Is this true?

Is it true that if a demon knows your name it can be used against you in an incantation?

Where the fuck did you get this from? Hahaha!

Where the fuck did you get this from? Hahaha![/quote]

A friend a mine who “practices” black magick warned me never to give up any information on myself. Specifically my full name and date of birth.

Your friend doesn’t practice any magick, he’s a roleplayer. Spirits know your name even before you summon them. And they know you better than yourself.

Humans are FAR more likely to use that info against you than a demon ever would be. They wouldnt need it.

That’s why he warned me though. He said if ever have an experience where I encounter a demon without calling on it myself, to make sure not to give it my name and other important information.

There’s a chance it came to me of its own free will, but there’s also a chance someone sent it. And if that’s the case, I don’t want any information being relayed to said person.

That’s why he warned me though. He said if ever have an experience where I encounter a demon without calling on it myself, to make sure not to give it my name and other important information.

There’s a chance it came to me of its own free will, but there’s also a chance someone sent it. And if that’s the case, I don’t want any information being relayed to said person.[/quote]
I’m gonna repeat what elison said, a spirit doesn’t need your name or info if it wants to do something to you, its just not the way things work on that plane. A person has many more identifying aspects than just a name and series of numbers. Learn banishment and concealment

And if you’re really worried, set up some astral caltrops and booby traps to smash entities that would like to view you.

Those links are not needed by spirits, thy are used by magicians as links to target to help identify a “target” and even they are not necessary for all purposes. They may increase the potency of the spell/ritual but if someone skilled enough wants to get to you they can be it a screen name, a picture, or simply naming you in a way that identifies you to them such as “my enemy”, “my future love” etc. The naming or creating a link between the magician and the target is what allows the spirit to know who is being referred to.

Think about it like this; how many guys named David Jones were born on today’s date? Safe bet is it’s AT LEAST more than the one David Jones you want to perform a spell on. The spirit understands what specific David Jones your trying to reach.

It would be hilarious if a spirit showed up at the wrong guys house due to a mix up.

Guy is watching tv as an apparition manifests before him.
Spirit-"John Smith?"
John-"OMG…yes?!“
Spirit-” I have been called to exact vengeance against yooouuuu!"
John-"Holy shit, what the fuck did I do?!?"
Spirit-"Your transgressions of infedlity against the one known as Paula will not be tolerated!"
John-"Wait what? Paula? Who the hell is Paula? Dude I’m gay!"
Spirit-"Huh?“
John-“Gay, I like guys” points to picture of him and lover.
Spirit-” John Smith, born 2-12-77, blonde hair, hazel eyes. Lives at 123 Boulder lane?"
John-"North…Boulder lane north"
Spirit-“North?” An invoice appears in his hands. "North, ah man…shit, I’m sorry"
John-"Seriously?“
Spirit-” Yeah…my bad, see she was crying on the paper and its smudged."
John-"Get out."
Spirit-"Absolutely, and really I’m sorry about the mix up…hey, so is Boulder Lane North like just up the road or something? I’m totally lost…bitch gave me directions from Map Quest."
John-“LEAVE!”

Tell your friend not to get his information on Black Magick from the Dresden Files.