Ladies, a little advice please

For those of you who have offered your menstrual blood as an offering, what have you found is the best way to collect it? What do you put it in? How long do you leave it out?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Personally I wrap the tampon it self with something flammable (cloth, paper, or tissue) and tie it with a ribbon. I store them in a jar with salt in a dark place at most 2 weeks. When I offer them I burn them totally and throw the ashes. Haven’t had any problems so far. if I don’t have anything to use them on by the 2 weeks I use them to charge up my self and my companions.
This is what works for me. Do what fits you best.

1 Like

I use a menstrual cup so collection is easy. You can put it in something small like a little crystal or glass tealight holder. I wouldn’t leave out a whole lot and I wouldn’t leave it more than a few hours, it’ll react with the air and start to smell pretty quickly.

5 Likes

Never thought in doing it this way before, thank you, i will try asap!

1 Like

Thank you, another great idea!

1 Like

Yes, Diva cup and a little crystal container. I only leave it out during ritual and will use it on sigils or candles or incense. I put it back into the fridge so they may continue to have it but I never leave it sitting at room temp because bacteria will begin growing. Next cup change, I dump it . Diva cup also makes your menses shorter and cleaner, I’ve found.

2 Likes

Diva cup is the best

2 Likes

Menstrual cup was the greatest invention for this and then transfer to small marmalade container (type you get in hotels with breakfast). So far mine have not had any bacteria/mould growing or any issues other than normal breakdown of the blood product - however I freeze mine as well.

@Lady_Eva suggested having cotton absorb blood and allowing it to dry - I’ve tried this more recently and that works well too.

3 Likes