Lilith

Tonight I will try and evoke Lilith for the first time. Which direction is best suited to her?

5 Likes

I do not know, but love is generally her thing.

She’s also known as a child killer and such.

1 Like

What do you mean by direction ?

1 Like

I use South as a default direction and that is where I faced when I evoked her. I had no problems.

3 Likes

entities connected to air is usually invoked/evoked from east, entities from earth is invoked/evoked to the north (thinking of elementals)

2 Likes

Ah I see, interesting to know

This is of course when invoking/evoking elementals and therefore I had to ask

I never really use direction when performing rituals. Although I’m usually fairly open to people doing what they feel is best, I’d say placing this much emphasis on ritual could have a negative impact on your development as a sorcerer.
If you feel it’s necessary now, go ahead but Id advise you try move away from such heavy emphasis on rituals

2 Likes

She’s actually one them god’s that kinda all directions lol She’s assosiated with Fire, Earth, Air, Water & Spirit LOL. Just cast your circle direction and elements then call her to enter. It’s fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been told that the child killer thing is a metaphor. In the past women were just expected to have children and conform to their traditional roles within society. Lilith was against it. I’m not going all feminist on you guys but that’s how I interpret it. I think Lilith’s form of logical feminism relies on choice (“if you want to have a family, great. But you don’t have to.” Essentially what it boils down to) whereas today’s third wave feminism is just rabid and illogical, and unnecessary. That is at least my interpretation of the child killer myth which is shared by other magicians I’ve spoken to in the net.

6 Likes

Having known Lilith for a while, I can vouch for that. She is willing to help out women who aren’t satisfied with their role in society.
I’d say it’s less straight up feminism and more sympathy towards mildly feminist women

2 Likes

The Death of the child part of lilith is complicated, its more she was the first breath and last breath they would take, depending on which mythology. If were talking Lamashtu, she is goddess of fate, she will come for you man, woman or child. If were talking Laylah or Zah’ril Lilith she is angel of conception and protector of children, but she’s is also the collector of children when they die. If We are talking about Lilith Queen of Sheol, she takes on the the responsibilities of Ereshkigal, along with Samael as her version of Nergal as rulers of the underworld and all must past her gates.

7 Likes

Just call her. Most of the times I just do it while sitting on my kitchen table. When I’m standing I’ll face the way that I feel the spirit is coming from.

2 Likes

You face in the direction of the Red Sea.

1 Like

Last night I tried to evoke Lilith and the night before, after my incantation when I was done I start to feel horny and a erection coming on, feeling aroused… Any thoughts on this?

1 Like

No.

5 Likes

Well that was the most educated answer today ^^

8 Likes

It’s like trying to understand your bodily functions at puberty, when asking for thoughts on getting aroused and a boner by a breeze between your legs.

It’s a common Lilith reaction. What happens after that, is of importance, though.

3 Likes

Both time after, both nights after my incantation I felt that, and Im not the one usually getting aroused from nowhere just by sitting still and speaking, I have more control over my indriyas than that my good sir. I know the feeling is conncented to Lilith and calling her, why I asked if anyone got any thoughts on it is kinda obvious, yes? I want to know if anyone have had the same or similar experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No.