Is there any justice out there?

I for one, believe in Karma, but not in your lifetime but i your reincarnations. Hypothetical example: A torturer is an early incarnation of the ones tortured.
You torture yourself in the end.

But it gets too close to religion, no way of knowing precisely I think. Still, that is what I believe

1 Like

Greecya

You bring up something which has been on my mind lately.

I am reminded of the fragment of the Medea of Euripides with this argument…
“flow backward to your sources, oh sacred rivers…and let the world’s great order be reversed”…specifically the gods answer Jason when he asks how the sun and moon can stand when Medea kills their children.

But Jason never looks to himself for fault. Never.

Yet Euripides, this Greek, educated and celebrated man, has more compassion for a witch and a foreigner who murdered her kinsman than for Jason.

The creation of the court system in ancient Greece, from the damned house of Atreus itself, came about from a cry for justice. Agamemnon murdered his daughter. His wife and her lover murdered her husband, her son murdered his mother and the lover. And Athena, in Her great wisdom, created the courts to end the cycle of violence, and to give a voice to the powerless. Injustice does not go on forever. This man will learn that “the mighty blows of fate…will teach us wisdom”.

He may receive healing, but he will become as Sisyphus, pushing his own stone in Hades.

Diogenes

2 Likes

How’s life in the clay pot?

1 Like

Τhank youuu so much dear!!:v:
But let’s pray for her :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The only requirement is that you genuinely feel deserving/worthy enough to receive the healing and to do the required inner work.

1 Like

Ιts wonderful to see someone who knows the Greek mythology so well, which travels around the world :slightly_smiling_face:
This topic with the justice and the punishment reminds me also the hybris and nemesis, the (bad) behaviour that causes the corresponding punishment :

“Hubris from ancient Greek ὕβρις,
describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish often in combination with (or synonymous with) arrogance”…
“In Ancient_Greek, hubris referred to “outrage“: actions that violated natural order, or which shamed and humiliated the victim, sometimes for the pleasure or gratification of the abuser.”

Nemesis , also known as the goddess Rhamnous, appears chiefly as the inescapable avenger of crime and the punish-er of those who succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods). She is the spirit of divine retribution."

3 Likes

I doubt that it could be so simple and easy…but thank you for your insight! :ok_hand:

1 Like

The statues…I beg before them, and they say nothing! Yet those that I wish would turn to statues…still they speak and are not silent!

But I would still be any man other than Alexander.

1 Like

The longer I live, the less I believe in coincidence.

So many myths, religions have too many similarities for it to be a total and pure coincidence.

1 Like

Work on eliminating your doubt, and you’ll see for yourself.

2 Likes

I think justice exists but it tends to be more of a long term long game kind of proposition. Evil is sickness, sickness culls and some shit’s gotta get culled.

1 Like

I would say justice do exist, just that very little percentage actually happens. too little.

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:
I m just wondering, who is bringing those “lessons”,and how are they being arranged to each one of us…

1 Like

There is kind of a bummer with Karma being “only” the binding effects of action (thought and speech included) both good and evil. Still, I believe humans and maybe some gods indeed, did great with the concept of justice; it would remain to keep working on the various types of possible improvements…

3 Likes

Indeed, I most certainly agree. I think that as humans, the best we can do is be as Socrates, and discuss the concept of justice. We can never stop attempting to achieve the greatest and highest good. And many here have already said, and spoken well, that justice to some might very well be injustice to another. As a result, grey-eyed Athena in her wisdom taught us the need for courts, and forums. Yet the gods themselves are imperfect, and we reflect their imperfection.

Is injustice then, simply, one being being forced to surrender free will, to submit to the will of another, because of overwhelming force? I remember teaching a civics lesson…one I could not dare to teach now, that had the Allied forces in WWII losing to the Axis powers. Harry Truman was on trial for crimes against humanity, because he was being held responsible for the slaughter of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Humanity does certainly, I think mostly, unfortunately, see justice in terms of might.

But ultimately, I think that this is also a lesson of the gods, and the ultimate test. How do we use our strength? Do we use our might for the collective good of all, with compassion and without prejudice? If we can say that yes, this is the case, then we may yet become closer to the immortal gods. May we all get the reward that we deserve.

2 Likes

Well said Diogeni.

Unfortunately not, that’s why the humanity is the most stupid specie, as many ppl say.
Humans drive theirselves and the mother earth to the disaster and their declension.

Actually yes, many people do.
Most people do their best to lead a good life, whatever that means. Most people don’t want to destroy the earth, or harm others.
The thing is, the world is so diverse, full of stories that carry misery along, that it is extremely chaotic.
What is best for someone’s family might not be the best for someone else’s.
Yet the driving force for most people is not to harm others, but to protect their own.
We strive to do “good”, but we are all caught inside our stories, and sometimes the best we can do is not so good.
Look at parents, most parents love and protect their children with all they have, and all they do is trying their very best. Those who don’t, carry their own story of misery with them, which they can’t escape.

No. Animals have no morals, they are not “noble”. Nature is not noble, it is ruthless and cruel.

1 Like

I said about the stupidity of our specie because we are the only one who is destroying their “home” the earth.
Many people indeed want to offer and help , but the biggest part…? If you see nowadays, everyone is looking till where his own house ends. Or acting and behaving according to his own current desires and thoughts, without thinking the other person, neighbour, country etc. This motive is being repeated unstoppably.
The ones who have the power, doesn’t think wisely for the common good, but how to get richer and richer. With no merce, not thinking the consequences to the other countries or towards the nature…
If this is not stupidity what is it :pensive:

No we are not. Every animal population grows under perfect corcumstances and grows until the population either declines because there’s not enough food or the habitat is destroyed or they fight each other so much that they cannot breed. You can see that in elefants in certain part of Africa, you can see it in deers in german woods and eagles in the alpine mountains.

This is natural. Not saying it’s good, but it’s not particularly bad either. It is natural to prioritise your own family, your tribe, your blood.

3 Likes