Jehovah- rotten and mean as any

While your correct, historically, J had the same sound as I, it wasn’t until much later that it acquired the current sound that we’re familiar. For any of the Hebrew words with a J, it’s sufficient to replace it with a Y or an I if you’re requiring accuracy. So, Yacob, Yerushalayem, and Eliyah.

It’s a throwback to Mesopotamian mythology. El and Asherah had 70 Eloheim, each of the Eloheim is called an Eloah. The Eloheim each rule over a nation, and presumably Yahweh is the Eloah of Israel.

It’s not certain how Yahweh replaced El as the head of the pantheon.

We don’t know what Yahweh means, but it’s not Creator. The word meaning to create is Bara. which isn’t anywhere close to Yahweh.

Yahweh Eloheim just means Yahweh of the Sons of El.

Yes there is. Ehiah Asher Ehiah is from Exodus 3:14 where Moses asks for the name of the Eloah of his ancestors, and the Eloheim said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM.

Asherah was El’s consort. It’s not known when Yahweh replaced El as the head of the pantheon. There is no connection between Asherah and the Holy Spirit. Firstly, the Holy Spirit, being a non-corporeal being has no gender and can be neither a woman nor a man.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, that’s your personal opinion. I respect it, but what I mentioned is not an opinion. And I’m not going to argue about it. Ask a Jewish Rabbi, that all I can say :slight_smile:

You are right and wrong at the same time. I can’t explain more unfortunately so I will leave it at that.

False. You don’t know what Yahweh means.

False. That translation is a joke.

Again. False. There is no connection - that you know of - between Asherah and the holy spirit :slight_smile:

I suggest you research more on the topic, or believe what you want to believe that’s up to you. But don’t mix between what you think, what you personally know, and what is correct. The same goes for me and everyone. Most sources on those subjects are intentionally manipulated to force specific beliefs and ideas, you need to dig really deep to find the truth. Then at the end, let the evidence speak for itself, not what anyone says.

What I mention is the result of 30 years of study, personal teaching from extremely well educated people, and spiritual experience that can be verified and supported by evidence… not from Google :slight_smile:

So make of it what you wish. Have a nice day,

I don’t appreciate your patronizing tone and attitude. I’m done responding to you.

5 Likes

Great research you are spot on and i am in complete agreement.

4 Likes

You know your stuff. I did my research years ago, and verify most of what you wrote.

Avram was born in Ur, a town in Chaldea (southern Iraq). As such, he was from Mesopotamia. He travelled between Mesopotamia and Egypt as a high-ranking official in Chaldea, a city known for its sorceror-priests.

In Avram’s time, Elohim was a title used to describe the angels in Ugarit as being sons of El (aka sons of Athirat, his consort). El was an honorific title (as was Ba’al) for the Hittite god Hadad. In Torah, Haddad is Oliun. Oliun is called El Elyon (Most High El) in Judaism and Kabbalism. Oliun appointed an angel over Jewish people, which is hinted at in Deuteronomy 32:8:

Hebrew: בְּהַנְחֵל עֶלְיוֹן גּוֹיִם, {ס} בְּהַפְרִידוֹ בְּנֵי אָדָם; {ר} יַצֵּב גְּבֻלֹת עַמִּים, {ס} לְמִסְפַּר בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל. {ר}

Interlinear English: the Supreme One allots the nations into parts of the sons of Adam; he gives (sets) boundaries of people to number (define) the sons of Israel. (my VERY VERY ROUGH translation of the meaning of this verse)

To my way of thinking, the Elohim that visited Avram were the emissaries of Haddad, rather than being the Ashur Ehyeh that visited Moshe. I believe they’re different spirits appearing to different magicians in different eras, despite the common thread of them being the protectors of Avram’s descendents.

As far as IHVH is concerned, Nissim Amzallag (postdoctorate researcher at the Ben Gurion University of the Negev) has suggested IHVH as being the genius loci Shasu Iao in the Transjordan region south of the Dead Sea. As the link says, 'The Bible itself may contain a memory of this southern origin of Yahweh, as it tells us explicitly that God “came from Teman” (Habbakuk 3:3) or that he “went out of Seir” and “marched out of Edom” (Judges 5:4).

Rival scholar Thomas Römer agrees with Dr. Amzallag’s Edom/Jordan suggestion, but counters that Iao was a god of storms and winds rather than of fire. Römer’s research led to the publication of his book The Invention Of God.

It’s a bit of a distraction to get too deep into this stuff. Scholars have dedicated their lives to figuring this out, with no definite answer. For that reason, i’m not going to put too much thought into this area I’ll leave it to the professionals

3 Likes

Asherah aka Athirat is the consort of Haddad. Like Haddad, she also has honorific titles: Elat (goddess), and Qodesh (קָדוֹשׁ Qadosh, meaning ‘holy’ or ‘the one who is set apart’ in Hebrew). You’ll recognize Qadosh being namechecked as the Holy Spirit: in Isaiah 6:3 she is known as qdush, and Revelation 4:8 refers to her as hagios.

Clearly, the Holy Spirit is FEMININE.

4 Likes

Despite a little conflict of opinion, I am surprised and happily attentive to where this thread has gone. The main reason I commented is due to my personal study of the Ras Shamra texts with Tess Dawson some years ago. She is the founder of Natib Qadish which is a reconstructionist Canaanite religious practice. Tess would cringe at the thought of this place, but she is good people. She took issue with the Ordo Templi Astartes using Canaanite deities for ceremonial magic intentions without much personal emphasis of worship, hence the title “reconstructionist”, though she may deny it.

Asherah/Athiratu was the consort of El/I’lu. The Tanakh amusingly confused Asherah at times with Anat, who was the consort of Ba’al Haddad, the Storm god of Canaan according to the Ras Shamra. When the Hebrews adopted Asherah, they attached the goddess to their Midianite Thunder/Mountain deity Yahweh. Eventually Asherah was taken out of their pantheon possibly due to the patriarchal practices already given to their priestly station.

A good example of Asherah in the Tanakh is when Eliyahu was challenging the Priests of Ba’al(possibly Ba’al Bosheth) to ignite a fire to burn a sacrifice to their associated gods. The Priests of the Ba’al were murdered after Eliyahu was able to call down fire after the Ba’alists failed to do so, however mentioned being there the whole time observing were the Priest(esse)s of Asherah, watching diligently. Why were they not targeted for murder, or a challenge?

*to Note, Ba’al only means “Master”

3 Likes

Neither of those passages are referring to the Holy Spirit, both of which are referred to an enthroned Yahweh. Even if they were referring to the Holy Spirit, in both cases both the Hebrew and the Greek words are masculine. And so, are referring to a masculine object. I’m not sure about Hebrew, but the Greek word would need to be hagias to be referring to a feminine entity.

1 Like

Which is why there’s so much confusion about the Holy Spirit’s gender.

There’s quite a bit of mixup in Hebrew about the Names of G-d. Eloah is also a feminine-gendered word, but Eloah is a name for a masculine god. Technically, that name means ‘mighty, powerful one’ but realistically it means ‘goddess’ because it’s feminine. Kind of like calling a guy Stacey or Pat.

There’s also a dual form of Eloah in the name Elah, which is related to the Arabic Ilah (a god). The definitive Allah (THE god) is a masculine god, even though the word is still feminine. the gender change comes not from the word gendering, but the definitive prefix of the word Al’.

Go figure.

2 Likes

See, this is why it’s a waste of time to get too caught up in the minute details. It’s easy to lose the forest for the trees.

2 Likes

Bingo

2 Likes

Interesting how Haddad, Yahweh, Allah, are all storm gods. What is it with these middle eastern people and storms?

2 Likes

Exactly :+1:

1 Like

That is absolutely true. Today only few Jewish groups in Israel, Syria and Iraq who speak both Hebrew and Aramaic can still find Asherah clearly in scriptures. Even in the official O.T text. They know her story very well.

Yes that’s why there are Christian sects today who started recognize her as the holy spirit. The holy spirit in the bible is the only part of the trinity that is presented as a “ghostly” figure without a personality. A meaningless “presence” that nobody knows exactly what it is, because it was intentionally hidden from people to keep the monotheistic tone of the made-up religion, following the same steps of Judaism.

And the same thing also happened in Islam. Allat, the feminine aspect of Allah, was completely taken out of the original pagan religion of Arabia when Islam came out as a new version aiming to follow the monotheistic steps of Judaism and Christianity.

1 Like

Technically, the Holy Spirit is always referred to as a he, but that’s just because neither Hebrew nor Greek have neuter-gendered words like German and English. So, they defaulted to the masculine-gendered words, but I don’t believe that the Holy Spirit possesses a gender. Yahweh? Yes, he’s a masculine god. Yehushuya (Jesus), obviously he’s a guy. But, the Holy Spirit is a bit more nebulous.

Eloah is not a feminine-gendered word.

Neither is Allah, which comes from Al-Ilah “The God”. Al, which means the, has no gender, it is only an article of grammar.

Alternatively, it’s easy to come up with bizarre claims and ideas if you just make things up as you go and ignore evidence and facts in exchange for sensationalism.

1 Like

Allah is a male deity. His female aspect is Allat. Learn the language - learn anything ! - before you pretend to be an expert :slight_smile:

Yehushuya my ass !

2 Likes

False, the female word for The Goddess would be Al-ilaha. Al-lat is a Pagan Goddess, believed to either be the wife of Allah, or one of his daughters. Neither, lat or elat or ilat are Arabic words meaning goddess.

I don’t appreciate your patronizing attitude. I’m not an expert, nor have I ever claimed to be, but I’m good at research and I have a keen nose for bullshit. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Ok let’s take it one step at a time…

Al-ilaha means Goddess. ANY Goddess. Allah is not ANY God. He’s a specific God. His female aspect is Allat. Not Al-ilaha as it should be if Allah was just generic name for male deity, not a specific deity.

The “wife” of God, any God, is how the ancient understood and expressed what we now call, the female aspect of the same deity.

Al-ilah is the word that means God. THE God. But not a specific deity. Allah is a specific deity that’s why he’s called Al-ilah. For Arabs… Allah is AL-ilah. That’s why their “shahadah” says in Arbaic : La-ilah-illa-Allah. Meaning, Allah is one and only “ilah”. The one and only God.

Therefore, your claim that Allah means THE God is wrong.

Allah and Allat are from the same root word “LAH” in arabic it means the essence of God or “LAHOT”. The male version of it is “LAH” while the female is “LAT”. To translate it to English we would say that LAH means the male divinity and LAT means the feminine divinity. When you add AL which means THE in English, you give them a personality or character by identification. Therefore AL-LAH and AL-LAT are the same exact divinity but in male-female personalities. Both are known to ancient Arabs before Islam as a God and Goddess.

And that’s only regarding what you said about Allah… basically every single thing you said about Jesus and Yahweh etc are absolutely false but let’s take it one step at the time!

Listen to what I said and research when you have time. Then get back to me, if you wish, with what you find. I’m not into debates for the sake of it.

Yippee ki Yehushuya :v:

Yeah, you’re right.

On that note, on to the next thread. Cheers

4 Likes