Link yourself with wooden figure

Ive gotten a wooden human figure, one of those posable art ones. I intend to link it to myself, using perhaps a sigil accompanied with a ritual of my own design. It will stay in my home where its safe and no one else wood (ha) have access to it.
Have any of you done something similar? Do you have any ideas or advice on other methods to strengthen the link?

2 Likes

What would be the purpose?

A few different things. Chiefly as more powerful symbolism when doing workings for/with the self. Visual aid. Protective purposes. I’m sure more ideas will come to me, its something that sparked my interest and I feel I can be very creative with.

1 Like

What happens if it’s ruined? Or destroyed? It’s not like with voodoo dolls is it?

2 Likes

Ive considered that, and of course I’ll take measures to prolong its integrity and keep it safe. I also intend to have the link be severed in the event of its destruction, whether by me or by other causes.

1 Like

In the Falxifer books, there is a ritual to use a wooden doll as a sort of dummy that absorbs negative energy intended to harm you. It’s like a decoy.

4 Likes

Interesting, I might make another one later solely for that purpose, thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’m doing something pretty similar with a jar, and clay figure. I use it for my ascent, and changing aspects of myself. @FraterMagni has the right idea also… which is why I used a clay figure. To absorb the negative, while the jar has the aspects I wish to bring into myself. In about a week to a month I’ll sacrifice the clay figure to a god. I haven’t decided which god yet… but probably one that’s been helping me. Wish you the best on your ascent @statuenation

2 Likes

Clay would be much better and easier to work with. I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing for some time. I’ve got some enemies here and there who work the arts.

2 Likes

Yeah go for it. I stared mine on witch’s night, and created a servitor looking just like me for protection. I ended up scattering the body parts in locations I’m often at. I keep the main body for other rituals or spells. It acts like a decoy. I just use regular cheap clay. I also plan on piling up the parts and sacrificing it with a paper petition as a body. In order to continue the level of potency, I will resurrect the limps with some of the ash from the former parts, mix with new clay, then repeat the sacrifice when needed.
I’m enjoying the results so far… hoping this can help inspire

1 Like

Thanks for the replies! As far as why I’m not using clay, I don’t necessarily want this particular doll to be absorb anything. I intend to use it more with physical components of spells/rituals, like combining it with physical circles, stones, tarot, sigils, candles, etc.
Y’all have given me ideas to create another that is of clay solely for that purpose (decoy, absorbing negative energy etc). This one though is less for that and more for its symbolism and place in my self rituals.
I’m now also considering a third, one of clay that is meant to absorb only what I put into it. An example being embuing it with the fire element when I’m going to need the attributes of that element, or air or a combination.

1 Like

It arrived yesterday, Ive been waiting to start it for the full moon, which I believe here is tomorrow night.

1 Like