Does the LHP believe in Karma?
In wicca, mostly believe that everything you do comes back to you three times more, bad or good. There’s any similar belief in LHP?

2 Likes

No. We believe in cause and effect, but not the false moral judgement of the Three Fold Law.

Please use the forum’s search function in the upper right. There are many threads already that answer this question.

5 Likes

Was gonna comment “Not this shit again” But DK said it better.

4 Likes

I think this question is a little different to “is karma real” because he’s asking about the LHP stance on it.

I could be wrong but I think of it like this: karma happens to us as a natural law but also in agreeance with our own higher selves. When we choose to break away from our higher selves and RHP, to follow self-deification with LHP, we could make our own decisions about what will happen to us. And natural laws, like all things, can be influenced by our own magic.

4 Likes

From my personal gnosis, Karma seems to mostly be an only-beneficial phenomenon. As @Encore19 alluded to, one receives “good karma” from working with their Higher Self, which I refer to as your Light. Generally speaking, it is associated with things like sharing, love, and care for others (an oversimplification, but close enough to make the point), whereas your Shadow (which Koetting calls the Black Sun, I believe), the primal or subconscious self, is generally associated with such things as lust, dominance/control, and self-survival.

Going off of this, if you do things that cultivate your Light, the macrocosmic reflection of which is the All, then more Light will flow through you, into yourself and the world around you. Essentially, by helping others, you also help yourself. The more blessings you give to others, the more blessings you receive for yourself in-turn.

However, a common misconception (word of the fuckin Aeon right there) about this is that if you do “bad” or “evil” things then you will be punished. In my personal experience, and according to the wisdom I have received, this is not the case.

Take cursing, for instance. If you buy into the Threefold Law or whatever, then cursing someone is supposed to bring even worse things upon you. The last time I cursed someone, I did not find punishment. I found peace.

Personally, I aim to cultivate a balance of Light and Shadow, the Angelic and the Demonic, the Right and the Left. Esoteric philosophizing aside, following this strategy gets you the best of both worlds. You get to help out others that you care about and the community around you, while also getting even more awesome stuff for yourself. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

3 Likes

I think RHP peeps would argue “well you’re probably going to get bad karma in a different lifetime, one where you can’t simply avoid it with magic like in this one.” But I was thinking, if we do ascend in LHP we can work hard now and not have to come back to Earth or anywhere that this karma could play out. I’m assuming karma only works in dimensions where we are incarnated as something, but perhaps not.

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight always says it better! :wink:

1 Like

yeah, this one is the Iron clad law. Moral Judgement, Debt-Repayment aren’t . Was going through some Kaula Tradition’s ancient practices. One of them was a practice which if done will exempt one from all kind of Moral Judgement, Debt-Repayment mechanism in existence. Now here also If the practice/ritual/sadhana is done correctly, a.k.a the cause is right then the right effect is bound to come. Like if U want to get rid of cold & cough permanently U just take the ‘right’ medicine that’s all.

1 Like

Depends what do you mean by “karma”. Good deeds = Good future, Bad deeds = Bad future ?

We have seen plenty of examples that (what could be considered as) a bad deed have brought good resaults and life quality to magicians.
For example:

If you murder someone with your own hands and end up in jail for the rest of your life (or dead, depends where you live), it’s not “karma’s” fault, but yours.
But if you kill him with magick, and especially if you have personal reasons to want him dead, then you can continue your life and even have a peaceful closure.

If “Good deeds = Good future, Bad deeds = Bad future” was a thing, whomever had devoted his/her life to help others, and forgive and sacrifice him/herself then he/she should have an awesome life quality, inner peace and great luck, right? :smirk:

Whatever drops your life quality (in this life) is the concequences of your own choices (again, in this life) in the mundane.

3 Likes

Yeah I think they would make that argument too, and while there does seem to be some truth to it, it’s not exactly correct as stated like that. To begin, I don’t think there is such a thing as “bad karma.” What seems to be the presence of a negative thing (bad karma) is really more the absence of a positive thing - more Light flowing through you.

For a magician, this is not an issue, as there are other ways of getting good stuff in your life. You don’t need the Light’s blessings, as you can create your own for yourself by cultivating Shadow. For a muggle, however, someone unable to do this, problems can occur.

Take individuals with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, for instance. These seem to be individuals extremely out-of-balance, with almost all Shadow traits with no Light to balance it out. From my experience, the world will not naturally sort them out or punish them on its own. They will continue to infect reality with their disgusting presence, spreading toxicity and harming those around them for no reason other than pure sadistic insecurity.

However, that does not mean that their actions go unnoticed, for we magicians are our own universes, and in my reality, such things are not permitted. While beings of Shadow are commonly associated with cursing, so too are the angels capable of great wrath. The difference is mainly that the Light is concerned with Justice, not harm for harm’s sake.

Who decides what is “Just,” then? Is that not the same as saying that God will punish the wicked? In a sense, yes, but those who say that often do not realize who they are referring to when they say God. I decide what is Just in my reality, for I am God, both in my reality and in All realities. You are too, if you have the courage to do what must be done to realize it.

1 Like

:point_up_2: actual function and definition of karma in the practical sense. :v::alien::ok_hand: action and reaction to put it another way.

It just includes actions and effects in this and past lives. :alien:

2 Likes