Its a me... again... pt.1

I have a couple questions, so I will split this into a few topics. Once again, thank you all for any advice forthcoming:
When I began again in earnest over a few months ago, I came searching for answers on rekindling my ability to astral project. I have been meditating as suggested by others, and have not really been sure as to my improvement or not. I can feel my body and energy around me, and sometimes my senses seem to be slightly heightened, but i am having trouble turning off my inner monologue which seems to still be a constant diatribe of all my life’s greatest hits whether i want them or not. Is there a way to work past myself or tell myself innately to shut the f up?

1 Like

What are you currently doing to try to accomplish this?

Maybe try it in steps? I’m betting by the shut the fuck up brain comment that you’re getting frustrated at these racing thoughts? Its making it hard to maintain focus.

My first recommendation would be to learn to be ok with your racing thoughts instead of allowing them to create other emotions that distract you even further. Learn to notice the distracted thoughts and say oh ok and return to focus.

When I began my meditation journey I came across a post by darkestknight. He was speaking of a book “path notes of an American ninja master” in that book he spoke of a technique called Dr deaths badass brain scrub. What it boils down to is this.

Get into your meditative state and close your eyes. On the back of your eye lids imagine the number one. You can say it out loud if it helps or not, choice is yours. Next see the number 2 and every second keep seeing the next number in sequence. Keep doing this untill you become distracted. Every time you get distracted start back at 1. The goal is to see how far you can make it before you become distracted. This will help you train yourself.

Side note. Per the book the average person makes it to 6 seconds.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. Yeah, the whole inner monologue has bothered me my whole life. It’s great for remembering things, but it also brings with it every bad decision and mistake i’ve made in 4k Ultra HD lol. I haven’t tried the number approach, but it sounds like it might help with building patience at the very least, which would still be good for any of us i’m sure. I will try it tonight and throw it into the routine and see how it goes.

1 Like

It’s hard to follow with multiple threads. You might get more responses if you just asked all the questions in one thread, there was no need to make multiple threads with different parts. It’s ok to ask many questions in one thread.

2 Likes

roger. will do that in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like