Keys of Ocat

I’m wondering if anyone here has this book by S. Connolly. I’m looking for a bit of a review on the Keys of Ocat and perhaps a table of contents. I may be interested in obtaining a copy but finding reviews of this text isn’t proving easy. I’ve only found a few and they’re they’re either on Connolly’s site or Amazon and don’t really get into what the grimoire contains.

To those that have it, can you give a review about it’s content, if you’ve worked with the book and the Table of Contents? Also, would you be willing to part with the book, perhaps in a trade? Thanks!

I have it and it will be a while before I work with it, as I have runes Jason’s course, and the Infernal Col. To work through first.

If you PM me your address I can lend it to you.

[quote=“Orismen, post:2, topic:3105”]I have it and it will be a while before I work with it, as I have runes Jason’s course, and the Infernal Col. To work through first.

If you PM me your address I can lend it to you.[/quote]

You’d trust me with it? I could be a deranged bibliophile mad-man looking to scam people out of their grimoires insert evil laugh here. :wink:

And I could be a guy who laces all my mail with anthrax :smiley:

Lol, I heard that Connolly curses all her books in case anyone steals or copies them. Not sure if that is true or not.

Perhaps a trade would be in order. Do you have, and would be willing to part with, Crossed Keys or the Book of Abraxas?

If nothing else I can get you a run down of the table of contents later.

[quote=“Orismen, post:4, topic:3105”]And I could be a guy who laces all my mail with anthrax :smiley:

Lol, I heard that Connolly curses all her books in case anyone steals or copies them. Not sure if that is true or not.

Perhaps a trade would be in order. Do you have, and would be willing to part with, Crossed Keys or the Book of Abraxas?[/quote]

Definitely not giving up Crossed Keys. That’s my main grimoire that I work from. The Book of Abraxas…perhaps. Depends on what Keys of Ocat contains. Yes, if you could give me a Table of Contents that would be great, it would help me decide if I really want the book or if I’m just being sweet talked by the description on the publishers site.

[quote=“Baphomet, post:1, topic:3105”]I’m wondering if anyone here has this book by S. Connolly. I’m looking for a bit of a review on the Keys of Ocat and perhaps a table of contents. I may be interested in obtaining a copy but finding reviews of this text isn’t proving easy. I’ve only found a few and they’re they’re either on Connolly’s site or Amazon and don’t really get into what the grimoire contains.

To those that have it, can you give a review about it’s content, if you’ve worked with the book and the Table of Contents? Also, would you be willing to part with the book, perhaps in a trade? Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, it’s definitely worth the buy. When I first got the book, I didn’t use it often but now I find myself using that book all the time in my rituals and as a general reference.

It has some good incantations and several enns for many Godforms and daemons. The book definitely touches some interesting topics like soul surgery, exorcism, creation of tinctures, and Kemetic funerary practices.

The only problem I have with this work is Connolly’s repetitious and egotistic claim’s that this book is for the advanced practitioner. This is not true and It’s not hard to fill in the blanks in this vague book.

Even though I don’t like her books because she mostly takes already known practices that can be found in just about any book on wicca or paganism and shrouds them with demons and bloodletting, I have to say that this book stands out compared to her other work. I feel like she is really on to something with this book and if you’ve worked any of the material on this site The Keys of Ocat actually turns out to be a pretty decent book to work through. The sigils, incantations and rituals within this book work and the spirits provided within this work are very helpful and appear happily before you.

On a further note, to get the best results with this book I would can her idea of evocation that is presented in this work and use your own method, Michael Ford’s method (that’s in The Luciferian Goetia) or Koetting’s method.

2 Likes

How do you use the table of Death? Draw it on the face of target’s picture?