Just started cartomancy!

I’ve never really been interested in divination but than I found out about cartomancy(playing cards). I’ve only done basic reading like past, present, future and yes or no pulls. Can anyone give some beginner advise and some different layouts to tryout?

2 Likes

connect with each card and memorize its meanings. Also, if u haven’t charged them in a full moon do that. Lastly, what i like to do with my cards is put a sigil in the bag with them. i am using astaroth sigil cause i am working with her on my senses and divination skills.

*Be Blessed

2 Likes

I’ve worked with vassago before and he has some experience with divination so I’ll I his sigil. What does a full moon do to the cards? Will it make them more accurate?

1 Like

from my understanding the intention i set with the full moon is to charge them. therefore, they will give me more accurate readings.

1 Like

Ah. Ok last question than I’ll leave you alone. I’ve seen post on the forum where people do readings to see what entitys are around. Is this possible with cartomancy or only tarot?

1 Like

i am not really sure so i am not going to answer the question. I hope someone with better knowledge than me could help u with that.

*Be Blessed.

2 Likes

I have personally only done that with Tarot so I can only answer from that perspective. Even then it does not always give a straight answer. My cards often tells what someone needs to hear even if harsh vs what they thought might happen.

1 Like

Do you know if tarot spreads work for the playing cards too?

1 Like

If my memory is correct some have used spreads with playing cards but I cannot personally confirm as I’ve never done it with playing cards. I’ve only done yes and no.

1 Like

I feel like anything’s possible if you get crafty enough. Devise a system that’d help you do it. I’d suggest starting broad maybe?

Example: Red card for good energy/entity, black for bad energy/entity. Get more specific as you go, however you choose to classify and/or identify the unknown force.

Assign your own unique meanings to the cards, and adjust when you gain the experience. You could find out what sort of system or set up works best in different scenarios. I think it’d be quite an experience.

1 Like

Waaaay ahead of you. I have a 10 pages full of notes meanings and layouts.

1 Like

You totally got this then! I hope you keep us updated on your journey.

1 Like

Will do! Tomarrow I’m opening free readings to celebrate my 90 days. I’ll give you one tomarrow if ya want?

Pm If so

1 Like