Leaving candle on after evocation?

Hey,

I’m in the middle of evoking several entities in a day long ritual, using a dressed and ingraved candle I used to burn sigils and an offering (so a candle with a big significance). This is the first ritual I’ve constructed that’s this elaborate, so my question is: after finishing, would snuffing the candle out when I’m done with it affect the request I made to said entities, or be considered disrespectfull?

My gut tells me to let the candle burn as long as I can too release as much energy I put in these rituals out in the universe. What do you think?

Peace :slight_smile:

I’ve never been told that it was disrespectful to extinguish candles afterwards by any entities. I’d say that whether you should let it keep burning or not will all depend on the situation. Listen to your intuition, and if you have a gut feeling you should leave it burning then follow that. Otherwise, after evocation I usually extinguish the candle and the incense. I don’t blow it out though, I use a snuffer or my fingertips on the candle. For spell work I always let the candle keep burning to release the energy fully.

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I left the candle burning out fully and it felt like the good thing to do.

1 Like