Just want to get to know people

So ive been into spirituality as a whole for a long time, but social anxiety kept me from feeling comfortable just reaching out and getting to know like minded people with similar interests so i guess this is my first real attempt here…and im so horrible at this that thats all i can think to say :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

That’s a fine intro, some people write paragraphs some just say Hi, there’s no rules for such things. We do have a few things we’re interested in magickally:

You’ve probably noticed there’s a gazillion kinds of magick, from Javanese to Native American and Sami to Vodoun, every country on the planet has several kinds…

So what’s good on your end? What kind of magick do you do, have you been actively practicing and for how long, and where do think your interests will take you next?

3 Likes

If you are on Facebook I recommend avoiding most of the witch occult groups on there. Stick to the forums because I noticed a lot of folks into witchcraft are definitely more wiccanese (not that there is anything wrong with Wicca per se) usually with a narrow minded arrogant attitude especially acting like the Pharisees Jews of the Bible LOL. They accused Jesus working with demons and apparently he never denied that either. Just sayin.

Mulberry from my experience for an example well is blunt but definitely not narrow minded or closed off (yes mulberry it’s a compliment from me ).

So the individuals I met here seem hell a lot more level headed than in lot of groups like on fb witch groups. What the hell was I thinking lol.but anyways that’s a good introduction and I understand social anxiety from my friends that have it. I hope you will feel welcomed here and just to let you know you aren’t alone in seeking like minded folks.

7 Likes

The facebook witches are an absolute mess to deal with.

This forum is really one of the best resources out there for connecting with people of similar interests

7 Likes

I agree 666% lol

4 Likes

Hey i appreciate the kindness and understanding. Basically im more of a mystic than anything. My practices are all centered on self development/discovery and just developing a truly receptive consciousness to the deeper beauties of life. For me personally, satan and the demons personify this in the most relatable way for me. What about you?

3 Likes

I totally feel ya there. This forum, so far, seems to be a safe place for a weirdo like me :sweat_smile: though i havent really gotten into the facebook groups yet, if the witchcraft groups are anything like the philosophy groups ive checked out than i can imagine its a clusterfuck lol

2 Likes

In many ways, it’s a lonely path also. But I also feel that it would be nice to know people who truly understand. Too bad there isn’t so many people that want to deal with the truly dark and ugly things which fascinates me, so even though I have people in my life that does practice a spiritual path, things like the Qliphoth and everything it may reveal are taboo even for them so I can’t fully open up to them either.

2 Likes

Yeah i feel ya there. Like my own teacher/mentor has a deep understanding of the occult and spirituality in the truest sense of the word, but his personal practice is a blend of pre-golden dawn renaisance magick with some neo-pagan stuff thrown in the mix…polar opposite of this kind of stuff lol im just tired of letting my own lack of self esteem and fear of people get in the way of developing beautiful enriching relationships with my fellow human beings

3 Likes

I appreciate you for reaching out. My mind is totally on the fritz so i cant find where to send a pm right now :upside_down_face: but my name is jared capps and my profile pic is the invertex pentagram with the eye in the middle

Facebook witches

I’ve found this to be true on any main stream form of social media. Being a “witch” has become a way to seek “clout”. It’s incredibly obnoxious. Ironically they parade around with the same kind of braggy desire for recognition of their moral superiority and treat others with the same disdain and judgement for differences in ideology or practice as xtians do.

It’s enough to make any one not part of their ingroup feel isolated.

2 Likes

For them, being a witch is a costume. I pay people like that no mind. But, as soon as this trend leaves the mainstream media, so will their dress-up game, self-righteous behavior, and need for recognition/validation in this space. They’ll hop on the next trend and chase their clout elsewhere.

At least it’s relatively interesting to watch them roleplay and get nowhere. Like watching an obnoxious train crash.

2 Likes