of energy and your astral senses know which being it is…and if it is a being of bad feeling towards you, you will certainly know it …I have encountered this outside of our planet area in other realms…

So we are trying to describe something within our limited mental structure of factors that are far outside of ours…We cannot fit those beings into such a limited framework. We all have been sold a bill of goods from the damn religious bunch about the spirit world and it lurks in the back of our mind when we begin to try and deal with all of this.

And again, Lucifer…as such…is a vast shapeshifter as well as Belial…we need to learn how to adapt to them as best we can…doing this by calling them to evocation to the best visable creation our feeble minds can connect to. Actually, I believe I agree with Robert Bruce here…their purpose here is not to destroy us but to help or aid us in our spiritual evolution. If by some small cause, a person meets with destruction, it is because of failure to cross the abyss because our intentions were solely for our selfish motives (meaning the entire framework of our crossing into this work is wrong at this time meaning misplaced motives)…or we become too damn stupid in our approach and cannot be properly taught…all of this means we HAVE to find a balanced approach.

I realize my whole view will probably not meet with agreement with many…but I am not one that tries to be a joiner…I will walk my own path…to success…or to destruction. With me, it is all or nothing.

Also, I do not know what you mean by the emerald and the east…?

Maxx

Maxx,
I agree with you… I have simply found through my study that Lucifer and Raphael are the same. But I am wondering how many of these beings adopt different names and personages to allow them to do their task that they are here to do… I am starting to become under the impression that Angels and Demons are not different at all and that infact it might be the internal congruence not matching up with the external that causes these problems. But there is only one way to find out…
BP

Lucifer has a lot of knowledge on ascent. 'Nuff said from me on this topic, working with him can propel you far.