It took me very long but I think I finally arrived

Hello everyone,

I am new not just in this forum but in this “alternative spiritual journey” (apologies if this term I am using sounds pedantic or inauthentic, I am learning)

Anyway, my name is Julio and was brought up in a very devout Catholic family. First, I fell out of the religion because I could not reconcile the rejection against my sexuality. Then, for a time I was more of an agnostic with no specific religious affiliation but would still tend to believe in a god akin to the Christian god. Next, I became an atheist as I ascribed to a more intellectual outlook, evolution and stuff.

But the thing is, I always had strange lucid dreams that became more intense and detailed as I grew older. These dreams all through the years were consistent in its imagery: a lone tree with barely no leaves, it’s bark black and scorched, a fire burning at the foot of the tree, and someone sitting by the fire face hidden by a veil or a hood.

Anyway, i have endeavoured to finally attend to these dreams in different methods including psychiatric consultation (yes it is that intense in the recent years), but no satisfactory results.

Now, I have began to understand it and I have finally come to embrace the secret legacy of my mother’s bloodline long held in very strict secrecy.

I am just beginning in this journey and taking one small step at a time as I read through my mom’s family grimoire (my maternal grandmother specifically asked my mom to personally hand it to me as one of her dying wish that I have to organise to go home while the pandemic just began).

I do hope to make some connection even if just digitally.

Sincerely I remain
Julio

5 Likes

Welcome @jcdm86

If I am understanding you correctly, you do not yet have any practical experience in magick, and are just beginning your explorations?

Hi - if actively and intently doing it, yes you could say that. You see I was not into these things as any form of “spirituality” if you could call that, was not in my “radar” having experienced the oppressiveness of religion as practiced by my family - father’s side.

But certain things happened in the last couple of years until the death of my maternal grandmother and inheriting the family journal that clearly announced that this was my path.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and Good Luck on your journey :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi Julio, welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you’re looking for here. There’s a wealth of information available, just use the search function to find it. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t be afraid to start a new topic.

Welcome to BALG my friend.

Thanks to all who have afforded me a warm welcome, I appreciate it.

Welcome, Julio. You will gain great knowledge here. There is a vast archive of information here at BALG. Just be respectful and I wish you the best in your endeavors.

1 Like

Welcome, Julio! The search option is great for answering questions you may have. Your sharing is appreciated.

1 Like