Is there any validity to the law of attraction?

Law of attraction is cause and effect (reaping and sowing) with a positive mindset, well at least to me. When I was learning about it I figured that if it works one way then it has to work the other way. Think of it like this. If someone is constantly overeating and not taking care of themselves then inevitably they’ll gain weight. They didn’t necessarily plan that, but the actions they made ultimately led them into manifesting that one thing. Now the exact opposite can happen with eating healthy and working out. All the working (sowing) will lead to the that person becoming healthy and physically fit(reaping). I know this isn’t a fitness question, but this is the bes mehod I can explain it to get my point across. Now mentally you thinking about what you want and feeling it CAN help, but it will not bring it to you. The Law of Action says in order to manifest dream and desires, action needs to be taken accordingly. With all the action and work you’re putting in daily, it will lead you into a mindset and give you confidence for whatever you’re wanting to manifest. In other words it HAS to happen. This law whether you believe it or not, IS going to work. Another thing the Law of Attraction is only one of many laws of the universe you should learn. I would say there are 12 main laws of the universe(This being one of them) followed by a lot lesser laws that still have truth and meaning to it. Research them and you can use them to attain all of your desires. I really hope you do look into them. They’ll change your life like they changed mine. Good luck on this path and many blessings.

1 Like

I think that’s true and need to do away with it lol. I’ve interpreted it as a means of being open to possibilities but even that leads to problems.

2 Likes

No such thing as “the law of attraction” in my opinion. It’s a mix of basic occult knowledge and self help subconscious programming.

For this to work, and not cause the opposite or nothing at all, there are specific steps needed. They didn’t mention them in the original movie-book.

For example, and most important, achieving a trance state. Which is called “the vortex” in their follow up material - hundreds of books, dvds and endless courses!.. Without this state, the subconscious will resist any thought or idea or impressions. Causing the opposite to manifest, if the will or force was strong enough.

Thoughts in their basic consious form, are without any magickal or spiritual effect. But they may become trigger that creates desire, and desire creates will power, then a conscious action follows. On a spiritual or magickal level, thought must be transformed into subconscious belief. A blelif is a subconscious conviction or an accepted conclusion of a specific idea as true, by the conscious mind. That’s when the subconscious starts to act upon it, and you receive what you believe.

The way the law of attraction is presented is misleading at best. Causing a cult like movement of people acting like zombies. Ignoring reality and acting as if, as they were told. To stay “positive” and attract what they want instead of what they don’t want !!! “The universe loves you” replaced “Jesus loves you”… Everything else exactly the same. Ignorant masses following money sucking con artists selling happy dreams and feel-good mental drugs.

Read the kybalion instead of watching “the secret”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, exactly. The reason my boyfriend thinks so negatively is also because he thinks of all the possibilities too. But thinking of bad things still welcomes it in. Even if it’s from a logical thought.

1 Like