Kundalini?

I recently came across this term and did a little research on it but I don’t feel like I am getting a clear picture. I know it is an energy in the body that lies dormant and is represented as a serpent. Can anyone tell me more? What are the applications of working with this energy? How is it awakened? What effects does it have? If anyone has any personal experiences of awakening the kundalini and would tell me why you did it( what was your goal), how, and what you accomplished with it I would love to hear about it.

Thanks as always,
Alex

That word bugs me. Try to pin it down and, like you said, it becomes clear everyone’s talking about something different. Personally, I think it’s a bullshit newage meme.

Look up ASMR videos on youtube, which produce a weird sensation in the back of the neck. Some people would call that their Kundalini awakening.

Lets just say I’ve never heard that word used seriously and heard anything but bullshit.

Most of the stuff out there about Kundalini is crap. If you are seriously interested in the subject check out Robert Bruces books, youtube channel, and his website.

His books, especial “Energy Work”, are great for learning how to cultivate and control energy. He has several youtube videos were he goes into length about what kundalini is and what it does. He has a course on how to raise it on his webiste, but it is a little expensive.

Thank you both!

[quote=“V Alex44, post:1, topic:6620”]I recently came across this term and did a little research on it but I don’t feel like I am getting a clear picture. I know it is an energy in the body that lies dormant and is represented as a serpent. Can anyone tell me more? What are the applications of working with this energy? How is it awakened? What effects does it have? If anyone has any personal experiences of awakening the kundalini and would tell me why you did it( what was your goal), how, and what you accomplished with it I would love to hear about it.

Thanks as always,
Alex[/quote]

My background is mostly in the Kabbalah so I’ll use most of the words that relate to it.

The Kundalini is the Sanskrit term for psycho-sexual energy that, as you may have read, lies dormant at the base of the spine in between the coccyx. It isn’t so much the seat of psychic powers but is an integral link to it. Activating that energy is normally done through sex or anything that activates sexual arousal. In the Kabbalah, it’s in the same placement at the Nephesch, the lower self that is full of “base” urges.

Sex magic, as a term nowadays and perhaps always been, is the process of raising, directing and controlling this energy. There’s some “myths” regarding it now as most of the information has moved underground to various occult orders. I can’t say why for sure but as one person wrote earlier, most of it is rehashed garbage.

It’s the same “thing” as the dragon in alchemy, which actually colors it depending on its characteristics like black, green, red, etc. It’s just a representation to help understand it. However, if left impure, it stays in the same state as a devouring, destroying serpent that wants only one thing: submission. It’s pretty deadly to others and the person, what with life being the way it is. One of the goals in alchemy is to purify that dragon and turn it into the phoenix.

Most rituals in magick are made to assist in controlling it as it’s a part of the psyche. It can’t go anywhere else, otherwise you’d die. In Freudian terms, it’s the Eros/Thanatos force in humans or the the expression of the Libido/Mortido urge. You know, creating and destroying.

During magick rituals, namely white magick, I will get a pulse in my coccyx, groin or anus or even during sexual activities. Not always but sometimes that true. If I do my daily set of rituals, especially the end of meditation, I will rock back and forth- almost like a baby or I’m in a rocking chair. It works out well.

Also, doing the ham-sah breath workings helps. Usually, you’ll feel some physiological urges like convulsions in the stomach, like a mini-seizure but it isn’t that bad. It just shakes, a LOT. Those are called shaktipots. I don’t know it’s actually translation though. But I swear to God!, it can fill you with the most intense sexual cravings on the planet. I mean it’s… painful and pleasurable at the same time. Like bondage or a sexually tense relationship.

In fact, where I went crazy once was when this energy was activated by a girl I met a few years ago. I did end up having a nervous breakdown at some point and my mental health took a nose dive. Takes a while to get it straightened out again though but I wasn’t expecting it to hit like a ton of bricks. It really was Cupid’s Arrow. =D

So that’s my experience. There’s more but I sort of lost my train of thought. Also, you don’t have to have sex of any kind to awaken that energy. Plenty of monks and hermits have done so, became very powerful and famous without ever touching another person. Well, some have, I’m sure.

If you want more info, I would suggest Kundalini Tantra it is on amazon.com.

If you would like information on Kundalini from a Western Perspective, I highly recommend Path Notes of An american Ninja Master by Glenn Morris. It looks at energy development through the eyes of a hobbyist in ninjitsu. The author raised his kundalini through qi gong. It has the clearest descriptions of what to expect and possible side effects I’ve ever read.