Krampus and other folk lore stuff

I was reading about krampus a few days back and it got me thinking, these old folk tales were obviously spawned from something. Do you think these creatures are based off actual spirits/ are spirits.
If so it could make for some pretty festive magic, summoning krampus. I know im posting about christmas stuff in summer, but all this heat has got looking forward to winter

1 Like

[quote=“Zac, post:1, topic:8153”]I was reading about krampus a few days back and it got me thinking, these old folk tales were obviously spawned from something. Do you think these creatures are based off actual spirits/ are spirits.
If so it could make for some pretty festive magic, summoning krampus. I know im posting about christmas stuff in summer, but all this heat has got looking forward to winter[/quote]

Santa Claus has been one of my favorite allies since I was four or five.

I honestly don’t care that he’s an egregore or something. I love Santa Claus.

I also love everything Christmassy, and there is genuine magic to it all. Haven’t tried summoning Krampus but he seems like a good entity to send against someone who’s been naughty.

Interestingly enough the Santa Claus aspect that I commune with has energy of an ascended human and a fairy which I find very interesting. Krampus has the same, except more dark fairy leaning on demonic but not quite there.

Yeah the krampus is a spirit I work with fairly regularly. It’s function is to punish, so if you want to kick someones ass he’s a good one to call.

1 Like

[quote=“Zac, post:1, topic:8153”]I was reading about krampus a few days back and it got me thinking, these old folk tales were obviously spawned from something. Do you think these creatures are based off actual spirits/ are spirits.
If so it could make for some pretty festive magic, summoning krampus. I know im posting about christmas stuff in summer, but all this heat has got looking forward to winter[/quote]

Spirits or their “currents” are known under many different names. Its not a coincidence, because I have my own version for this year and many a coming new years, and it isnt Santa Clause or Krampus. Maybe the spirits are reminding you to be on the naughty or nice list.

Don’t forget, that Krampus doesn’t just punish people, he is the protector of children. Adults who are cruel to children get punished by him, in a much worse way than getting put in a sack and beaten with a stick (which, when you think about, wasn’t too bad of a punished way back when. I mean, all those kids got a whooping, Krampus just put them in a sack). So, in a backwards way, he is also a good guy. He keeps my kids safe when they go out in the world from adults who might be predators against them.

3 Likes

I’ll have to remember that if I ever have issues with a child abuser and or molestor.