Lesser banishing ritual before evoking Lucifer?

Hey everyone!

I am going to perform my second evocation of Lucifer. I do have a universal circle. Would I still need to do a banishing ritual before evoking lucifer? What do banishing rituals do exactly? What’s their purpose?

5 Likes

A banishing ritual simply clears the area of all energies that might interfere with the evocation, and sets up a circle with guardians at the cardinal points to prevent anything/anyone from trying to get back in, that’s all. It neither binds nor constrains the spirit you are calling, so it is not disrespectful in any way.

Think of it like cleaning your house before inviting a guest over. You are simply clearing out the every day junk from the area so that only the energy of Lucifer (or whatever spirit you are calling) will be present.

Edit to add: When I had a beastie trying to get through my shielding, I did a banishing ritual prior to any evocations to keep it from interfering and the demons I was calling had no problems with it.

8 Likes

I see, makes perfect sense. Thank you

Can you please explain how to do a banishing ritual?

3 Likes

I’ve asked Lucifer if he would be offended when something slipt through to do a banishing. He said no of course not. He even encourages grounding and banishing. You can even ask him to take negative energies that may slip through with him :blush:

8 Likes

There are a great many banishing rituals to choose from. Google is your friend, in this case. Pick one and learn it.

They all do four things: channel power of some kind, use that power to force out energies and entities you do not want, set a boundary, and enforce that boundary with guardian entities of choice. This is usually done through visualization and feeling the energies you are manipulating.

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is considered to be the gold standard, and for that reason it is the first ritual a student is taught within the Golden Dawn system, and traditionally the student would have to practice it daily for a year before being taught anything else.

So, step 1 is: call down the power. In the LBRP, this is done through the Middle Pillar Ritual.

Step 2: Once you are filled with that power, push it out of you and visualize it forcing out all energies and entities with it.

Step 3 : Once you have cleared the area as far as you want (it can be as far as the walls of your room or to the ends of the universe), you mark the boundary by pointing to where you want to set the circle, and pivoting, visualizing a beam of energy from your finger, sealing the circle against intrusion. You can call upon a Higher Power to do this if you wish, like “I seal this circle in the name of the invincible goddess Hecate, that it be a shield and protection to me.” Or you can seal it with your own authority.

Step 4: You visualize guardians at the cardinal points of your circle. In the LBRP, these are the four archangels, but you can use whatever guardians you prefer. Some use the demonic Gatekeepers, and still others use naked elemental goddesses. It all depends on the ritual you are using and your preference.

Step 5: Once the guardians are set, stand in the middle of your circle and feel the power of your boundary around you, and know that you are protected. Then proceed with your evocation.

It is important to note, that the spirit you are evoking is being invited within your circle, so the boundary set is to keep things out but it does not protect you against what you invite within.

9 Likes

Personally, I have been using the Star Ruby from Thelema.
For some reason the LBRP never set well with me, I’m still not quite sure why.

1 Like

I don’t use the LBRP. I was simply describing the basic makeup of all banishing rituals for the OP and he mentioned it.

I use a Hecate banishing ritual from Jason Miller’s books in my own work.

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight - Oooh, is that what that is, cool, thanks for that handy explanation.

Coming to the LHP from other more routes as I do, I’m still using the tools I learned with those. It’s really interesting to see how much overlap there is.

I pretty much do steps 1 and 2 every now and then for my whole house as a hygiene thing, when I feel it needs it, and reinforce the shield I set up, thought that’s more for geomantic energies than anything. I do qi cultivation for power, and white or golden light from my middle dan tian that flushes out any corners of lower vibrations for step 2. Because my house is already cleared, and/or I journey out to do my workings, I don’t get formal with it unless I want to leverage the psychodrama.

If I want to form an actual circle I do call in the 7 directions: the 4 Winds of each of the compass points, sky, earth and center. I almost always do this in my astral grove, less so in a physical circle inside, and always outside - outside in nature feels very crowded to me and not always friendly, that’s why.

2 Likes

Platonic solids are ideal,for evocation

The forum has many banishing rituals to choose from. Pick the one you personally like the most.

4 Likes

This is all guided so easy to follow the first time.

KOF banishing incantations:

Say the KOF banashing incantations 3 times

Ashtu malku ta dat arkata Sastus seckz altamu partu Iretempal krez ta felta Vaskalla regent met senturus Ta sastrus estos melta Kelta, kelta, ketla hine.

Grounding (very important for good communication and trance also) and banishing.

2 Likes

I love this meditation and have used it has part of the banishing ritual. It has allowed me to get better results.

1 Like

Cool, because I have to evoke him. I will try it :slight_smile:

This the one that I do.

I also use sage after wards and any small negativity feelings are gone after wards.

2 Likes