I've seen the Abyss of Da'ath

I have never Astral Travelled, or travelled to Causal Plane, Mental Plane, Formative, etc. However, once, I bypassed all those planes entirely and found myself in the Abyss…

This is how it happened…

I was on Amanita Muscaria mushrooms, at my pot dealer’s house at the time, just having the experience of the trip. At some points, this strangest thing would happen… I would just, “check out” of my body, and find myself in this place where there was nothing but blackness in every direction as far as the eye could see. I could move about, but there was nothing but supreme darkness. And I knew I was in the abyss. This experience was very strange, as I could hear people talking to me, saying my name, poking me, because my consciousness having left my body would leave my physical body slumped over in the chair I was sitting in, and they wanted to make sure I was okay. I could hear them talking to me and stuff, but there was no way I could return to my body to respond to them…

So this leaves questions…

1. When travelling outside of the body, do you hear people talking to you? Feel them poking you? Or are you completely unaware of these things? As on the mushrooms, and having been forced out of my body, I could hear & feel them poking me, but I couldn’t return from the abyss to respond.

2. When doing such travel, do you… Do as I did, like, do you just basically retreat “inside your head” and all the travel takes place there? I felt like I basically just zoomed my consciousness inside my mind, and from there, went to the abyss?

I just remembered this now, and this experience reminds me that I have indeed travelled before outside my body, and therefore, I CAN do it again. Although travel was completely involuntary, I know I am capable.

1 - I dont know for the few times I’ve had a full OBE, there was noone around to poke me.

2 - Yeah, kinda like that. Not necessarily in my head though, but I feel my awareness retreating inwards. The first time I ever OBE’d I left my body through my feet though.

I usually do Astral Travel through a techinique called Bi-location, thats is basically about being in the astral while still aware of the physical also. Works just fine, including that I can make clear contact with other beings. Im partaking in an Astral Tournament in an OEC where I employed this method rather than a full OBE.

[url=http://community.psionnation.com/threads/astral-combat-progress.2338/]Loading...

That community has some guides on this technique, worthy spending a few minutes reading those.

Now, on Abyss, you have to have in mind that there’s a reflection of the Abyss in a place called Veil of Nephesh. Nephesh is the most instinctive part of the soul, there lies the power of the black magician, even though it has to be firstly worked out so to harness such power. The Veil of Nephesh lies btw Malkuth and Yesod, and even though it may seem to be the same as The Abyss, the energy pattern and psychological experience is totally different.

My experience of the Abyss is beyond ordinary rationale. It makes me conceive, accept and reject any idea at the same time, makes me care and be indifferent to anything. It has a logic behind, a mechanics, but the ordinary rational mind has to be expanded in order to grasp it. It about conceiving Love, then conceiving Hatred, but also that the true opposite of Love is the simple absence of Love, the Non-Love, so it is for Hatred, and you hold all those in your mind and behold how they are all real and valid, at the same time, but also how they are false, and reject them. All at the same time. Its the fission-fusion of every and any pattern, thought and idea you may have, reordering them in a higher octave in order to have access to the Supernal Spheres, and thus most inward Realms of your own being. If you let go of things while in Abyss, you cross it but cannot come back, if you hold them back, you never cross it. But if you do both at the same time, you MASTER it, and become the Lord of the Crossroads. I still have to master it.

What do you mean by cannot come back?! Do you die or something?!

It was an incredibly strange experience. There’s a few reasons for this though that I can conceive of. A. I wasn’t expecting such travel at all. B. I had never traveled before, and wasn’t even sure I was, until I received the impression that I was in the Abyss. C. I wasn’t aware that such was even possible on that substance, I had never done those mushrooms previous to that, nor have I ever done them again since.

Basically, having no experience in travel prior to the experience, I had nothing to relate it to!

Anyways, I was basically incapable of thought. I was just there, experiencing nothingness. And I would move to and from the Abyss without warning. I must have moved in and out at least five - seven times or so!

You dont die in a physical sense, but in a spiritual, yes. But thats not what I meant. You wont be able to come back in a sense that the transformation you will undergo will be permanent. While some in fact desire that, there are others that try to stay in the Abyss and master it. While the purpose of the former is Sammadhi, the later is about experiencing the Abyss per se.

Im starting to convince myself that Daath is the only real sphere, and all the others are merely illusions and compartimentalizations made out of man’s mind.

[quote=“Illustrious, post:3, topic:4136”]What do you mean by cannot come back?! Do you die or something?!

It was an incredibly strange experience. There’s a few reasons for this though that I can conceive of. A. I wasn’t expecting such travel at all. B. I had never traveled before, and wasn’t even sure I was, until I received the impression that I was in the Abyss. C. I wasn’t aware that such was even possible on that substance, I had never done those mushrooms previous to that, nor have I ever done them again since.

Basically, having no experience in travel prior to the experience, I had nothing to relate it to!

Anyways, I was basically incapable of thought. I was just there, experiencing nothingness. And I would move to and from the Abyss without warning. I must have moved in and out at least five - seven times or so![/quote]

Sometimes the “you cannot come back” can be more literal though in a sense. The abyss is the key behind reality shifts and shape shifts, in order to physically shapeshift or alter your reality in a big way crossing the abyss is key. If you want to swap minds with another person perminatnly crossing the abyss is also something you will need to do there. So yes, in the above cases it would be perminant, in some way or another you would never return to the version of reality you once knew. If you can make it back to the precipice try calling out for some giant chuthulu looking creatures that live around there, they can help guide you in how to do this.

Sooo,how do you “cross” the abyss? lol now im curious AF!

[url=http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib474.htm]http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib474.htm[/url]

The method presented in this book is about to enter the Abyss through the subtlest part of one’s intellect, called Neshama, but this same method, that is, of nullification, but now of the Self, is employed to cross it, the difference is that one crosses the Abyss as they reach the spiritual aspect of the soul, called Chaya.

While the destruction of the rationale through the the bearing of opposite ideas in the mind will make you enter the Abyss, Choronzon/Babalon will be the one that will lead you out of it, bringing your awareness to the level of the soul called Chaya.

On Choronzon, thelemites say you have to resist him, while sacrificing your Self in Babalon’s Cup, other groups say he has to devour your Self in order to allow the crossing. It is again the dicotomy of good-evil.

Actually, all this is about relinquishing the thought prior to the experience, to achieve the thought after the experience, that is, to have direct contact with your experience without the barrier of mind, to only then have your mental perceptions on it.

What is the purpose of crossing it though? Doesnt it destroy ones ego?

It’s a pretty damn short book!

And I myself am curious what the crossing of the Abyss’ purpose?

It seems this is the first thing one does following Knowledge & Conversation w/ Holy Guardian Angel?

Yep, it destroys the ego. The purpose of crossing the Abyss is to get in touch with the deepest spiritual nature of the magician. For what purpose depends on the system and your personal belief. In Crowley’s system it is to reach communion with the gods and your brethen, but if you read Karlsson Thomas’ Kabbalah, Qlipphot and Goetic Magic, you realize that the role the this crossing is to allow the magician to go even further on the tree, untill he reaches the final stage of Taumiel and the Universe B. Either way, the crossing is all about what I said, leaving a lofty, but still mind-based perception of your experiences to reach one much more sublime and ecstatic, of a spiritual order. This seem useless, and in fact is, unless you use this new dimension of your being as an extension of your inner god. Then new possibilities opens for you.

[quote=“Illustrious, post:9, topic:4136”]It’s a pretty damn short book!

And I myself am curious what the crossing of the Abyss’ purpose?

It seems this is the first thing one does following Knowledge & Conversation w/ Holy Guardian Angel?[/quote]

Depends on how you work the tree. If you work only the Middle Pillar, then yes. But from personal experience, even if work only the MP, you have to deal with the other ones.

But the most usual method of pathworking the tree is by making yoir way through each sphere, and the paths that connect them.

1 Like

I plan to ascend the grades of the A.A. System within the Invisible House. So I will eventually walk every Path of the Tree, and dwell in every Sephira. This will eventually come to the crossing of the Abyss!

I list a bunch of reasons why one might want to do it in my post also what Diazin said.

The reasons for “Crossing the Abyss” is to be a Dimensional Walker/World Walker. Besides walking the tree (most Occultists equate it to something spiritual), it can actually be used to change your present “Physical Reality Circumstances.”

How so? Well you are playing with things like sacrificing your elder self for example. For some sorcerors its a Matter of Sacrificing a Body (energy body form) and getting a new body, which equates with being in a New Dimension/Time-line… hence a new set of Physical circumstances… said underlying energy pattern then determines the relationship you have with the people around you… because OBVIOUSLY, your Psychic Energetic Makeup will determine how you relate with others around you.

Concerning your Holy Guardian Angel… one does not have to go through all the Grimoire junk to get in touch with this Highest Self… an easier way to look at it is to think of this Abyss Walking self… as your DoppelGanger/Magickal Astral Double Self…but WAIT!!!

So putting this Doppelganger into the context of a World-Walker and an HGA… how does this all relate? Think of it as having many Alternative World/Dimensional selves… so basically one Evokes the Spirit of ones Self from another Alternative Reality. This is my terminology, but here it goes:

One has a Daemonic Self (not necessarily goetia) which is essentially the Lower Self, which represents the Past/Present, and one has an Angelic Self which is a Higher self aspect and represents the Future… hence Angels being “messengers,” and thus “Guides.” So one basically evokes ones Daemonic Angel self from an Alternative World… where one will then have ones “Daemonic Self” leading one to ones self in the Future of where ones Bio-Energetic Angelic Informational Body exists… which is in a sense one is catching up with ones self of a Future point.

Hence, one is jumping the Abyss… however, this will also depend on what sort of Magick you utilize with this information, as different energy/spirits effect things differently regarding things like dimensions/time/space.

da’ath is lost in the abyss, and to bring it forth one must master the energies of the abyss. of course the side effect is total madness. a few of you in this post seem to have tasted of the madness.

Thanks for the insight Diazin. I’m currently stuck in the abyss and I’m unsure how to move forward. I’ve dealt with my ego being obliterated and I’ve learned a lot from gaining this kind of knowledge but it still seems as if my mundane self and my higher self are still fighting each other for control.

I have great days when I literally feel like a divine emanation of my higher self and then other days I’m cold and I want to plunge myself into the deepest darkest depths of hell because I’m a glutton for torment. I don’t get it. I’ve got the understanding to move forward but something is hindering me and I don’t know what it is.

Perhaps, I’m bipolar and I can’t make up my mind. I see the logic in both Karlsson’s goal and the anti-cosimic goal for ascent. On the flipside this is probably the natural order of things, especially with all the meditation I’ve been doing.

I 'm not too interested in ascent and not at all in losing my ego. Would this be classified as right hand path?

If you working with the likes of “succubus” - which you seem to have some interests of - ascent workings could be applicable, and your ego could be challenged, too.

Most egocentric workings seems to be a part of the left hand path, if I’m correct, but ascent work were ego is not in the centre works better towards pacts and relationships with spirits or enteties. Why is it like that? Because development is beneficial for all involved, magician and spirits included.

Not technically. The way I see it the Satanist should be driven to experience all the aspects of the self. It is through this self knowledge one can free themselves of their spiritual shackles and ascend as a God.

“Losing your ego” is usually a Right-Hand Path thing, in which you have to lose the kind of container of selfhood you’re existing in to merge back to Source, like a river merges back to the ocean. Or go to heaven, through complete submission of will to the laws of “God.”

Ascent is just a word, it probably means different things to all of us.

If you can get hold of it, Stephen Flowers’ book “Lords Of The Left-Hand Path” goes into this in more detail, including the inevitable comments that the term “LHP” has to do with Hinduism, and that it had the same goals. That’s true but also unhelkpful since the entire terminaology has evolved since then to mean distinct outcomes, ones better understood and practiced by the ancient Pharoahs and other God Kings (and occasionally Queens) who aspired to divinity, or at least divine levels of power, within their incarnate lives and in the afterlife.

This being August :o) makes that especially relevant.

“Losing your ego” is usually a Right-Hand Path thing, in which you have to lose the kind of container of selfhood you’re existing in to merge back to Source, like a river merges back to the ocean. Or go to heaven, through complete submission of will to the laws of “God.”

Ascent is just a word, it probably means different things to all of us.

If you can get hold of it, Stephen Flowers’ book “Lords Of The Left-Hand Path” goes into this in more detail, including the inevitable comments that the term “LHP” has to do with Hinduism, and that it had the same goals. That’s true but also unhelkpful since the entire terminaology has evolved since then to mean distinct outcomes, ones better understood and practiced by the ancient Pharoahs and other God Kings (and occasionally Queens) who aspired to divinity, or at least divine levels of power, within their incarnate lives and in the afterlife.

This being August :o) makes that especially relevant.[/quote]

I agree. I guess it really depends on the path of the magician as well. This absolute submission of will can be seen in the Qliphoth when or if the magician decides to melt away in the womb of Kali or Tiamat (the deities seem to be interchangeable depending on the path working).

I think this form non-being can be seen as a state of stasis though because the magician can leave this state if he/she chooses to do so.