Jodorowsky

Hi all experts in tarot them I have several questions about the tarot. my doubts arose when I heard the words of a filmmaker of my country, his name is Jodorowsky, which says that the tarot things only serves to decipher the present and not the future … and that therefore predict what the tarot can change .

This is the documental
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXg1RaaMKho]Alejandro Jodorowsky explica el Tarot - YouTube

1 Like

I have used the tarot to both foretell the future and look at the present. It does both.

Why are you letting what some random dude thinks get inside your head like this?!

First you ask nonsense questions of the Book Of Fate, then turn the fact it doesn’t have a “Finiz, stop larking about” response into food for doubts, now you’re looking for some random guy to tell you what can and cannot be done…? :wink:

I’m not trying to be mean but the only way to discover if this stuff is REAL is to practice it, there are people on both sides certain they’re correct and both also have their share of knee-jerk morons and people who are so skilled with persuasive words that they could sell sand to a Bedouin, so the only way to know for sure is to try…

1 Like

I ask this question because Alejandro Jodorowsky is an ‘intellectual’ in my country and I was so rare someone will use and interpret Tarot that way, or I became curious and wanted to share the data with you and know your opinion.

1 Like

Lots of intellectual people aren’t into magick, maybe that’s just not his thing? :slight_smile:

Smart people need reasons for what they believe, they analyse stuff and don’t take things on trust, so I’m not surprised he has those. But there are plenty of skeptical and debunking sites online, all convincing… so the only way you’ll find out is to try yourself, really.

1 Like

He didn’t foresee the present and the future of Dune :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is also a terrible movie maker, lol. I don’t take any of his stuff seriously. I think I heard him say that he destroyed his ego, yet in this Dune documentary he shit on David Lynch and was happy his Dune movie sucked. He is full of shit, so I would avoid him on the Tarot.

1 Like

you know…

i also got the impression that tarot doesn’t show the future. my readings were always unveiling the current situation.

or should i say, i used in on purpose in such fashion. my way of thinking was that it is redicilously more important to find out what is hidden here and now, instead of projecting future attachments.

or maybe i’m just a pussy.

i had some readings that read the future, when i think of it now. and they were also accurate.

i just like to use it in present time more.

1 Like

Tarot, in my experience, can depict the future with an eerie accuracy. However I’m always sure to specify a time frame for the cards to reference when I read.

1 Like

Jodorowsky’s a genius, but he’s not a magician, which is why he barely makes one movie every twenty years while (very much a magician) Lynch is shooting Season 3 of Twin Peaks after 25 years, which is nothing short of a fucking miracle. In fact, I think David Lynch is one of the best arguments on the planet for the necessity of magic to an artist’s career. He might’ve never made a single feature in Hollywood if he hadn’t gotten into the occult.

Anyway, the cards are just a tool. It’s your Mind that does the reading, and it can pick up any information you ask for.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had Tarot + Book Of Fate show me things there was no way I could have known at the time, I mean NO WAY… I’d love to be all politically correct (or whatever!) and say “the magick is within you” but they’ve been like a laser, while I was still flailing round in the dark.

2 Likes