Liber Obsidian Obscura & Infernal Path...?

Greetings to All,

Does anyone own or has anyone read these books by A.W. Dray:

–Liber Obsidian Obscura

–The Infernal Path

Just trying to get a feel for what these books have to offer and how they compare with other LHP material thats out there.

3 Likes

The Infernal Path and Liber Obsidian Obscura contain the teachings of the Order of the Voltec. This Order’s teachings are based off of many things including: Castaneda, Kenneth Grant, Aleister Crowley and Peter Carroll. The main goal of the Order of the Voltec is the solidification and strengthening of an energy body through acts of Dreaming and Stalking so that upon death, the consciousness is transferred over to the Inorganic Body thus achieving true immortality.

I would recommend you get the book The Backwards Way if you’re interested in the Order of the Voltec and it can be found on Lulu.com.

3 Likes
is the solidification and strengthening of an energy body through acts of Dreaming and Stalking so that upon death, the consciousness is transferred over to the Inorganic Body thus achieving true immortality.
and then ? to enter another body or remain a phantom?

“and then ? to enter another body or remain a phantom?”

Oh my… Yes, you can enter another body in forced possession or through a fetus. You could also live in the other world, in a literal fashion.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your input on the matter. I’ll look into the book you recommended “The Backwards Way”.

If you haven’t found it:

[url=http://www.lulu.com/shop/iremoch-wendigo/the-backwards-way/paperback/product-2915764.html]http://www.lulu.com/shop/iremoch-wendigo/the-backwards-way/paperback/product-2915764.html[/url]

2 Likes

[quote=“WrithingParasite, post:4, topic:1276”]“and then ? to enter another body or remain a phantom?”

Oh my… Yes, you can enter another body in forced possession or through a fetus. You could also live in the other world, in a literal fashion.[/quote]

in other physical worlds, or as another form altogether ?

is memory retained, or lost if one reenters through a fetus?

I have read about this in Vampiric Initiation by Vampire Regeneration

I would like to be able to do this now,
to enter for example the body of a wolf etc

I own both Texts. I concur with WP too. The LuLu text is a steal for the price…elsewhere people sell this for foolish amounts

2 Likes

I know I have a LONG way to go, but, I’ve been thinking of that concept of leaving this current incarnation well BEFORE it breaks down & rots away and highjacking another human-body. I really don"t like the idea of "dying’ and then forgetting everything I’ve accomplished and attained along The Path.

I’m sure this IS VERY possible. Authors from Peter J. Carrol “The Red Rite” to Sorceress Cagliastro talk about this.

1 Like

[quote=“Mode_439, post:9, topic:1276”]I know I have a LONG way to go, but, I’ve been thinking of that concept of leaving this current incarnation well BEFORE it breaks down & rots away and highjacking another human-body. I really don"t like the idea of "dying’ and then forgetting everything I’ve accomplished and attained along The Path.

I’m sure this IS VERY possible. Authors from Peter J. Carrol “The Red Rite” to Sorceress Cagliastro talk about this.[/quote]

Oh! I forgot to tell you all what I was elaborating on…lol…

The ability to transfer ones consciousness…

1 Like

“…Sorceress Cagliastro talk about this.”

You have a source on that? I’d be very interested in reading that.

1 Like

If you look hard enough you can find a pdf of it online. It’s essentially a vampyric black magician writing his grimoire based on his foundation in Carlos Castanedas’ work and that sort of thinking. The Art of Dreaming is quoted almost in its entirety in the book. First he tells you to start being nocturnal and rearranging your life so you can sleep during the day, then basically it walks you through the ‘gates’ of dreaming with the perspectives of a vampyric magician. After the basics about the shadow and building your energy double and whatnot he gets into a pretty deep interpretation of his echo of the qabalistic Tree of Life, the Tree of Night, I’d say a background of understanding qabalah would allow you to weild much more fruit from that later parts of the book. Nox Infernus is less about dreaming and the astral plane and how ‘there is no reality’ (one of the most important points of any chaos magick influenced text) and more about being a black magician. Personally I enjoyed Nox Infernus more because it seemed to have a little more readily digestible meat, whereas Liber Obsidian Obscura first talks about all this progress the average person still has to make in dreaming and the energy double, and then gets into super deep ‘study for a lifetime’ type reality mapping with the Tree of Night… I rather liked them both.

You might not see it at first, but they’re both honestly extensions of Liber Null and Psychonaut… at least in my opinion. They’re more in depth of course and they have a more ‘vampyric’ flavour (although Liber Null is clearly a black magician’s book).

I liked his thoughts on the shadow double in Nox Infernus quite a bit.

Honestly if you read Liber Null and Psychonaut and really took it seriously and started keeping a dream journal and meditating regularly and really vibed with the black magician identity that it vibes, then you’ll eventually get to everything in these books on your own.

EDIT: Oh and to be clear i was talking about Nox infernus because I consider that the companion to LOO, I haven’t read The infernal Path.

3 Likes

[quote=“WrithingParasite, post:11, topic:1276”]"…Sorceress Cagliastro talk about this."

You have a source on that? I’d be very interested in reading that.[/quote]

It’s in her BSB vol #1. Blood Sorcery Bible vol# 1. Epic material…poor editing. If she can only get her editing together…ahhh.

No Infernus is one of my nexttext investments.

1 Like

“It’s in her BSB vol #1. Blood Sorcery Bible vol# 1. Epic material…poor editing. If she can only get her editing together…ahhh.”

Really? I read that cover to cover and I didn’t see it… Time to re-read! I honestly didn’t notice any major editing problems, maybe I was just too into the book…

“EDIT: Oh and to be clear i was talking about Nox infernus because I consider that the companion to LOO, I haven’t read The infernal Path.”

Well that’s because it is. It was supposed to be the sequel to Liber Obsidian Obscura. LOO was the philosophy of the Order of the Voltec along with some of the booklets of the Order that were only 30 were printed. Nox Infernus was the work of the fourth degree of the Order of the Voltec on the House of Yith.

To be honest, I would recommend the people here go to the yahoo group. They used to have a website but I don’t know what happened. There are no fees to join either, just continued effort.

[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/order_of_the_voltec/]Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

As a final note, the creators of the group are very kind, so don’t be hesitant to ask questions.

1 Like

Dear WP,

Yes in Cagliastro’s books a LOT of misspellings and poor structure. Especially when compared to other Occult or just plain 'ole other books.

The section you are looking for is in the last 4th of the book. She discusses high-jacking a fetus and also transferring consciousness at the moment of death into another body etc…you know…fun stuffffff:)

I would give you the page number, but my copy is packed up, still in the fucking hideous evil process of moving (fuck…curses).

thanks for the group address!!

M

1 Like

I concur with this. The Voltec have much to offer within the realm of true LHP Sorcery. I am a practitioner of open handed sorcery and prefer to work with minimal “props”. If this is of your interest it would be worth your time to explore them. Like said, no cost. Just focus, desire and intent. The rest will come after these qualities.

Dark Blessings

Potestas

[quote=“WrithingParasite, post:14, topic:1276”]“It’s in her BSB vol #1. Blood Sorcery Bible vol# 1. Epic material…poor editing. If she can only get her editing together…ahhh.”

Really? I read that cover to cover and I didn’t see it… Time to re-read! I honestly didn’t notice any major editing problems, maybe I was just too into the book…

“EDIT: Oh and to be clear i was talking about Nox infernus because I consider that the companion to LOO, I haven’t read The infernal Path.”

Well that’s because it is. It was supposed to be the sequel to Liber Obsidian Obscura. LOO was the philosophy of the Order of the Voltec along with some of the booklets of the Order that were only 30 were printed. Nox Infernus was the work of the fourth degree of the Order of the Voltec on the House of Yith.

To be honest, I would recommend the people here go to the yahoo group. They used to have a website but I don’t know what happened. There are no fees to join either, just continued effort.

[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/order_of_the_voltec/]Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

As a final note, the creators of the group are very kind, so don’t be hesitant to ask questions.[/quote]

3 Likes

One of the more recent books by Alexander Dray “Book of Black Amber” is a very worthwhile read for those drawn to a Shamanic methodology of Qlippothic Sorcery.

Tower of Belial is a worthwhile time also for Qlippothic work by the same author.

Dark Blessings

3 Likes

Ive read them both, theyre okay but kinda just an attempt at Nagual based on Castanedas work. Everyone and their dog are a fucking Nagua now that castaneda published his books on the subject. Even though Real Nagual lineages are very well alive and active to this day, and none of these self proclaimed have anything to do with them. Or can even pronounce Nagual correctly without having to research it lol

Anyway one can join the OV right now? The yahoo group seems pretty dead.
Besides the books, how can I know more?

Thank you

they have suspended accepting new memberships at this time …