Is our body the enemy without or are we the possessing enemy within?

Well I’m about to post my own thread for the first time so i hope i can english today!! My question is this;

I have heard it postulated that the body itself has its own consciousness and will. Not only that, but it itself is trying to remain in control and block your ascent and magickal abilities. And i thought, yeah right. But it got me pondering the possibility.

The body does have what they call cell memory. The body fights for its own survival. It demands things. We have to use our conscious willpower to overcome the desires of the body sometimes. We have to fight the body to leave it and soul travel. … so maybe there is some validity to this theory. Plus the body is inhabited by vast collonies of bacteria that although they live in a symbiotic relationship with the body and help it survive, do seem to have a consciousness and even the ability to control the actions and desires of the body.

With that said, do you have the same thoughts about the body trying to control and stop your ascent because it doesn’t want to loose control over itself by your nonphysical being, being awakened and in control? Are we actually possessing this body and fighting for control like a walk in??
How do you dominate the body and stop it from blocking you if you feel thats true. Is that why people use fasting, sleep deprivation or drugs to surpress and overcome the physical body? What have your experiences been and what do you feel works best for you? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

6 Likes

I learned a long time and many bad habits ago that domination of any level of self can reek havoc as you are always fighting yourself. With the path of smoke i aim to have these various levels of body, emotion ,mind,spirit ect. Work in concert to and on the same page as it were.

My ritual with Beleth last night working with the evocation of raw emotion leads me to believe to a degree this is the case with each level of consciousness.

I posted some of what i learned here

Slowly, the reason for the work of reuniting the torn aspects of self in the path of smoke is making more and more sense to me. Without this convergence of self the different levels of consciousness battle for dominance to gain ground in the plane toward their own goals. On top of which these levels of self can each be manipulated by outside forces that seek to further their own agendas.

1 Like

Oh dear god. So you’re telling me that yes my theory is in fact, fact, ANNND not only that, but I’ve barely scratched the surface. Cool beanz!

Pulls up sleeves, takes out book and pen, and lights candle and incense. I am ready for this ride! I do love the family i have found here on balg! Not only do you understand, but you go even deeper!! :heart:

Not to mention parasites which crave thingsthey want and we don’t need they also affect our bodies demands trying to outwit the mind :wink:

2 Likes

@Dinmiatus. I have been told repeatedly to be pure. (“You must purify yourself…”) I had to purify mind, ego, psyche and energy. Is that what you are or related to what you are talking about with the levels of self and your response?? Pure meaning not a blend of things but one. I dont mean pure as in angels and that holy church definition of the word. I have to be pure and strong. Now you got me thinking like crazy. …

In a way yes, Purfication in the sense of removing that which is not of true will may be more accurate way to convey my idea of “pure” for example nature is pure but it is also harsh,cruel,predatory and beautiful,strong, unyeilding ect.

The idea of “pure” that most get fed is usally tied into someones agenda. When your idea of pure is tied up into exploring your true will and what really drives you, then all that is not originating from this gets burned away.

1 Like

My thoughts on the matter are (and this is my opinion and belief) if you can activate all of your DNA that it will free the body and mind along with the help of deity/deities of your choice for Ascension.

1 Like

What are you seeking to free yourself from would be the next question. I have had to ask myself this many times. The answer doesnt stay the same for long as gain experience through the work.

2 Likes

Any and all barriers to my Ascension.

1 Like

A thought just came to mind ask whom ever deity you are following about the concept of complete DNA activation and what ever else that will assist you in your Ascension. Please share your findings.

1 Like

Then ask that question many times over time, alot of barriers people seem to hit are self made ones. This is what the time spent learning from Az-jahi and the druj nasu showed. They helped me desolve alot of my self imposed limits I had not realized were even there. Still alot to work on but progress is made.

2 Likes

The body is not the enemy. Without it we are all just consciousness floating in the Void. The body is our vehicle for Godhood. As was stated in the Book of Azazel, and confirmed by others spirits, the physical is the gloried position, and it is the only plane in which Godhood is even possible.

In his book, Internal Alchemy, Taylor Elwood has methods of evoking and working with things like the neurotransmitters and cells of the body. Scientific research has shown that the body does have it’s own form of consciousness or intelligence but can be brought under the conscious control of the mind through proper training like biofeedback. Elwood does it through magical techniques like evocation and invocation. It is a very holistic approach, and denies the religious divide between mind and body. A body that is healthy leads to a healthy mind, which makes magical training easier, in my opinion. That’s why magicians like Franz Barton, recommended some form of physical exercise while undertaking magical training.

2 Likes

If i remember sure :thinking: would be interesting to hear what the divs have to say on the matter.

2 Likes

Everyone has there vaults and vices the part of ascending is to recognize that for which it is and over come it for the better. We all are a work in progress.

1 Like

Sometimes its both

1 Like