Jinn

Does anyone have any sigil for jinn and know rituals to evoke them?

To my knowledge, you have to fast for certain number of days, then you have to use certain incense specific to the jinn you are calling, the evocation itself sounds like a pain in the ass too since you have to recite certain ayahs and Surat from Qur’an ridiculous amount of times in a very specific order. I don’t remember the exact numbers and exact procedures but I do remember that among all you are supposed to recite Surat Al Jinn over 100 times and of course before you even start you have to do Wudhu. I think there were some rituals on indotalisman if you are still interested, can’t tell you how accurate they are though. You can also check Shams al-Ma’arif and other books by Ahmad Al Buni and maybe Ibn Arabi.

That is unless you are talking about Ben Qayin’s system, which is completely different.

3 Likes

How is Ben Qayins system different?

I don’t remember exactly what was written in the intro section of his book but I think he claims that he used the old manuscript on which Goetia was based (forgot what it’s called) and he supposedly used some rare manuscript he found in some library in Spain plus he “channeled” sigils, circles and triangles. Incantations in his book sound pretty much like wiccan stuff with “dark” flavor and I think someone already mentioned it on some forum. Among all, the biggest noticeable difference is that all of his 72 jinn are used only to bring suffering and destruction, they are not something you would call upon to learn something or to give you riches (they have pretty much one purpose). I am not sure that you want to be in touch with them too much unless you want to feel like a homicidal maniac.

If we are talking about Islamic jinn, they are pretty much like humans, some of them worship Allah and some don’t, they are different and can be used for different purpose not unlike goetic demons. According to religion, god created jinn and humans to worship him and jinn have free will just like humans. I did oversimplify here quite I bit but you get the idea.

Interesting thing that Ben Qayin uses Iblis as the leader of 72 jinn in his book and Iblis from his book has same feeling as Azazel (I did have very similar visions) though I am not sure if it’s the same entity. I also think that Iblis from his book is the same Iblis that is mentioned in Qur’an while I don’t know anything about the origin of the other 72 jinn.

1 Like

^ Interesting, I’ve met some of those and that describes my experience exactly.

There are also vicious djinn who fit that description S. Ben Qayin gives, but they seem almost extra-terrestrial, not in the sense of having come from another planet but from a different level of reality, they’re pretty much like the spiritual version of uranium and not beings you want to hang out with.

1 Like

Well, it really depends on your personal preferences, I’m sure there are some people who would like to align with this type of energy. It’s just doesn’t fit my goals at this moment, though I did use them several times.
I think using average joe’s perspective we can call these beings “evil” in its pure form. I had a feeling that I actually call upon pain, suffering and death in different forms when I worked with them, I guess this is the closest analogy I can come up with.
Iblis gave me some insight into religion (Islam) as well but I won’t share it publicly just yet because I am getting quite confused myself and it’s not too relevant to this topic.

[quote=“fke, post:6, topic:5108”]Well, it really depends on your personal preferences, I’m sure there are some people who would like to align with this type of energy. It’s just doesn’t fit my goals at this moment, though I did use them several times.
I think using average joe’s perspective we can call these beings “evil” in its pure form.[/quote]

I didn’t feel that they were evil, as such - it’s just their nature. A rabid dog, a virus, or uranium aren’t evil, they just express a type of life that’s inimical to humans when in close contact - fire is wonderful, but you don’t set your bed on fire while you’re in it!

I met spirits like that when I did a lot of healing stuff and IMO it’s a mistake to start having moral judgements, and (more relevantly to practical magick) it prevents the student from being able to understand them, and thereby open up the doors to being able to work with them.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I used average person’s (not involved in the occult) perspective. I think good/evil are made up concepts anyway. I do believe that destruction is just as beautiful as creation and these jinn are great at destroying stuff (well people to be precise).

If we’re truly honest about the -origins- of morals, they trace back to value judments made by -individuals- in terms of -usefulness- anyway. Is this good, for me? Is it inimical, for me? A magician who’s still caught in any morality that he hasn’t created himself, after starting again from nothing, is more like a religionist with ritual. Well, my opinion, anyway.

Seems to me that if your focus is magic that produces practical -results-, -influencing- the wider world as opposed to just seeking enlightenment/knowledge (and I’m not denigrating that, just drawing a line of distinction here between two different foci), then the value of things will tend to be in gradations of power, anyway.

Speaking from an LHP perspective anyway, which I’m coming more to terms with these days it seems.

EDIT - Oh, and more to do with the OP - is there some thing in particular that distinguishes Jinn from spirits with free will and fiery nature? Or is that just what such spirits are called in that part of the world?