Is this soul travel?

As I work my way through the First Flame of the OAA, I’m having more and more experiences where I go into a deeper trance state.

During this deeper state, I’m completely unaware of my physical body and I lose all sense of time. I can remain in that state for 10 minutes or an hour and I can’t tell the difference.

In my imagination, I’m also experiencing my thoughts and actions becoming one. In other words, the moment I think it I’m also doing it. That’s clearly different than the way my mind words in my normal waking state.

Are these legitimate soul travel experiences? How do you experience soul travel?

1 Like

Soul travel implies that there’s somewhere to go, which is really more of an analogy than an accurate description.

If I can be sitting on my bed and then (whether or not I vis. an interface, like the World Tree, or a lift) I’m “there” conducting a conversation with a spirit, in their realm, arguably I haven’t “gone” anywhere (unlike travelling across the spacetime perception of reality, for say 20 miles).

With core shamanic journeying, one hallmark of a successful journey is that while at the time the nagging thought “Is this just in my head?” may be present, when you get back, write up your notes, and think back to what happened, the vividness of the memories will be as strong as your memories of events in the everyday world, and unless you were distracted out of the journey, you’ll have next to no memory of your body here in normal life during the trance.

If you’re experiencing that, then you’re doing something right.

Ok, that’s very useful. That’s exactly what’s happening. It seems like a real memory and I have no memory of my physical body.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:7869”]Soul travel implies that there’s somewhere to go, which is really more of an analogy than an accurate description.

If I can be sitting on my bed and then (whether or not I vis. an interface, like the World Tree, or a lift) I’m “there” conducting a conversation with a spirit, in their realm, arguably I haven’t “gone” anywhere (unlike travelling across the spacetime perception of reality, for say 20 miles).

With core shamanic journeying, one hallmark of a successful journey is that while at the time the nagging thought “Is this just in my head?” may be present, when you get back, write up your notes, and think back to what happened, the vividness of the memories will be as strong as your memories of events in the everyday world, and unless you were distracted out of the journey, you’ll have next to no memory of your body here in normal life during the trance.

If you’re experiencing that, then you’re doing something right.[/quote]

Hmmm. I’ve had experiences in the Past via Astral Travel, Etheric Travel and Dream Walking, Lucid Dreaming of actually being in two places at once. One was my actual Body, and the other was whereever I was going to. I’ve also had an experience of being “Tri-Located” which was my Body, and then splitting my awareness into more than one at the Traveled environment.

[quote=“valkarath, post:1, topic:7869”]As I work my way through the First Flame of the OAA, I’m having more and more experiences where I go into a deeper trance state.

During this deeper state, I’m completely unaware of my physical body and I lose all sense of time. I can remain in that state for 10 minutes or an hour and I can’t tell the difference.

In my imagination, I’m also experiencing my thoughts and actions becoming one. In other words, the moment I think it I’m also doing it. That’s clearly different than the way my mind words in my normal waking state.

Are these legitimate soul travel experiences? How do you experience soul travel?[/quote]

hahaha you nailed it!

the problem is only with STABILIZATION!

you see, we are used viewing this 3d material and to us it seems stable.

but the inner world is extremely unstable, and our work here is to stabilize the inner experience.
make it important, and it will stabilize itself out of sheer necesity.

all you experience is real, unfortunately :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info and support, everyone.

... actually being in two places at once.

I’m experiencing something similar to that when I do work with my tarot cards.

I was recently guided to a mental or astral ritual by my spirit companion. It helps me open my intuition by strengthening our connection while I’m reading the tarot.

It’s very odd because I’m in a light trance state and I have two distinct sets of memories. One from my physical body and one from my energy body. I’m fine with either set, but I can’t quite seem to merge them together into a timeline.

It’s hard to describe because I’m aware of both the physical reading and the astral ritual at once, but my focus shifts inward or outward several times throughout the reading.

I recall both of them as clear memories, but I can’t put them together into the correct order at all. Like “this happened in the physical, then this happened in the astral”.

Honestly, I just gave up trying to consolidate them into one unified memory. lol

I think I know what this is. You’ve become directly aware of how your focused attention is creating the content of your dreams.

Every now and then I run into someone who claims to have complete control over their dreams all the time. Took me a long time to figure out this is what they were talking about. Technically, they are right, but ultimately they still lack control of how they focus that attention. Like a synchronicity you didn’t intend, sure you did it, but you didn’t do it on purpose, so I wouldn’t call that control.

If you’ve got a ritual that can get you that that state of mind reliably, by all means explore it. But don’t just be a passive observer, experiment.

You've become directly aware of how your focused attention is creating the content of your dreams

This has nothing to do with a dream. I’m entering this state through active meditation.

If you've got a ritual that can get you that that state of mind reliably, by all means explore it. But don't just be a passive observer, experiment.

Right there with ya. :slight_smile: I actively explore and experiment.

You sure it has nothing to do with a dream? Perhaps you just took a different route to get to the same place.

Yep, completely sure.

Since the first post in this thread, I’ve entered the state many times.

I can “flick” my consciousness back to my physical body, open my eyes, perform a physical action or read a question from a piece of paper, while I’m still aware of the “other reality”, then switch back to it when I close my eyes and relax back into it. Right now, it’s my most reliable form of spirit communication.

Right now, it's my most reliable form of spirit communication.
Will you share the mental or astral ritual you used to first enter that state…what she guided you to do to get into that communication mode?

I learned to get into the required state through active meditation.

In other words, I was performing a meditation exercise like imagining a certain color of candle burning and allowing the impressions from it to come to me.

At a certain point, I lost track of my physical body and all sense of time.

From time to time, I would end up somewhere else. I just flowed with it and allowed the experience to unfold.

As I practiced the meditations more, I found I could reach that state much more easily and quickly.

To get into a light trance state for mental communication, I just do this:
(1) Center myself with three cleansing breaths.
(2) Relax and soften my gaze.
(3) Intone the name of the spirit I wish to connect with over and over until “it feels right”.
(4) Say the spirit’s name and “Come to me! Settle in close to me so that our communication is strong and clear.”

Those are the basics.

During ritual work, I also use a bowl of water or fire as a gateway and sigils to focus on.

Then when I feel the time is right, I call the spirit to come. I close my eyes and allow my imagination to see what it will see.

Sometimes the sigil appears as a gateway in my mind. Sometimes I see the spirit walking across an open grassy field walking toward me beneath the full moon. Sometimes I’m in a desert under the burning sun.

The important part is to allow it to unfold and to “play with it” to get your conscious or “critical” mind out of the way.

I personally feel the spirit “pop through” the gateway and settle in deeply around me. I usually feel it as pressure and vibration in my crown chakra, the back of my head, the tops of my shoulders, and my upper back.