Is this a seal, some background info would be nice

Does anybody know what this is? I hope to get a little background info.

It’s from a Roman church in Sicily. Saw it on social media, but a reverse image search gives me no clue at all

It looks like a sigil

6 Likes

It started to open from for me.

2 Likes

Did you scan it?

@Twilight_Dragon

1 Like

It’s from the Basilica of Aquileia. I can find a lot of paintings back, but not this one.

CyriaCevibas means eternal life after death…

2 Likes

I found this.

4 Likes

Basilica di Sant’Eufemia Routes for Walking and Hiking

2 Likes

Many thanks @anon91199039 now I know the history!

1 Like

This Church was rebuild (2 fires) on a Pagan cemetry and a place of Pagan worshipping.
Elias was the Patriach who renewed/rebuild it. And the picture I’ve shared was his monogram.
He didn’t wan’t to allign to the Roman Church even with much pressure they couldn’t persuade him.

4 Likes

This is not a seal but a sigil, i.e. a . of different letters to form a symbol

1 Like

Going on the vibes it gives me, Angelic but not of the known Archangels rather this one seems to be a watcher and defender (kinda like Heimdall). Maybe this Angel was a guardian who protected the place??

2 Likes

I also got the name Marbas from it. Could it be an Angelic or light aspect of his??

2 Likes

Hey @Twilight_Dragon , you could be right. Because he gave the order rebuild that church on buriel ground of a Pagan cemetery. So I think it would be quite common to feel borth energies. Thank you

1 Like

Borgy, here made this for you

3 Likes

It appears to be on the floor … this is from pinterest.

My guess would be it’s the seal of a family, person or order connected with the building in some way. According to this article, an earthquake hit it and there has been a lot of restoration, not sure if this flooring was or wasn’t part of that.

But I don’t speak Italian, there may be some better Italian language virtual tours or yt videos that could talk about it maybe?

3 Likes

@Mulberry Thanks for adding it. It was from the Patriarch of that Church, he lead the rebuild it after it burned down.

Because people helped searching i’ve got a lot more understanding now.

1 Like

Many thanks @Healing_Heart

I you find anymore seals/sigils to make let me know, I enjoy making these

1 Like

Cool, I will

1 Like