Kundalini

How to raise my kundalini

Do a forum search for kundalini. There’s been so many threads and posts about how to raise kundalini, already written and waiting for you. The Search function can by found by clicking on the Search button in your top menu bar. Then if you still seek more resource material, try Googling it.

Please do a search about your topic before starting a thread.

Start by opening your chakras one at a time. After about a year (an estimate amount of time) then you can safely raise your kundalini by going back and activating your Muladhara Chakra.

Yes, especially ones typed like a four-year old asking for ice cream.

Magick requires work and questions like that make it seem, at least, as though you’re not willing to do that work, and simply want things handed to you in non-challenging soundbites. I could be wrong, but it happens quite a lot, so prove me wrong by doing your own research and asking questions that show you’ve put in some degree of effort?

Best article I’ve found on this kind of topic - medo, it also has very good advice:

[url=http://josephinemccarthy.com/2015/03/21/magic-needs-a-curious-mind-the-learning-dilemma-for-magical-students/]Magic needs a curious mind – the learning dilemma for magical students[/url].

… the amount of times people have emailed me, total strangers, with no introduction, no background info, not even a name, just a text speak sentence like: ‘tell me about eastern magic’, or ‘can you explain what magic is’, ‘can you tell me about Kabbalah but only in a few sentences as I am really busy and I don’t like to read a lot (yes, really….)’. The best one was, ‘I want to know what is in one of your books, but it has a lot of pages, so can you just bullet point it for me’ (I shit you not).

These and other sad but hilarious emails highlight this sense of entitlement (you don’t know me, but I want you to spend your whole day explaining something to me), along with the inability to learn for themselves. For instance, one question, ‘is there magic in India, if so what is it and how does it work”. Apart from the fact that you cannot truly answer such a question without writing a whole book, there is a thing called the internet, with amazing things called ‘search engines’ that one can use. Starting with a couple of words like, ‘magic’, ‘India’, and then maybe adding in, ‘mythology’, ‘mystics’, you can spend months reading various texts and books available on line. And the absolute joy of this is that you can focus in on one aspect that catches your eye, and search that, which opens up another vista of information. And on and on it goes. It’s called research.

Only then will a person slowly start to build discernment, and be able to separate the bullshit from the gems. It’s a process. And that process starts with curiosity, the willingness to read, digest, discover, ponder, look further, check facts, and check sources (and recognize the total bollocks): those steps slowly edge the person in to the subject matter. It’s called learning. It is very useful at times.

Full article: JosephineMcCarthy.com.

Kundalini Tantra, 1 year course, takes you over each chakra, with exercises and then a lot more after you do the full year.

Aghora at the left hand of god, a must read, imo along with Sinister Yogis, that will give you the practice along with some persepective and clearing up some myths about “yogis” all being nice and “moral” with the other 2 books.

[url=http://josephinemccarthy.com/2015/03/21/magic-needs-a-curious-mind-the-learning-dilemma-for-magical-students/]Magic needs a curious mind – the learning dilemma for magical students[/url].

… the amount of times people have emailed me, total strangers, with no introduction, no background info, not even a name, just a text speak sentence like: ‘tell me about eastern magic’, or ‘can you explain what magic is’, ‘can you tell me about Kabbalah but only in a few sentences as I am really busy and I don’t like to read a lot (yes, really….)’. The best one was, ‘I want to know what is in one of your books, but it has a lot of pages, so can you just bullet point it for me’ (I shit you not).

These and other sad but hilarious emails highlight this sense of entitlement (you don’t know me, but I want you to spend your whole day explaining something to me), along with the inability to learn for themselves. For instance, one question, ‘is there magic in India, if so what is it and how does it work”. Apart from the fact that you cannot truly answer such a question without writing a whole book, there is a thing called the internet, with amazing things called ‘search engines’ that one can use. Starting with a couple of words like, ‘magic’, ‘India’, and then maybe adding in, ‘mythology’, ‘mystics’, you can spend months reading various texts and books available on line. And the absolute joy of this is that you can focus in on one aspect that catches your eye, and search that, which opens up another vista of information. And on and on it goes. It’s called research.

Only then will a person slowly start to build discernment, and be able to separate the bullshit from the gems. It’s a process. And that process starts with curiosity, the willingness to read, digest, discover, ponder, look further, check facts, and check sources (and recognize the total bollocks): those steps slowly edge the person in to the subject matter. It’s called learning. It is very useful at times.

Full article: JosephineMcCarthy.com.

Haha, holy fuck wow. Poor Ms. McCarthy. And this marks the first time that a post in this forum has inspired me to cuss.

Ms. McCarthy’s quote should be stickied, because her advice will continue to be relevant.

I like that she takes it to a positive place and not just “newbie-bashing” - we were all new once, and almost all have areas of magick where we might not know even the basics.

But honestly my heart sinks when I see a post that’s like “tell me how to summon demon” or something because I always suspect that the person asking doesn’t even have a clue about the most basic things, and both sides end up frustrated.

It’s fine not to have a clue - what’s not fine IMO is to expect (and I know this comes up again and again) that magick MUST work a certain way, and then when it turns out it may require a bit of effort and study, to refuse to do that or get annoyed at successful magicians who are trying to help.

It’s like the old idea, it’s easy to envy the rich and successful, but if most people were offered the same good things that have, provided they put in the same level of work and self-discipline, most people would run screaming.

If someone’s reading this and thinking, “Well I don’t know anything, and not sure I want to make a lifestyle of this” then the best next question is, what do you hope to get out of magick?

Knowing that and maybe asking, “What kind of magickal routes would get me X goal, as quickly as possible?” makes it easier, than (sorry to use you as an example, medo!) several scattershot and vague questions about entire fields of study that can actually take years to become proficient at.

Magick differs from religion in a lot of ways, one is the focus on RESULTS - if your god you worship keeps smiting you with plagues, you’re supposed to put up with it, but if the spirit you work with delays and procrastinates with results, close that working and move on.

So, a good question for medo to think over, and maybe answer, would be “Will kundalini work help me get X goal in a short amount of time?” or whatever, rather than a hugely non-specific questions like “How to raise my kundalini”, which (as Josephine wrote) would require an entire book, really, to answer.

I don’t want to pin this because she’s not associated with BALG in any way and from what I’ve read, not a fan of black magick, etc., but I’ve bookmarked this thread and for future questions of this type, it would be really helpful if the OP stated what they wanted from it, rather than these huge open-ended questions. (Edit to add, I made a proper post in the New Member Resources thread, that covers this in more detail, here.)

And a little research first never hurts! :wink:

medo, your thread has gone off-topic a little as a result of my reply, for which I offer a slight apology, however the advice in it might help you in future and also other people who are brand new to magick and what they might need to learn and master, before they can start getting results.

There may be faster and easier ways to get what you’re looking for than learning the entire system of kundalini first, and we don’t know what those goals are if you just shoot questions out, if you see what I mean?

And knowing a little about the background, cultural sources, etc… it just helps you to ask the right questions, and people to give you helpful responses, instead of writing you off as ignorant, or even rude.

Here endeth the lecture. :slight_smile:

So many people want to raise their kundalini. I raised it once without knowing and it was a terrifying experience. When you have your chest feeling like it is stuck with a hundred phones vibrating at once inside it with your heart chakra "beating’ it can be scary if u have no clue what is going on!

I’m a kindalooney yoga master. I will answer this.

First you must water it and make sure it gets plenty of sunlight.

1 Like