Looking for a someone to hang with

Lately I’ve been missing being able to call up my friend and just talking and chilling out. Was wondering if any of you guys know a good spirit thats cool with just kinda talking and becoming close? Thank you, you beautiful bastards.

3 Likes

If you find the right balance, many will chat, the problem is they often want to be giving you bits of advice and whatever, trying to help since they can see so much more of things - still, Belial can be good company when mutually observing other people, I would imagine going to a bar with him invoked could be fun, I have also enjoyed summoning spirits to watch movies together, and enjoyed sharing our perceptions and comments.

Belial has a droll sense of humour about people and modern society, and that’s why he is particularly fun to spend time with.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’m curious, have you done much work with Egyptian spirits?

1 Like

Yes. lots.

1 Like

Imma try this! How funny!

4 Likes

Hmmm, I just had the urge to ask. Ive been super drawn to something about it and have been doing lots of reading and can’t place my finger on what exactly im looking for.

2 Likes

Work with Thoth/Dhjuty, he may be able to reveal this?

2 Likes

Thoth is the child of Isis and Horus right? I really like the story between Isis and horus.

His lore is quite well represented here, luckily this is a legitimate academic topic so Wikipedia pages on the Egyptian gods are a good starting point to find further details to research:

When you consider how these gods have stayed with us as information despite the fall and rise of cultures in the Nile valley, approaching them through pages like this makes a lot of sense as an opening tactic.

2 Likes

Just be prepared for the possibility of sleeping in a jail cell that night if you do, but don’t worry he’ll get you out and you’ll have some great stories to tell the kids. :metal: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You are one hell of a good admin😁.
Is there a separate magick system for Egyptian workings? To perhaps make an evocation more special and potent?

1 Like

The use of idols representing the gods was one of their key focal points, images are found in the home shrines and graves of ordinary people, as much as in temples and palaces.

They were represented in very specific and traditional ways for many centuries, the Egyptians had, not world-class, galactic-class OCD about retaining specific laws for the way you could represent persons, gods, and objects, which is why their art’s so distinctive and although there was a slight drift towards naturalistic representation, the underlying rules remained, we’ve gone through the Industrial Revolution, age of steam, age of science, radio, television, internet, so fast and are used to constant change in our reaility and the symbolism that defines it, and yet they retained their symbolism for millenia.

Make sure to begin using the traditional images, if you have to print them out that should be fine because they loved formalised art and would no doubt have enjoyed the idea that one really amazing image could be reproduced endlessly without deviation. If you have the art skills to trace them and then colour them yourself as a centrepiece for a shrine, that’s great, but a good quality print will be plenty to begin with. :thumbsup:

So begin by using a traditional image like the one on His Wikipedia page, that way you will contact a very traditional and stable mask of this amazing god, offer a flame (tealight or candle), some water (and wine or beer if you have them) and also flowers if possible, but water and fire will open the first contact very nicely.

Read lots about the culture, there’s so much online these days, try to understand how he was honoured by the scribes and ordinary people who called on him before.

Oh and be polite verging on formal, wear smart clothes, treat this like meeting a very powerful world leader you respect and admire, and want to make a good impression with (because that’s actually what he is, once again).

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to wait until im alone first, which I suppose is a good time to start forming a connection. One more thing, isnt Kek an Egyptian deity? Ive been trying to figure this whole Kek and Moloch thing out.

1 Like

I remember hearing somewhere he was self created.

YES - KEK was an old god when the culture we know of came into being. Do you hang out on a certain Mongolian knitting forum at all? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are referring to /pol/ then yes but its been awhile, if you are referring to a literal knitting forum then nope☹

1 Like

lol yeah that’s the one! :smiley:

If you’ve ever been on a thread where he’s present, it’s an amazing thing to see, and then scry into the screen.

I would never have thought such a thing would be possible… anyway I’ll PM you. :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome, this is some wacky/scarry/awesome stuff.

1 Like