Is or was Lilith an Angel or not?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

But why do demons help you then? To serve some selfish goal? How is that different from an angel working for their own agenda?

And why does “work” mean “for the collective” to you? That’s not necessarily the case.
And also, people (and angels) can do both. Take care of yourself and others.

6 Likes

Much like an individual getting into the military. They will act upon the militaries will, but most will not do something they dislike.

4 Likes

Also, caring about your own family like I said, is kind of a selfish goal actually. You care about them, you love them. To you, they are worth more than some other random person. You don’t want to live without them.
That’s why you protect them, and favour them.

2 Likes

Angels are just as diverse as any other race. Sure, they have their tendencies and ways of doing things, but saying they are RHP just doesn’t do them justice.

4 Likes

Ya’ll know , I think you guys are off topic, as this topic forum is about “Is, or was Lilith an Angel, or not?”

Funny you say this, because my response was taken to the wrong thread after splitting YOUR derailment from the other thread by @Lady_Eva

5 Likes

Pot meet kettle lol.

3 Likes

yall think this funny huh ?

Bruh. Read my response. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I did

1 Like

No, actually it’s not funny…if it were, there wouldn’t be people in here taking time away from their real lives to try and have a legitimate conversation with you about the accuracy of Lilith being a demon or angel.

4 Likes

Oh, you right my bad, I sorry

To answer the question, I lean towards either her being demon entirely or a human who went through soul transmutation into a demon. She does not have the firy presence that most angels i have encountered have.

6 Likes

I see

right. Being a demon entirely seems more likely to me but I do not dismiss the possiblity she was human at some point. I have yet to ask her though, as it hasn’t been something important to me in my eyes compared to other lessons she can provide.

I have a similiar theory with Naamah as well.

Agrat Bat Mahlat and Eisheth Zenunim seem entirely demonic though.

2 Likes

I agree, this is a possibility, because in some of her earlier Judaic myths, Lilith is said to have a half human aspect, called Naamah-Lilith. Originally, Lilith was unable to conceive, so the Naamah-Lilith aspect was created specifically for the purpose of producing offspring. As the half-human Naamah-Lilith, she had at least three human husbands and had children by them.

Source: Deconstructing Lilith: Exploring the Role of Lilith in Judeo-Spanish, Babylonian, and Hebrew Writings.

4 Likes

Ah nice, I was thinking it was strictly just a random theory of mine. I did not know it was something that had been looked at in her earlier stories.

I learned something new today

1 Like

Naamah wasn’t originally seen as her own being, but as a human aspect of Lilith which I find quite interesting. Modern magicians work with her as a distinct goddess in her own right, equal to Lilith, but she hasn’t always been seen that way.

Uncle_Al always touts Naamah as working very quickly for material needs so I wonder if that might be related to the idea of her once being human, and thus more directly connected to the material world. :thinking:

8 Likes

It is a possiblity in my eyes, as it would also explain how some saints can do the same.

2 Likes