Legal shamanic drinks in the US

Drink mixtures to help reach the spirit world… I was thinking something with mugwort, but I want a little more umph! Any advice?

3 Likes

Check whether it’s traditional absinthe though. The true stuff is illegal in Australia because of the hallucinogenic compounds in it but you can get absinthe without that component.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s correct. Absinthe - with thujone - has long been available in Australia. The hallucinogenic effects came from metal poisoning, not wormwood. I’ve got shamelessly physically drunk, but retained razor sharp mind using Absinthe. Avoid Green Fairy. Doubs is very good, as is Mr Jekyll.

Al.

3 Likes

Only what I was told by a guy I know who is 3rd generation publican. So could be wrong but I trust him where alcohol is concerned.

1 Like

Tobacco, particularly Nicotiana rustica, is popular with Shamans. N.rustica will lift your head clean off. One drag and you’re gone.

Al.

4 Likes

:thinking: Thank you!

Try edibles if you’re in an area that allows marijuana or just plain marijuana. Mystics in India have used it for thousands of years.

3 Likes

I second this. Like I explained to you, @Serpent, ive had some crazy experiences with pot

3 Likes

Oh yeah it does. You can find this occasionally if you know someone on a reservation here in the states. Their ganja is ridiculous too; we’re talking ancient land strains.

1 Like

Mugwort will not really help in that department, just increase your mental/psychic faculties. The odor and taste of mugwort creates stimulation in certain areas of the brain. It is good for meditation, but it sounds like you are trying to have a bit more of an intense experience.

I would go with morning glory seeds for a milder experience. It can induce an experience, but it will still leave you with enough mental faculties left to function in the real world. Salvia divinorum, ahuasca, psilocybin cubensis, etc all can work, but they are considerably more potent and in my opinion leave you too fucked up to make sense of the experience. I personally cannot do ritual on anything like that.

With the morning glory seeds you will want to get heirloom seeds from outside the US. US seeds are GMO’s and for some reason their potency as an entheogen is nullified; they just don’t work. I got mine from Mexico when I experimented and had good results. You will get the best results if you crush them first and take them on a mostly empty stomach. They taste like shit and the texture is awful, so pounding them down with a bit of water or mixing them in something like apple sauce is a good delivery method. 150-200 seeds is a good dose to start with and assess. The worst side effect I ever had was a slight stomach cramp and gas, which when compared to mushrooms was nothing. Don’t heat them up first; you are going to want to let your body heat warm it naturally. For some reason this works better.

If you are looking for something harder I really don’t know about legal. You could live dangerously and try hen bane or something of that ilk, but I really don’t recommend that approach. You can poison yourself or even die from a reaction. If the lunatics in California get their way you might be able to use mushrooms legally there soon, lol.

3 Likes

Amanita Muscaria is legal in the US and is a very potent entheogen (I’ve had experiences ranging from telepathy to spirit evocation on them). Some get nausea from it but I’ve always preferred it to the more popular Psilocybin-containing mushrooms. Taking it before sleep will induce spiritual visions while in a lucid dreaming type state.

2 Likes

Might wanna check out Ambrosia societys free pdf if you go this route. And make 100% sure its Amanita Muscaria you’ve got and not for example pantheria. Also they’re apparently illegal in louisiana.

3 Likes

Ah, you’re right… Guess they passed a bill making possession of them “for human consumption” in Louisiana illegal in 2005. :roll_eyes: But yeah, watch out for lookalikes such as Pantherina: unless you’re experienced, I would avoid picking them yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Do you know any sites that sell good quality seeds?

1 Like

Absinthe just made me feel incredibly witty, see clear movement out of the corners of my eyes, and made me feel like I was fully possessing myself, as if I wasn’t really doing so the rest of the time.

I had a brand called La Boheme shipped in from the Czech Republic, their lower alcohol, higher thujone “Innocent” sub-brand…and a Swiss version called Kubler (two dots over the U). The brands that are easily available in the USA since they recently legalized it’s sale, suck.

1 Like

Honestly it’s been over a decade; I have no idea where I got them. Lately I have been getting the herbs that I don’t grow personally from Schmerbals.com; their exotic plants are great and the poppy seeds are not washed, so you can use them for ‘reasons’. Hint: most anything on the site that has a base price of $4.20 is psychoactive in some capacity. I like the dream herb they sell too, but the tea tastes horrid.

2 Likes

Also, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds contain lysergic compounds similar to morning glory seeds, with the added benefit that the effective dose of the former is in the one to ten seed range rather the hundreds necessary for morning glories so you don’t have to ingest as much plant material to get a similar effect.

2 Likes

Any good suppliers for it?

I know a company that will sell you Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. I don’t know if they are coated or not. I bought some from them once and grew plants. They are vigorous vines with sort of heart-shaped leaves that are relatively easy to grow and hardy as long as you keep them warm (above 50 F). Mine never made flowers or seeds though (may require more sustained warmth for that).

I have no business arrangements with them, but I don’t know if it counts as promotion or not to tell you publicly.

I can vouch for the effectiveness of this as well. I’ve had at least two life-changing experiences meditating after smoking that I’m still trying to put into understandable words.

3 Likes