Is the scar of cain real? And what would it look like?

The mark of cain a curse of God that prevented cain from dying and going to heaven and hell he wanders aimlessly and any harm done to him is done ten fold to the hammer.

Does anyone think this mark is real and if it is what do you think to looks like

2 Likes

Cant say my understanding of the topic is that big.
Theorys from rabbies and schoolors have been put forward about the nature of the mark.
From what i can remember a common idea is that the mark is one of the letters of the hebrew alphabet and seeing as the letters all have their mystic power that is a theory that can easily be understod.
One of the vovels of the tetragrammaton is one idea cant remember the precise one.
The Torah i believe said that the mark prevented premature death of Cain so i would say that means he will still die by old age but he cant be killed before.
There is also the introduction of retribution/karma in the text and as all the text it depends on translation, one text talks about 7 times penalty for the ones trying to kill Cain.

As i said long tome since i even looked into it and since my latest contact with the mark of Cain was from the supernatural tv show some errors might have sneaked in :slight_smile:

1 Like

So to harm him, you would need to basically get him to enthusiastically dig his own grave, so to speak?

Interesting.

Probably a combination of things that make people shun and despise him, and complete inability on his part to fix that.

Tradition would say physical ugliness, with no redeeming inner light of compassion and generosity that can make even “ugly” people enchanting, and only being able to engage in things that are despicable and corrupt, so it could be argued the spirit exists in some humans who tend to go that route.

4 Likes

Doesn’t Michael W. Ford have Tubal Cain as part of the mythology of his version of Luciferianism? I think he woks magick with the personage of Cain, though I can’t say I’ve read much into his stuff due to its pomposity and poor writing. I do remember reading something about the Mark of Cain though.

Might be something to look into if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Something I found interesting from one of my many favorite YouTubers.

3 Likes

I think you are a little off there, it’s sevenfold. Here is the passage for context from the Bible if anyone is unfamiliar with it in detail.

10And He said, “What have you done? Listen! your brother’s blood cries out to me from the soil.
11And so, cursed shall you be by the soil that gaped with its mouth to take your brother’s blood from your hand. 12If you till the soil, it will no longer give you strength. A restless wanderer shall you be on the earth.” 13 And Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is too great to bear. 14Now that You have driven me this day from the soil I must hide from Your presence, I shall be a restless wanderer on the earth and whoever finds me will kill me.”
15And the Lord said to him, “Therefore whoever kills Cain shall suffer sevenfold vengeance.” And the Lord set a mark upon Cain so that whoever found him would not slay him."

1 Like

My Neighbor seems to think black people carry the mark of Cain… Not only that but if you commit an act of violence against a black person, you are likely to face much worse charges than if it was a white person.

Personally, I don’t know, but there may be some truth there, or none at all. I couldn’t say.

1 Like

Thank you for the correction I knew it was somewhere around ten

Well the bible blames “wickedness” as the reason black people exist God made wicked people black to separate them from all others. But as time went on it was kinda useless

I’ll look into it I personally think that the mark of cain could be a sigil to be honest

I always thought it looked like his families cross with something that showed that he killed his bother

I had a Mormon Bishop tell me this when I was about 12 years old. He said that Cains transgressions had cursed him and turned his skin black and that was the mark. He also stated that I should feel relieved and grateful to our Heavenly Father to be born “White and Delightsome” …So yeah, that’s a thing Mormons believe.

2 Likes

Weird cause I was mormon a while back and the bishop said the mark of cain took on any form/appearance

2 Likes

Well this bishop that told me this shit was old and full of old timey racism…and this was back in the 80’s as well. So this was a while ago… I just totally dated myself… Lmfao.
This particular mark of Cain dogma was regularly taught to young members up through the 70s.

1 Like

No Mormon’s blame black people. The Bible doesn’t. Don’t get me wrong I am not a fan of either of them, but it’s important to know exactly what you are debating. “know your enemy” and all that.

2 Likes

Desert cult bullshit, being physically adapted to your climate through evolution & natural selection is not the mark of anything. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m not too familiar with the myth of Cain but…didn’t he walk out of the desert, immortal and unchanging, bringing death and madness, cursed by God for committing the “first” murder (I can’t remember exactly if he was cursed for being the first murderer or because he killed his brother)?

Like Nyarlathotep, Messenger of the Old Ones…

Maybe the Mark of Cain is really the Seal of the Elder Gods, which keeps the Old Ones bound, or “cursed” one could say, beyond the dimensional wall…:thinking:

3 Likes

Ask Cain?

2 Likes

Well couldnt get this out of my head so found a nice theory of the origin of the Cain and abel story from a Mesopotamien story involving the slaying of gods by gods.
Seeing as i dont put that much trust in the bible For its disespect of copyright :wink:
I like how the Mesopotamien story bridges the gap forgive me If i spell names wrong now but as i understod it involved the slaying of Weils by Enki and Enlil. More of the backstory and general principles matches up, the differens is that gods slays gods and they are not perfect and man in their image aint perfect aswell but in the bible god is perfect where as man is ”evil” and god had nothing to do with that.
Based on this i would say there is no such thing as the mark and that it aswell is only a measurments of controll in the bible, ” anger god and he will mark you for everyone to know”.

I recommend reading The Pillars of Tubal Cain. Especially if you are a Mason.