Looking for advise on these two tasks

ll first of all I’m working on getting my third eye opened. I’ve been doing the exercises RB stated on his web sight and the one EA has on his.

I have no problem doing them, I can sit and concentrate just fine, I think it’s just a good idea to have more techniques avalible.

second, and after I have my third eye opened, I was to gain a familar. nothing major, I’m looking simply for a companion at the time. maybe one who can advise me on things if I have questions etc

Look into practices that increase and sustain your energy level(s). Whether physical, pranic, etc. Various disciples like chi gong or some yoga paths would be my recommendation.

Keep doing the exercises in the meantime.

Also E.A.'s Omniscience or Divination course is focused directly in this area.

As for the familiar, my opinion is that in order to interact with it you’ll need a stable, usable 3rd eye to communicate with it sustainably and clearly, and that it wil be much easier to obtain one when you succeed with the first task.

Read Donald Tyson’s book Familiar Spirits. It shows you how to attract one. The pdf is available on the web.

[quote=“NariusV, post:2, topic:3435”]Look into practices that increase and sustain your energy level(s). Whether physical, pranic, etc. Various disciples like chi gong or some yoga paths would be my recommendation.

Keep doing the exercises in the meantime.

Also E.A.'s Omniscience or Divination course is focused directly in this area.

As for the familiar, my opinion is that in order to interact with it you’ll need a stable, usable 3rd eye to communicate with it sustainably and clearly, and that it wil be much easier to obtain one when you succeed with the first task.[/quote]

that’s actually what I am doing ATM. working my third eye first.

I’ve been using RB’s NEW energy circuit, the cull body one. my lower dan tien is just pulsing, in fact I can feel several of my energy centers pulsing when I do NEW. lower ones mainly root, navel, solar plexus, heart.

I’m not much of a ‘candles and incense’ person, not sure how much ‘ritual’ is involved in EA’s Divination book, other wise I’d buy it.

I’m not of a meditations, energy work.

I am sticking with the exercises, just wanted to see if I could get any more techquies as some of them get redundant after a while

Start moving that energy through your body.

Exercises like holding a thermometer and making the temp go up and down are a good way to start, giving quick feedback. Or the traditional Circulation of the Body of Light exercise you could find many variations of online.

One method that works for me as a shortcut to reroute energy into the mental sphere is to use the retsu mudra from nine cuts meditation. Specifically the method of pressing a specific pressure point on the side of one index finger.

Another thing you might try is to look at the systems the exercises you are doing were derived from and see where that leads you.

EDIT: The intention of my suggestions are in hopes to get you to the point where you can consciously direct the energy systems of your body. Once you can do that it’s simply a matter of time in experimenting with the intensity and different patterns of cycling the energy and observing the effects.

Another suggestion is to look at the different traditions definitions of energy. For example in yoga alone they list prana, apana, udana, apaya, vyana, etc. Then you have Reich’s orgone. Chi, Ki, Qi. Reiki. The list goes on. Each trad will have methods or raising, cultivating, using, the life force energy in different ways. Examining what has worked for others might provide a missing link.

does anyone know any other third eye opening exercises I can do?