Just wanted to show my appriciation!

I just wanted to make a thread to show my appriciation to all of those on here who are willing to help me and give advice. All of your help in all aspects of Magick and the occult is greatly appriciated. I am not one to ask someone to do anything for me. I always just ask questions and want to make sure I do everything correctly. Thank you all especially nereid for all your time and help! It is greatly appriciated. I just wanted everyone to understand if I do say retarted shit on here im not trying to troll. Sometimes I just ask some stupid questions because I am still new to this. You all fucking rule!!!

Before finding the BALG forum I’ve been a member to just one other forum, it was mainly about Satanism. It was one more typical LHP forum where most of its members only liked to talk about theory and the philosophical aspects of magick. I wasn’t really active there because anyone who asked a practical question was automatically accused for trolling or labeled crazy.

I had some reservations for BALG forum but I quickly found out that here it’s different.
I think that asking questions is crucial for our development and I’m glad that the members here are not like “read a ton of books to find the answer” or “you must find the answer yourself”.
Personal time and effort are needed to proceed but it’s nice to know that there are some people willing to answer your questions or point you to the right direction when you really need it.

Word.

Too much theory in other places (forums)…not enough “OK I’m ready to actual do THIS…what do you guys think? What has been your personal experience?”

I like this joint man!!!

[quote=“Nereid, post:2, topic:1305”]Before finding the BALG forum I’ve been a member to just one other forum, it was mainly about Satanism. It was one more typical LHP forum where most of its members only liked to talk about theory and the philosophical aspects of magick. I wasn’t really active there because anyone who asked a practical question was automatically accused for trolling or labeled crazy.

I had some reservations for BALG forum but I quickly found out that here it’s different.
I think that asking questions is crucial for our development and I’m glad that the members here are not like “read a ton of books to find the answer” or “you must find the answer yourself”.
Personal time and effort are needed to proceed but it’s nice to know that there are some people willing to answer your questions or point you to the right direction when you really need it.[/quote]

Being a newbie, despite the fact i have been interested in magick for long, i always found most of talk in the internet have always too much theory and many of the systems seem to be too complex for who wants to enter in, what turns out to be a bit demotivational regarding “where to start”. So i really agree when you say that most of others just tell us to read a lot (what eventually keeps it only on theory and sometimes we might be a bit lost, or the common answer of “finding it ourselves”, when in fact i was always up to listen from others with more experience) - and you are right, many questions are crucial. I would say that a part we learn from others, from diferent opinions, experiences and important teachings, and the other part will be developed by ourselves, through practical actions. Even i am yet trying to train my mind through meditation, this forum has been useful in this, and thats why this is the first forum of magick i am being active.

[quote=“Mode_439, post:3, topic:1305”]Word.

Too much theory in other places (forums)…not enough “OK I’m ready to actual do THIS…what do you guys think? What has been your personal experience?”

I like this joint man!!![/quote]

I was helped in my first evocation… while I did not get materialization I did get some intresting happenings… I posted it in the experiances with Dra’talon thread. I am going to preform again this weekend… just with paper pen my circle, copal… and just simply ask questions even if i dont get materialization. I was watching E.A. Evocation seminar and he said to try this when starting.

Try picking a spirit and communing with it every day. Pick one that you are drawn to and get to know it. Call it, meditate on it, ask questions about that one particular spirit. Offer the black candles and copal to it. Become temporarily obsessed with the spirit. Temporary obsession being the key. Invoke it and draw its power and knowledge into you. Then try evoking that spirit to full manifestation.