Lost Ark

What do black magicians think of the game “Lost Ark”?

I played for a few weeks at a hardcore level with friends and oof… I reached the grind of getting more ilvl gear with dungeons and raids and I got bored. I even tried to get some fun with PvP but its already a top tier of classes that just works on PvP and the worst tier of just ‘don’t even try PvP’ classes, so the balance of the classes shatters.

I wanted to level some alters with the fast levelling thingy they gave you at some point of the campaign twice but just thinking of having to do the grind with each of them for the gear, daily quests, etc. Not worth the time, that part of the game is not fulfilling.

The visuals of the game are incredible, so flashy and the combat is so satisfying but after the first impression that feeling gets numb and the weight of the grind kicks in. A plus is the story line which at later point is locked after ilvl requirements so the grind feels heavier, the fun is conditioned and every ilvl wall demands more grind after the last one.

I really enjoyed the game with my friends until we found that at mid-late game of the first seasons in EU. We sometimes talk about giving it an other try but we are not heavy grinder gamers, we can commit some time here and there to games but not daily full hours for little fun feedback.