Looking for a mentor

Wonderful article Lady Eva. This quote is priceless:

Facts alone, like recipe rituals, have no place in magic. The Mysteries cannot be accessed like fast food, they are powerful, deep and ancient dynamics that take a lifetime to grow within an individual. There will always be those who simply wish a spell for this or that, or a glittery pedestal to stand upon, or a magical fashion accessory.

5 Likes

I am Eliza Maxfield I am new to all of this

In order to teach you must first learn. I could take on an apprentice but…most of what you will find is in members resources dont forget to say hello in member introductions to the forum

I will take you up on that I am going to do some studying today and make notes for future reference

Hey I’m just a curious mind with alot of talent. I know I belong here. My goals are to sale my music, poetry, books. Keep my family happy and travel the world.

1 Like

@Nathan_Tidwell Please post an introduction in the Intro thread and tell us about yourself. It is a rule of this forum. Just click the link below:

That’s the problem with complex system of spirituality like occult, which is also kept secret for some weird fucking reason. Getting good guidance is not easy.

That’s why middle path spirituality is better in many ways. It operates on some basic sutras / formulas and success, attaining divinity depends on how much can a practioner/seeker can incorporate it into one’s like. Goes without saying they are open to everyone. In fact it is handed to you by missionaries, monks almost by force.

A post was split to a new topic: Intro & Looking For A Mentor Please?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Intro & Seeking A Mentor

Hello guys,I am new here, and also new to magick. I’m 21 years old I live in Africa, I got into a serious problem: I used some bleaching creams which made me very ugly, i have tried all the dematologies in my city to no avail, so I was wondering if I could ask Marbas for help, or what do I do? I’m really depressed

Try calling on Hathor, goddess of beauty and joy to help you restore your skin, if you also work with Marbas there should not be any conflict.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Fon_Judith. Please take a moment to post an introduction in our New Magician and Introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

Hello Darkest Knight, I have been trying to do that, but I do not understand how to, I don’t know where exactly to type my infos, please I need help!

Thanks Lady_ Eva, but how will I do that, and does she come to you physically And give instant healing or you see results over time?

If you click on “Become A Living God” at the top of the screen, it will return you to the entry screen. There you will see a button labelled “all categories.” Click on it and a drop down menu will appear. The “New Magician” section is the third on the menu. Click on it, and then hit the large grey button on the right that says “New Topic.”

1 Like

@Fon_Judith click or tap this picture which shows you where the New Topic button is, and that will take you to the right section. :+1:

new-topic

1 Like

Hey even i am a new here and idk from where i found this website. As i said i am the most unaware person right now on this site but also the most curious one. Can you help me out ?

Welcome @Phoenix50. Please properly introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

Well, there are many who are helpful on this forum. What sort of information are you looking for at this point in your life?

I found this. And read it, and article, Thank you. I hope it is semi obvious that despite my generation I do know how to learn on my own. And I am curious, and I do put a lot of efforts and weight on knowledge, and self education… I think that article is right to some degree… It’s a rabbit hole Alice. And easy to get lost. A mentor helps you stay focused and points you in the right directions when your goals are on time crunches… I am on one. I don’t think I’m all important, but I do recognize that people choose thier positions based on thier personality and individual goals. I also know that this means they want us to come to them, and we can trust they have an interest in assisting us. I find it ironic that it never occurred to me before (with everything I just stated) they thought it completely rude to not introduce ourselves, and/or see it as entitlement on our parts… I always assumed it was flattering to turn to a teacher because, you know, they are a teacher; and say “teach me.” The assumption of an unspoken dedication and appointment. The fullfillment of purpose and acceptance of such purposes… You’re a teacher. You teach. I’m nobody, I learn. And who I am, my standing, my name, my origin… Means nothing, because not leaving Ego and ID at the door; as eastern philosophy so states, is like filling a full vessel. I am not here to be me, because all that encompasses I AM is not sufficient, so I AM here to learn. Hence I have no title, no ranking, and my past is not important, as here, it doesn’t serve me. What serves me is my teacher and the abandonment of self. Thank you for the forum and your patience. :blush: