I've heard of people working with Eris. Why?

I think a lot of it comes from the ever popular book, the Principa Discordia. It makes her look good, like a fun deity to work with, especially for noobs who don’t necessarily believe in this stuff anyway.

1 Like

Sometimes the one thing you really need in life is a bit of Chaos.

1 Like

I work with Eris, or at least an an egregore that embodies aspects of Eris. I seem to thrive in chaotic environments, and it is a secret I kept from myself, so I was seduced by Eris. I am a embarrassed to say it on an open forum. She is not the only chthonic deity I interact with. I knew Persephone longer and she introduced me to Eris last year because she though we would hit it off.

It is kind of annoying though. I recently figured out that I had depersonalization-derealization as the root of my anxiety, but the pinheaded “Professional Help” couldn’t properly diagnose and treat it because they were too attached to their description and the status quo.

One possible solution to my predicament is to art my way out of it, but I am resisting because I feel like I am being played, though I do have issues with trusting because I been played many times before.

1 Like

Amazing.

1 Like

I don’t get the feeling that Eris doesn’t want to work with @itssebastienc. She just alternates between being cold, bitchy, and cynical; and open, funny, and helpful. I suspect psychoanalysts would say she has Borderline Personality Disorder. This statement probably says more about me than it does about her.

2 Likes

I don’t think a person should really go off the “feeling” someone gets about an entity working with them if the person is not really relevant to the relationship you are forming or if they have not divined it and simply going off feeling alone.

I however, find it’s really just up to the Deity/Entity and the individual if they can handle the energy the entity gives off. Though he says he’s only curious not aiming to work with her, atleast after he deleted his interest in becoming initiated by her which imo is not a good idea, simply because of their past reaction to chaos deities.

3 Likes

It probably has more to do with her frequent appearances in entertainment media, some explicitly by name. Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Dreamworks Sinbad, and KonoSuba to name a few off the top my head. Do you think Principia Discordia makes Eris look good? I am not sure we got the same translation.

3 Likes

Without Chaos one would not strive to become better. If everything was in order constantly no one would have the drive to overcome anything and everyone would become complacent. So chaos breaks the order so the complacent things that don’t work are destroyed for better things to take there place.

1 Like

Where you took that from? First of all she’s usually focused on other gods if you follow Homer story. Her daughters are more focused on humans :slight_smile:

Not exactly, that is modern concept, discordians like to present. She is goddess of discord. Discord is very useful. If you want to win over a united group or clique you can wish to make discord among them, so they become weaker.

Divide et Impera
Discord is very useful strategy in media, war, business and politics. And among the trolls. I see many reasons to work with Eris. Just because she doesn’t fit our idea of comfort it doesn’t mean she’s not beneficial in her way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I believe she was known as a goddess of chaos and discord, not just the latter.

1 Like

I’m just curious :raccoon:. Give me a couple reasons why YOU see it as beneficial to work with her along with scenarios if you’d like.

I could see working with her benefical when dealing with a group of people against you to cause strife within the group. Essentially tearing the bigger enemy from within so they can no longer be an obstacle.

3 Likes

Since Eris is a goddess of chaos. I’d assume that in terms of benefits, she’d curse the enemies of those who work with her.

Eris is CHAOS, chaos is EVERYTHING, thats sort of the essence of my work with her. Sharing only because it seems like many here misunderstand her, though im sure thats per her design.

3 Likes

(Posts below this are from another topic where @itssebastienc was questioning responses received, which let people to suggest Eris’ influence may already be at work.)

1 Like

I’m just sitting here, chuckling at every direction since the previous thread.
Good job Eris! And no one noticed!
High five

13 Likes

You’re implying that Eris influenced this situation :thinking:?

4 Likes

Sounds like we were both thinking the same thing.

6 Likes

You think Eris has something to do with this?

2 Likes