I've been told that I have a savior complex

OK. And to some degree I do. So what does one do when he or she sees someone worth saving?

4 Likes

Fuck 'em! :wink:

Do what you gotta do, you can’t please everyone and some people will call you one thing, some people will call you another, it’s their internal inadequacies most of the time.

Be true to yourself and you’re home free. :wink:

11 Likes

Every time I have ever tried that the person ends up hating me. Better to figure out how to save yourself. If you can do that effectively then those worth saving will ask you how to do it for themselves through your own experience.

6 Likes

I honestly dont think theres anything wrong with that. Someones gotta play the knight in shining armor.
Just as long as you dont lose yourself over people who just dont want to be helped. Sometimes there are just people who you’d give your heart and soul for, but it wouldn’t make a smidge of difference because they don’t want to be saved. So I think it’s important to have a healthy balance and not lose yourself in the process.
I only say that because I used to have a savior complex too haha. If someone cried, I cried with them. I’d be there for them through ups and downs… but when it came down to it, they were in love with their sorrow and wallowed because that’s what was comfortable to them. Which is fine.
But back then I guess I was still a pretty young empath and i didn’t know how to not experience the emotions of others as if they were my own.
Then in the end most of them ended up stabbing me in the back soooo…
Yea… worrying about others wellbeing more than my own was a huge waste of timme…

4 Likes

Yeah, animals are good in that regard! :wink:

Haters gonna hate, but along comes time and sets all things straight.

4 Likes

As someone who can relate deeply, the best advice I can give you is to try your best but set boundaries and know that you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. Even trying might be more than anyone has ever done for that person and you never know what it could do for them, but don’t let assisting others interfere too heavily with your personal life.

4 Likes

Thanks. Even though I knew that, confirmation is always good. It breaks my heart to how true things are. That’s the life of a realistic person.

4 Likes

Being a realist and an idealist is a curse, but a great one. You get the most out of both perspectives. “I see the reality if the situation but hoping for the best is in my best interest.”
Sometimes we run into that wall where we know it’s too far gone and we can’t give anymore, but we just want to keep trying. It’s a true testament to how deep our hearts and minds are.

5 Likes

With all that is going on in the world I cry inside and I just want to take a few to the side and say “hey there’s a better way” but I know that they won’t see it until they want too or its to late.

2 Likes

I have a messianic complex, as well.
To some degree, everyone has some sort of it, present. But it’s more concentrated in people, like us.
It can be a great tool, if you could focus it, into reality, and not let it run wild, or in other term, in delusions.

2 Likes

That is the worst part of loving the people around us, probably more than we love ourselves. Sometimes we just have to swallow the reality and remember it is our responsibility to help create a better world so others need not carry this burden.

3 Likes

I agree completely.

1 Like

True.

I have a whole project, based from my messianic complex, planned for soon, and on which, I’m working on, since a few months.
Do you plan to do anything, in this world?

1 Like

I’m going to Ascend. Make my life better for myself. And when I leave this plane of existence make sure that my family are safe and secure for when they “wake up”.

3 Likes

Sweet. Interested in talking, privately? I am.

1 Like

OK. Anytime.

Had this weird thought of put a sword through their chest… maybe it’s a thought? Lol

What? :neutral_face:

1 Like

You know what Harvey Dent says, “you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

But you know lol

1 Like