Journal 1: Beginning my Spiritual Journey; Akashic Record Readings

Hello everyone!

I figured this would be a good place to talk about my experience and growth in all things magickal and spiritual. I have always felt…different and noticed that I never connected well to people around me no matter what. (I imagine this is an experience many people have felt here). I believe I am very nice and pleasant, a bit of a social butterfly but most people I meet, I cannot seem to build a deep connection. Additionally, I have experienced some weird circumstances/events in my life that seems too strange to explain away, sometimes.

Within the month of my birthday of this year (2022), I felt a strange spiritual shift in myself and began to delve in the practitioner side of my spirituality, while in the past I was content with passive observation. One of my main interests is understanding my past (alternate) lives, my ancestral line, and my soul’s purpose through the Akashic Records. For those who do not know the Akashic Records are, “a dimension of consciousness that contains a vibrational record of every soul and its journey” (Howe, 2010). I began educating myself on the topic listening to podcasts, researching online, and reading a book I purchased called How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey by Linda Howe. I made the commitment to access them this weekend (June 25-26, 2022).

Strangely, I had this intense desire to deep clean my room and create a meditation/alter space that would be appropriate for this journey. I had so much energy to clean, refurbish my furniture, and address things that I had procrastinated on dealing with for about a year. It’s small moments and actions like these that make me wonder if all this change is due to my excitement or some external force pushing my in the right direction. Once I was ready, I wrote the questions I wanted answered and began meditating. For the first time, I made sure not to ask questions, but to just be there in the moment. My first entrance in the Akashic Records occurred as follows:

…Nothing…Absolutely nothing

I was SO disappointed and disheartened. A part of me thought that the Records do not exist and I was stupid to waste my time. Another, bigger, part thought I must have done something wrong. The first time I left my fan on, I did not wear my blindfold (which I usually do to help meditate), and I did not speak from the heart (but rather read it out loud like any other piece of writing). I decided to do better the next time and…I think I did!

The next day was spent memorizing and FEELING the words, I chose not to meditate as long prior to the readings, turned off my fan, and wore my blindfold. After opening the records, I waited. I did my best to remove distracting thoughts when a feeling popped into my head to lie down- it will be more effective. I stumbled around looking for my bed and lied down (still wearing my blindfold). I decided to ask my most pressing question: Why do I feel connected to (X) person? I asked the question over and over in my head while focusing on my breath. Eventually, I felt the change.

My hands and arms were numb, heavy like lead. The tingle eventually spread through my body. There were moments where my breathing slowed to a complete stop and my body forced a breath inside. The answers to my question came in different forms: images on the back of my eyelids, flashes of memory (like a movie clip), and voices randomly speaking or whispering to me in my head, rushes of emotions or specific feelings. Here are the answers, I think, I received in response to my question:

• Outline of mountain ranges
  • Observing a meteor shower
  • Remembering my long, black hair- down to my waist
  • Looking over my right shoulder and then turning around to see a tall man behind me (but could not see his face; I just remembered his shadow
  • Rolling around in the grass and laughing with someone in my arms
  • On a small boat, I am sitting behind him and see his back as he rows the boat
  • Words that whispered or clearly stated including “wife” and “lovers”
  • Briefly a fluttering or aching feeling in my heart
  • Glimpses of the records: everything was pearl white (almost sterile) there were columns as high as the eye could see
  • In the closing prayer, I felt strangely sad and almost cried

At some point, I felt the need to leave because I was just drained. My forehead was pulsating, I knew that I was not going to get any more out of the experience in this session. Now, I have a problem second guessing myself or dismissing what I experience as just my imagination or my thoughts processing random bits of information I accumulated in the last few days. What I know is this is what came up during the session, and that I felt a sense of peace and warmth throughout. I also know that I might need to reach out to someone with more experience, so I can learn more about myself as well as improve my skill in reading the Akashic Records. As I continue this journey, I look forward to recording and sharing my experience with you all.

Thank you for reading!

3 Likes