Language during evocation

Hello everyone,

During many years that I’ve been with magic I’ve never found a correct answer for this question, so I ask you.

So I’m German, but spells and ofc all online material and spell descriptions are in English.

Luckily I’m well with speaking English so it’s okay for me, but sometimes I feel like transferring emotions with the “speech” it’s easier if you use your native language. So that’s what I’m asking, does anyone evoking with non English native language?

And for spells where there is a given text to read out loud, do you translate it? Or on those you just simply read it?

Thanks

1 Like

It’s recommend to use your native language. Intention is everything. So, whatever help you connect and set that intention the strongest, is ideal.

And for spells where there is a given text to read out loud, do you translate it? Or on those you just simply read it?

I actually leave it in the original language, but my experience for this comes from Taoist Chinese material. I think if it was Goetic material, I could translate it to any other western language and it would be fine.

2 Likes

The general rule is to speak all spells in your native language, except for any words of power, which need to be left as they are (for example, the Hebrew in the LBRP).

3 Likes

So for example, during an evocation, besides the enn chanting you can use your native language

Yes, absolutely. The main objective is to communicate. Use whatever method you need, in whatever language, to get through.