Lucifer

It is said that Lucifer is the only one to attain the ninth heaven. Is this related to the Ninth Gate movie?

I love that film.

I recommend you reading the book, it’s far better. It’s titled The Club Dumas, by Pérez-Reverte.

Also, anyone know what the 9 heavens are?

No, sorry, I never heard of them.

Also, anyone know what the 9 heavens are?

may be related to the angelic leves, every level is supossed to be closer to god, so in a sense are the 9 levels of heaven:

seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels and angels.

I could be completely wrong, it may be infor to make the movie/book more believeable or something that has nothing to do with both of my assumptions

Do you have a link to where you read this? Could help provide insight into what they meant.

I have a theory, no sure how sound it is. I’ve had it explained to me that Lucifer’s “fall” was the first conscious thought. By seperating himself with the union of god he became something independent, something that thought on an individual level instead of a “hive mind” kind of consciousness. So Lucifer would be he highest level of conscious thought before reuniting with source.

That’s just my take with nothing to go on, as Insaid if you have a reference or link it would be helpful in deciphering a clearer meaning.

[quote="-TWF-, post:7, topic:2009"]So Lucifer would be he highest level of conscious thought before reuniting with source.

That’s just my take with nothing to go on, as Insaid if you have a reference or link it would be helpful in deciphering a clearer meaning.[/quote]

That’s redolent of 2 seperate things, Stephen Flower’s stuff about the Set consciousness being the first state of individuated thought after the formless wotnot, and also, the stuff about the hermetic worldview of spheres between us and source, although the numbering a system varies somewhat: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/7bodies.html

But yeah, without more to go on, it’s hard to say.

As a personal thing, when i merged with the Source 1st time it seemed to me that any individuated state was LIKE a “fall” into limits, forms, qualities, seperation etc, but that’s just stuff from my head so might not be helpful, it ceased feeling exactly like that on subsequent experiences as well.

Yeah Eva, I had it explained sort of like the hermetic fashion but the spheres were more the qabalistic equivalents.

Well, I cannot find the site that this was written. Anyway, it states that lucifer was the first to ‘wake up’ or become aware of himself. Then when he was cast down, he came to himself and plotted to achieve his goal.
I saw some buddhist literature that states the ninth heaven is nirvana. Other religions talk of the seventh heaven being the highest.

Lucifer was one of the few angels who were allowed to stand in God’s presence.