Looking for a mentor

@Fon_Judith click or tap this picture which shows you where the New Topic button is, and that will take you to the right section. :+1:

new-topic

1 Like

Hey even i am a new here and idk from where i found this website. As i said i am the most unaware person right now on this site but also the most curious one. Can you help me out ?

Welcome @Phoenix50. Please properly introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

Well, there are many who are helpful on this forum. What sort of information are you looking for at this point in your life?

I found this. And read it, and article, Thank you. I hope it is semi obvious that despite my generation I do know how to learn on my own. And I am curious, and I do put a lot of efforts and weight on knowledge, and self educationā€¦ I think that article is right to some degreeā€¦ Itā€™s a rabbit hole Alice. And easy to get lost. A mentor helps you stay focused and points you in the right directions when your goals are on time crunchesā€¦ I am on one. I donā€™t think Iā€™m all important, but I do recognize that people choose thier positions based on thier personality and individual goals. I also know that this means they want us to come to them, and we can trust they have an interest in assisting us. I find it ironic that it never occurred to me before (with everything I just stated) they thought it completely rude to not introduce ourselves, and/or see it as entitlement on our partsā€¦ I always assumed it was flattering to turn to a teacher because, you know, they are a teacher; and say ā€œteach me.ā€ The assumption of an unspoken dedication and appointment. The fullfillment of purpose and acceptance of such purposesā€¦ Youā€™re a teacher. You teach. Iā€™m nobody, I learn. And who I am, my standing, my name, my originā€¦ Means nothing, because not leaving Ego and ID at the door; as eastern philosophy so states, is like filling a full vessel. I am not here to be me, because all that encompasses I AM is not sufficient, so I AM here to learn. Hence I have no title, no ranking, and my past is not important, as here, it doesnā€™t serve me. What serves me is my teacher and the abandonment of self. Thank you for the forum and your patience. :blush: