Jesus_christ! for the love of the ze'al chakra!

ATTENTION! All Crawlers O’ The Night:

I was on the phone today with S.V.E sharing some info regarding meditation - getting started, practical methods that are devoid of dogma etc.

I wanted to share that the Ze’al Chakra, although NOT mentioned in the following text, IS addressed and will aid you the practitioner in not only meditation, but, in strengthening this area for our forum’s Evocation course. *NOTE: no, I am NOT an advanced Evocator (yet), but this area has assisted me in experiencing what are called Jhanic States of Absorption in meditation. All of these exercises are interrelated, should be shared for the benefit of all here…so…

The following is the text in it’s complete version - it’s simple, extremely effective, and can/will assist you in developing your physic abilities.

[url=http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai/lee/inmind.html]Lost in samsara

1. Read the intro by Ajahn Geoff & Ajahn Lee

2. Read over Method# 2 first - perhaps 3x’s unless you are familiar

3. Jump in and start doing Method# 2

4. 20min…just 20min a day to start (I do 45min. that’s optimal for me)

*5. Part of the exercise that addresses the Ze’al Chakra Area is in Method# 2…breathing in/out from the base of the skull. For me as a practitioner (and you have to play around with it to find out where your “spot” is too) my “sweet spot” if you will is around the Occiput. I forgot to add that in before - see pic

I guarantee you will have results. I used this method throughout my meditation career at various times, and, as you can see…yep…I’m coming back to it.

Enjoy!

M

P.S.,

If anyone has questions or needs help…just ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

the miracle of new avatar power mentions the ze’al chakra as well. it is the 2nd sephira of duat or da’ath on the body of light in western kabbalism and you activate it when you do the golden dawn’s middle pillar exercise.

Thank you for making an added connection wright!

BTW all,

I was just reviewing the exercise given by Ajahn Lee. What I like about it is that you are also guiding your energy down your arms and legs etc…

Now, what I like about this is, it totally applies to the section in the Evo course…guiding the energy down the arm…etc.

What a gem!

Thanks Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo & the entire Thai Forest Tradition of Buddhism…you ROCK!

This is sooo weird… Every time a demon was with me, my back of the neck was always burning. Wtf… I didn’t know this was another chakra, I just thought it was the normal throat chakra.

I have always felt a distinct presser there as well, now I know why. Thanks Mode.

Chakra’s are magical constructs.

I don’t think that makes them any less useful though

I don’t think that makes them any less useful though[/quote]

No, but it just means that you can create a chakra of any essence you like wherever you like. They aren’t “discovered” (does anyone think that in untold centuries of Indian esoteric practice a “Zeal” chakra that was objectively there was overlooked until some New Age guru found it?) but are invented, and the exercises to “open” and “empower” them aren’t doing that so much as they solidifying them in ones imagination are creating them ex nihilo. I think this makes them, if anything, more useful.

actually, in the case of the ze’al chakra, it’s not just a magical construct. the ze’al chakra is an energy point along the energy meridians of the energy body.

in tcm the point is known as yamen and is the 15th point on the governor vessel (gv15). activating this point in tcm directly stimulates the limbic system, which opens up the deep mind and subconscious to a very great degree.

in western kabbalism, the ze’al chakra corresponds roughly to the sephira of da’ath (duat) and the vibratory word that activates it in the golden dawn’s middle pillar exercise is ‘yhvh elohim.’

i’m pretty sure you could also activate the point with acupuncture needles, either through moxibustion to send herbal powers directly into it, or with ems stimulation. running electric current directly into it while meditating MAY activate it faster, but ymmv so caveat emptor.

in a simpler way, i guess that pressing on the point while meditating can do the same thing.

More constructs. TCM does not actually use the word “energy”, since the latter is an English word,and TCM is, well, Chinese. I’m not being pedantic. “Energy” has a very technical, and essentially quantitative, meaning in physical science, applying to very material matters, which is unfortunately conflated again and again, and purposefully, with the wishy washy New Age sort of use of the word “energy”, in order to take an esoteric concept and confuse it horribly with a physical one. Frankly, it denigrates both the exoteric and esoteric.

in tcm the point is known as yamen and is the 15th point on the governor vessel (gv15). activating this point in tcm directly stimulates the limbic system, which opens up the deep mind and subconscious to a very great degree.

i’m pretty sure you could also activate the point with acupuncture needles, either through moxibustion to send herbal powers directly into it, or with ems stimulation. running electric current directly into it while meditating MAY activate it faster, but ymmv so caveat emptor.

in a simpler way, i guess that pressing on the point while meditating can do the same thing.

We can agree absolutely that there are points on the body which effect the soul in different ways when meddled with … this is a pretty mundane fact of life actually, from ones eyes to the tiniest nerve in ones skin.

Such a point is not a chakra. It may very well be the physical basis for imagining a chakra where it is imagined. But it is not a bightly glowing flower of lotus petals that embodies a certain cosmic essence. This doesn’t objectify the existence of the “zeal chakra”, which clearly does not have an existence in physical space, but is an astral phenomenon which has to be created by the imagination.

in western kabbalism, the ze'al chakra corresponds roughly to the sephira of da'ath (duat) and the vibratory word that activates it in the golden dawn's middle pillar exercise is 'yhvh elohim.'

Kabbalah is itself a construct, and an overrated one at that.

From my meditative experience…this is normal, and, a gREAt??? Sign. After one has been consistently meditating for some time (again…this varies because of the practitoner), it’s quite “normal” to feel a slight increase shall we say, or an expansion almost of the physical brain in one’s head and a thickness in the area of the Ze’al Chakra.

Again, from my disciplines we never addressed the Occiput area as the actual Ze’al chakra…but the end result is still the same…a slight pressure in that area.

Also,

Just so everyone knows who experiences this, and how this will play into evocation -

1. We are getting familiar with our own bodies

2. We are getting familiar with our own minds

3. We are getting even more familiar with subtlety

Now, from what our dear friend E.A. says…evocation takes place within and without.

See the connection?

Hope this has helped

Interesting point PM,

I was taught that everything and I mean everything IS construct.

Constructs of The Mind.

In Buddhism, one takes the construct of Mind itself (a complete illusion) and uses that same construct for liberation.

Hey guys,

Just checking in with you all:

I’m on Day #3 here with my new Meditation regimen, which, is my “old” Meditation regimen. I’m setting aside 45min. and just going through the Steps as outlined in Method #2…it soooo easy.

I’ve also been regularly opening Azazel’s Sigil and others for the Evo course too.

Just to let you all know, in Method #2 of Ajaan Lee’s exercise, the Ze’al Chakra (although it is not addressed as such)…IS the very FIRST place that we start working with the breath energy.

I’ve had the "pressure’ sensation in this area as well as the other points address, which is a good sign. That means I’m building the energy in those area’s.

Now, how this has played out for me with Sigil Magick is the cascading energies came much faster for me and I was aware on a subtler level.

…jus’ sayin’

that is true. my understanding of points and channels isn’t from tcm, it’s actually from chaos magick. i got the idea from stephen mace in stealing the fire from heaven. the way he explained it there helped me finally make sense of the different systems of energy bodies that i have come across. i just apply the idea to tcm because its energy body diagram is by far the most complete of the esoteric ones i’ve come across

you’re right again. i was being fuzzy. the kind of energy i am referring to is the magickal world’s understanding of electromagnetism, or bioelectricity.

in esoteric anatomy it is believed that bioelectricity flows through the human body and also through the universe in channels. nobody has proven that idea yet so it lives on as a useful belief.

well, first off in tcm there are no chakras. but there are certain points along the vessels and meridians that act as crossroad points and they have more importance and potency than the other points which are not as penetrating. when i did a quick study of some of these power-points, it amazed me that most of them lie either on or near the indian chakras on both the front and the back of the human body. there are also other points that were nowhere near the seven chakras but later on i found out that the indians had what they call minor chakras which also correspond to some of the tcm points.

these points and channels are constructs and useful beliefs to help explain ideas and theories in occult research. they don’t exist just like the constellations don’t exist, but they are used as shortcuts to explain different modes of thought. i guess that is their real value. they’re not real but they are accepted as presuppositions in order to get on with the experiment

when it comes to the chakra flowers, i may well be wrong but it is my belief that those designs are ornamented sigils made to represent how patterns of light show themselves through and around those important points, kind of like the designs you see in kirlian photography. but i’m far from an expert on the issue so again that is just a useful belief for me until i find a better explanation

i’m not the biggest fan of kabbalah. to be honest, i feel that much of it is bullshit of the highest order. but everybody and their grandma recognizes and uses the qbl t so i tolerate it fwiw